Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsFanatic

JetsFanatic Active Member

Geno>Sanchez, Give Geno a little more experience and his up side os greater then Sanchez.

2. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

No just like he has in every single game since his 2nd year. How do people still defend the creator of the buttfumble??

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Probably to a defensive lineman

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

GEEZUZ!

The objective is not to get a quarterback better than Sanchez.

It's to get a freaking franchise quarterback.

Is that what we're preening about? That Geno is better than Sanchez? That he has "greater upside"?

Holy shit what a sorry lot we are.

_

5. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Yes, yes I am.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This is where I stand as well. A paycut is a must though.

7. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

100% sure....as sure of anything in the world

8. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Don't let time dull the pain and reality of how awful Mark was...

Just don't do it.

He had a fair shot. Have to move on even if he becomes "serviceable" somewhere else, he is not the cornerstone QB you want

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I'd welcome him back if he takes a huge pay cut, absolutely.

Ideally, I would love an open competition in camp (fair and equal) with Geno, Sanchez, and either a rookie or a veteran like Cutler, Schuabb, Fitzpatrick, Cousins, or Hill (if we grabbed Cutler, get rid of Sanchez and name Cutler the starter immediately)

10. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

What is the point of restructuring him? Sanchez is probably done with the Jets, and he is due $13,100,000 against the cap. Cutting him now would save us $8,300,000 and leave $4,800,00 in dead money. Restructuring would take some of that $8,300,000 we were to save, and then guarantee that to him in 2015.

In other words, Sanchez is due 13.1 mil this year. We can say cut our losses, cut Sanchez now, lose 4.8 mil of space in 2014, but keep the other 8.3 mil he would have earned. OR Restructure, pay Sanchez something like 6-8 mil, and push the other 5-7 mil into the next 2 years of his contract. So we save 5-7 mil to burn on FA and the draft this year, plus we keep Sanchez to compete/backup Geno.

Problem is, if Sanchez loses the competition and is designated backup (which I suspect he would), we have a bigger issue on our hands. Sanchez is due a whopping 15.6 mil in 2015, and if we want to cut him then we have to take on that additional 5-7 mil that we restructured on top of the dead money he already would cost us in prior prorated bonus'.

The point of it all is that basically there won't be any disappearing cost for us, and keeping Sanchez basically hurts us in the long run by adding additional guaranteed money. All this for a QB, when we have our starter in Geno Smith? No thanks.

11. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Just watch, the Idzik way is to create competition, but at a low cost which Sanchez is not. Geno will have a competitor, but a lower priced FA like Matt Moore (Some say he may be a cap casualty in Miami)

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

All of what you said. My head screams get him as far away from us as possible, but what does that leave us?
    Careful what you wish for.

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

And how exactly would he KNOW Morningwheg system? Just because he spent one year here without never playing in it? C'mon man...

Get this distraction off the team. Sanchez's career with the Jets is over.

14. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

We could've used Sanchez this season. I'd rather have him with a big pay cut than both Simms or Garrard.
    If Idzik doesn't draft a qb in the draft and we lose out on McCown and Schaub because they don't think they'll start I'd rather have Sanchez than a Brady Quinn or Jason Campbell.

15. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Sanchez is done in NY, the very small chance that he has to become a serviceable QB depends upon him getting a fresh start, which is not happening here.

Best case scenario for Sanchez is to sign somewhere as backup QB, with less pressure and attention he may succeed if given a chance if the starter goes down for short stints.

I am not saying what the OP doesn't make sense, I just don't think that Sanchez can handle the shit storm that will follow his first red zone pick or pick 6.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

That Geno fucking sucks like a bitch does not mean Sanchez should come back. Both should be offloaded in ideal world. That means Sanchez should be cut this off season.

P.S. Geno is NOT better than Sanchez. Period.

#56 Zach, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I believe you have to cut him to save all the money possible. Then I don't care. If he wants come back for cheap as a backup, sure. If we keep him but keep all the money on the books, no thanks

18. Patsfan83

Patsfan83 New Member

Flacco looked great this year, $120 million for 33rd passer rating.

19. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez reminds me of Eli Manning in alot of ways only Sanchez never had the Same weapons year after year.They can be good at times and mind blowingly horrible sometimes.I do think Sanchez will start in the league again it just wont be for the Jets

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You can't be serious with this. If the Jets have the QB derby you suggest, it will certainly lead to failure. To develop a QB, the QB needs time and reps to learn the offense and the receivers. Smith did not have that time this year and it shows. A competition at QB is not healthy. A "derby" is insane. Why stop at 4-5 QBs? Why not bring in 10 or 15? Give them each two plays a practice.

The Jets need to draft skill players on offense. No QB succeeds without weapons. See what happened to Flacco and Stafford (and Brady early in the season) without anyone to throw to and little to no running game. Bring in a veteran who is NOT an NFL starter and draft a QB in round 4 and give Smith an entire offseason as the starter with a re-stocked offense to see what he can do next season.

Constantly drafting and rotating QBs with constant uncertainty will only add to the problem at the position, not solve it. Having a QB competition means you have no QB. The Jets need to settle on and properly develop a QB and surround that QB with NFL talent. The Jets failed to properly develop Sanchez and your strategy will lead to failure also and the search for a QB will continue.

Look at the young QBs in the league over the past 4-5 years. They are all up and down. You can't judge a QB by one season. Which is the real RG III, the 2012 or 2013 version? Same with Flacco. Same with Eli Manning. Same with Rivers. It took Alex Smith 6 years to have a good season. I could go on and on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.