Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsandcanes, Dec 17, 2013.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

You just lost me.

2. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

I think any GM would take the weapons that come with Stafford or Cutler not necessarily the qb.

If you were a qb what offense would you want to play for?
    A- Chicago
    B- Detroit
    C- Jets

Brandon Marshall, and Megatron alone are better than anything we have. Then sprinkle in Forte, and Bush... Who do we have that can compare to those weapons?

Obviously it's just the QB when it comes to Sanchez.

3. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Why bother trying to reason with these people? I cannot tell if they are trolling, but they are sure good at conversational alchemy.

You: Sanchez has more playoff wins and/or clutch plays that have help to lead his team
    Them: No - it was the team that carried him
    You: Sanchez has never had the talent X, Y , Z quarterbacks have had and has gone farther
    Them: Well, by that logic then - the years Sanchez didn't make the playoffs should also be indicative of his skill

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i wonder if these absurd threads will continue next year after he is cut.

so how are we going to do this? were not paying him the 13 million or whatever it is we owe him. so scratch that one off.

are we going to cut him and have him count 4 million i think against the cap and THEN resign him? to a lesser deal of course, i wonder how much lesser of a deal he would take.

or are we going to restructure his contract, not really sure how it would get restructured so please do tell me what the deal might look like. extend him 3 years and pay him an extra 3 million so we only pay him 4 million a year for 4 more years? i mean seriously how is this going to look when its done?

5. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

No, he is awful.

6. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

They probably won't keep him. It may be tough enough justifying to fans on why they need to keep Rex. One has to go likely.

#66 RobertTheJr, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  7. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

This is kind of comical. It doesn't matter who's the quarter back. You have to have recievers that can actuallly get seperation and run crisp routes. We don't have either! The o-line can't open up holes for the ruunning back let alone protect the quarter back. We need to improve the line before any significant improvement will be seen from the quarter back position.

8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

1. This isn't tennis stop using team accomplishments as a stat.

2. I'm not understanding your second point.

3. If Sanchez can get credit for "leading" the Jets to the playoffs, then he should get blamed for failing to not make the playoffs. I mean pick one. If you and the other Sanchez supporters want to credit him with playoff wins and "leading" the Jets to the playoffs, then you can't turn around and blame the team when he doesn't "lead" the Jets to the playoffs.

9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Trying to reason with these people? Your in the minority, you realize that right? And not just among Jets fans and people on this board.

Not saying there is anything wrong with that, your opinion is your opinion. But don't try to make it sound like we are being totally absurd in our view that Sanchez isn't very good.

10. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Not the point. Of course anyone would rather have the talent that Detroit and Chicago has on offense.

Sanchez has had talent to work with in the past. He played with a great O-Line, great running game, and had some above average receivers during his first 2-3 years in the NFL. He did very little with that.

Luck doesn't have elite receivers to throw to, Russel Wilson sure doesn't...

Calvin Johnson or Alshon or Brandon Marshall would make any QB's job easier, no argument there. But plenty of QB's play much better then Sanchez with less then elite receivers to throw to.

11. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I'm not a Sanchez supporter more than a - there are many possible reasons that can explain why both Sanchez and his team struggled other than he is a completely useless athlete supporter.

Generating hypotheses based off of valid observations are not excuses, by the way. Trying to justify cause and effect, past the point of arguments such as, "OMG Sancho/suckchez/Taco blows donkey dick. Get him and his female haircut off of this team before I vomit!!!!!", is also ok - or it should be. I am more amused by the way people have exclusively defended Geno in the face of the same or worse situations compared to Mark. Applying the same arguments for Geno are not seen here as excuses the same way they are for Mark. I think Mark should leave - for him, for us, for everyone. I am tired of talking about him. I would be happy to move on.

12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I can only speak for myself.

I've never called him anything other then Mark Sanchez. I just don't think he is any good.

The people calling him that are just frustrated with how he played as a Jet.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Top 15 fantasy QBs last year (including rushing points in ESPN standard scoring)

Brees (no playoffs last year, unique circumstances 7-9)
    Brady (playoffs)
    Rodgers (playoffs)
    Cam Newton (no 7-9)
    Peyton Manning (playoffs)

Oh look, 4 out of the top 5 fantasy QBs were the 4 best QBs in the league last year. Hmm is that just a coincidence?

RGIII was number 6, playoffs.
    Matt Ryan was number 7, playoffs.
    Tony Romo was number 8, no playoffs (8-8).
    Andew Luck was number 9, playoffs.
    Matthew Stafford was number 10, no (4-12). Threw for the most passes ever in the NFL, so that leads to his hight ranking.

Okay the next 5 has 3 playoff QBs, a 8-8 team, and our first terrible team at 4-12.

Wilson, Dalton, Freeman, Flacco, Manning for Playoffs, Playoffs, miss, Playoffs, miss.

The QBs were missing from the top 15 fantasy QBs, Christian Ponder and Matt Schaubb. I would say fantasy did a pretty accurate job predicting playoff QBs.

The reason for this, fantasy is just another QBR or QB rating. Alone it isn't a good judge as from the Stafford example last year, but playoff QB alone doesn't work either, look at Christian Ponder last year. The fantasy points plus watching the QBs shows that QBs who usually end up leading the fantasy race, lead the MVP votes, leads the all pro votes, and are on playoff teams or teams contending for the playoffs.

Look at this year top 5 so far

Peyton Manning
    Drew Brees
    Cam Newton
    Andrew Luck
    Phillip Rivers

Stafford, Romo, Wilson, Smith, and Dalton round out the top 10.

Right now that's playoffs, playoffs, playoffs, playoffs, fighting for WC, fighting for division, fighting for division, playoffs, playoffs, playoffs.

The next 5, Brady, Big Ben, Foles, Tannehill, Colin Kap. That's playoffs, out, playoffs, fighting for WC, playoffs.

That's 10 out of the 12 playoff QBs in the top 15 currently. The missing one, Jay Cutler who was injured and didn't accumulate the points like QBs who played the majority of the season so far. The other missing one, Tannehill/Flacco/Rivers, whoever takes AFC WC spot 6.

Or in 2009 we beat the Patriots in NE instead of our rookie QB throwing 4 picks and we win the division. Or in 2010 our offense doesn't score 3 points and we jump ahead of NE after 12 games into the season with the tiebreaker. That's also an option.

No no no. When Sanchez struggles, it's because the Jets didn't help him. When other QBs struggle, it's because they stink. The way QBs are analyzed on TV has led to a dramatically poor view on how to judge QBs. It's stupid, people just want to fit whatever narrative they have for that QB. Nobody's running around saying Joe Flacco is a top QB in the league even though he fits every criteria these people have like high winning %, consistent playoff appearances, consistent playoff wins, SB winner, SB MVP. What stops people from putting him as a top QB in the league? The fact that he hasn't played the QB position like a top QB against his peers the past 5 years. But wait why don't we use this to judge every QB? When's the last time you heard Joe Flacco is the reason the Ravens have been such a good team the last 5 years?

I don't see why it's so difficult to say Sanchez was an inconsistent QB who played his best overall year in 2010. He struggled down the stretch with the team in 2011 making crucial mistakes in Miami, and then him and the team crumbled in 2012. Sanchez succeeded when the team around him was more talented too, although he didn't really shine until his second year. IN retrospect, that second year should have been more worrisome. He recovered 80% of lost fumbles, 30% above league average, and the Jets offense was really inconsistent and lost games where they scored 0,3,6,9,27 and 17. Those were our losses. Sanchez and team was up and down his whole career. If he was leading the league in some QB categories, there would be more of ar eason for the Jets to hold onto him longer, except last year he was a bottom of the league QB. That's what led the Jets to looking to move on and try a flyer on Geno.

#73 displacedfan, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

They can ask the 49ers as they did the exact same thing with Alex Smith in 09.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

what were the figures? i really dont know but i also know that there was NOBODY looking to sign alex smith, sancho on the other hand will probably get someone to pay him.

wow i just looked up his contract, it really is alot of money over the next few years. 11.5 million this coming year, 14 million the next year and 12.25 in 2016.

hey if you can sign him to a 4 mill per year for 2 years deal congrats, it doesnt change the fact that he isnt very good and not even worth 4 million a year.

16. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

The whole he is good and not good statement is obviously an opinion. Qb's stats are his numbers but are exponentially increased by the talent and system.

2011 was Mark's best year, but did play poorly down the stretch along with the team. That collapse has nothing to do with oline, receivers, or typical Play calling?

If anybody thinks any qb would've succeeded with 2012 talent, system and personnel. They'd have to be delusional. Look how bad Eli looks with 2 bona fide receivers and a real oc. There is a reason Sparano got canned and isn't a oc any longer.

Bottom line is yes Sanchez play LOOKS bad, but the overall system was just as bad if not worse. Who were our starting receivers? TE? Before you say Hill and Cumberland remember that was their rookie year. So if they are bad this year I can't imagine how bad they were their rookie years!
    Only decent player has been Kerley...

#76 azhar80, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  17. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

The only cap consideration when it comes to Muck is what size dunce cap he should wear while spending his millions in retirement next year.

18. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

the people calling him those things are ridiculously immature and are probably the type of people to ask a girl out and when she declines its because 'shes a crazy bitch'

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

how many of those guys WON in the playoffs?

Brees: missed
    Brady? 1-1
    Rodgers: 1-1
    Newton: missed
    Peyton: another one and done
    RG III: 0-1
    Ryan: finally got 1st win, lost next week
    Romo: missed as usual
    Luck: one and done
    Stafford: missed as usual

The QB that won the SB his fans wanted him gone late in the year.

20. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

game away from the sb = very little