Jay Glazer: Rex Believes He's Fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DMarsh6, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

You read other fans opinions because they are no different than us? Huh :breakdance: I'm not so sure that's a sound philosophy. Haven't you read the stuff on here throughout the years?

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Roman's Pro experience has been with the Panthers (1995-2001), Texans (2002-2005), Ravens (2006-2007) and now the 49ers.

Kerry Collins achieved a lot early on as the Panthers QB but then got derailed by the drinking. I'm not sure I see a big QB success story anywhere else there. Roman's success with QB's has come in direct relation to his work with Harbaugh who is a QB guru, having been one himself.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yes, I would love to hear from a fans perspective on Greg Roman. I have heard not one positive opinion on this guy. Some of the stuff said here is legit and has been on point - some things have not. I am willing to give that a try. No one likes this guy - that to me is a red flag.

That's what I have been saying, he has no body of work - In my opinion he is fraud. The passing game for the 49ers has been pretty bad this season, and Kaepernick has regressed as well. All this when Roman was calling plays.

We want a coach that can revive the passing game - Marty is well on his way to doing so. I think he is a far better offensive mind then Roman.

4. Murrell2878

Roman was a defensive quality control coach and strength and conditioning coach with Carolina from 95-97. He moved to offense quality control in 97-98 then offensive assistant in 99-00.
    With Houston in 02-03 he coached TE's and in 04 finally coached QB's and Carr had his Brest year.

He didn't coach the QBs until 2004 and didnt again until SF.

5. Murrell2878

Okay,well keep listening to other fans if that works for you. I'd prefer experts instead.

Oh and you quoted and agreed with a fan that was clueless on Romans biography. Not really helping yourself.

6. 101GangGreen101

#606 101GangGreen101, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Do you understand what "could" means? He's making a statement about his ceiling which he probably hasn't hit yet.

8. 101GangGreen101

I know what it means you fool.

He may never even hit his ceiling, I can tell you now he won't be one of the greatest to ever play the game. Surely Greg Roman has done an excellent job in developing him.

When I think about the best quarterbacks, they make those around them better - Kaepernick does not have that skill-set. Russel Wilson does, Andrew Luck does - they are on their way to being special in that regard.

Joe Montana, Tom Brady the minute they stepped on the field they had that quality.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Some good stuff here guys on Roman, if you have the time to read it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--o...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANuZmwEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

I know one of you would prefer opinions of average Joe Niners fan, which I cannot believe is a conversation being had, but this is Michael Silver, who I really respect.

Roman seems like a damn good candidate if they decide to go in another direction after this season. I know it's going to take a coach with the ability to think outside the box and hide weaknesses if this offense is going to be successful anytime soon. He seems like just the type of guy that could be a good HC in this league.

Interesting that Caldwell in JAX wanted him. Considering he was our 1st choice for GM, we know what direction we'd be headed if he came here.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this link. I didn't know much about Roman. I like what I've read. As a HC candidate, I also like the fact that he's had experience with defensive coaching and with being the strength and conditioning coach. That kind of experience can help make him a better HC of the whole team.

I especially liked the following in the article:

This shows how much he changes his offense to match the strengths and talents of his team. I also love teh creativity.

An interesting side note is that Toby Gerhart will be a FA. Could we see a Gerhart and Roman reunion with the Jets?

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We finally have the right mix at the coaching positions. I hope Idzik doesn't mess with it. I'd like to see another year of Rex and MM with better players on offense.

12. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Roman is the guy I want all along.

13. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

14. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Keep Rex.

Give the guy a half decent QB. Players love him, most fans love him, give him another shot.

15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Only Jacksonville and Houston have scored less points than we have this year. Rex and Marty leaving will be no big loss, trust me.

16. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

As a Spurs fan, your avatar is salt in the wound.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Being I'm a Liverpool fan I won't mention the beatdown at White Hart Lane a few weeks ago...

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

what amazes me is how much the media is behind rex at this point. its pretty surprising, but he did feed htem for the last 4 years prior to this one.

i still really think rex is done, i think it was decided early in the year if not before the first game. i dont see that he has done anything this year to show me or idzik that he is different or that he is the guy to lead the team to the superbowl.

now that we have won a few meaningless games everyone is feeling all warm and fuzzy, but 3 weeks ago that wasnt the feeling around here. and i am sure if the jets lose to miami it will be all about darkness and the rest.

and that is not how you make decisions, you dont make them depending upon whether the team is 6-10 or 8-8, teams that do that dont make good decisions.

and i wont have a problem with idzik if he fires rex. i just hope he can bring a good replacement in. i would also not mind keeping morningwood as oc, but fuck no as head coach. no way.

19. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Idzik wont make an impulsive move. Roman should be the guy.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'd want Roman if they can RR. Well probably get some dickstain from Seattle.

I'd rather just keep the current staff tho.