17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Enjoy the game. I won't be around in the New York area game time. Otherwise I would negotiate a price for the remaining 2. Looks like perfect place to take the kids to enjoy the game.

How did you get so lucky again?

They went on sale on stubhub? Surreal really.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I haven't collected yet - the guy still has to send them via UPS. But if he comes through then I figure a 14-person suite at 700K / 10 games is a face value of $5000 per ticket. So yeah sounds too good to be true so I'm going to wait until I have the tickets in hand before I can start inviting people

Stubhub has a way of screwing people though, there are no replacement tickets for these if the seller doesn't come through and I'll get stiffed with a coupon

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

4. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

The Giants had a 40% off everything sale at the team store at the stadium today.

5. GordonGecko

heh, the stubhub seller came through on those 4 Commissioner's Club tickets

They came from a multinational, multibillion dollar hedge fund, not surprised

I am pumped for the game!

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Gecko,,,,,enjoy have a great time !

7. grumpynyjetsfaninME

I wish my wife wouldve listened to me about getting tickets after the panthers game. She paid 50 for uppers .. now they are like 24.. maybe i can find some tickets in the parking lot. A little bit closer.

8. GordonGecko

Stubhub lists games until 30 minutes past kickoff now. Go in the stadium anyways but wait out your price for lowers (you should be able to get something for under $30 or $20 - seriously uppers will go down to $5) and buy a pair on your phone then walk down there and if questioned show the usher your tickets on your phone and say you lost the print outs

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Take pictures and post them here Gecko. Pretty please :)

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

It is amazing how over priced tickets are when the jets are winning but it is just as mind blowing to look at prices while they are losing,,,,,tickets were low in previous games but go check out prices and locations now for the Browns,,,,,wow

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

these are the type of prices the games should be all the time. id pay 128 to sit in the mezz. the douchebag tickets are still in the 300s so fuck them but normal football watching folks tickets should be alot closer to these price points.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It's not really that amazing to me b/c that's the way it's been for 40 years, wandering in the wilderness.

I can remember years when I owned 5th Row Mezz in the old stadium (these seats were under cover, mind you... primo desirable seats)... far enough away from the rail to not get wet even in a driving rainstorm. Yet close enough to see everything and be able to move down to Row One if the seats were vacated by assholes who cared more about getting to the car in the 3rd Q than the game itself.

So if I couldn't make a realy hot game in a hot season (very few indeed), I could get WAY more than face.

But as was usually the case, I remember Kotite Seasons and even Herm where you couldn't give the tickets away. I would go to games with my wife, holding all 4 tickets, then excuse myself whild I wandered around the parking lot holding up 2 tix and no takers.

so now I'm out in front of Gate C jeopardizing my entire season ticket package right in front of Gate C "Security" trying to sell the fucking things for $15.00 adn bargaining with assholes "I'll take both for $12. The guy over there has two in the lowers for $10 each."

You just take the deal and walk away.

And THIS IS WHAT I WAS PREACHING WAY BACK WHEN IN THIS THREAD when it first started. You buy a fucking PSL and it's 10 times worse than what I experienced.

But oh no, none of the newbies wanted to hear about that. The PSLs were expensive but "Hey, they're well worth it and they're going nowhere but up."

So here we fucking are. And tell me assholes...

WHAT ARE YOUR FUCKING PSLs WORTH NOW?

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227,,,,,yes you posted many times,,,,,,and yes I remember what it was like when we old not give tickets away in the parking lot,,,,,I can't tell you how many I ate ,,,you guys probably did the same,,,,,but as you said 227 to eat them now with a hefty psl attached would be very hard to digest,,,I feel for anyone that is in that boat and really cannot afford the loss especially at this time of year

14. grumpynyjetsfaninME

I went to metlife for the first time sunday.
    Why on earth would they put metal bars right in front of you. Just put pkexi glass all around. I was in 304.. when they were on the 20-40 yard line i couldnt see much without doing the headbob. If i was a season ticket holder i qoukd be pissed. For one reason. No where on the ticket does it say. "Obstructed view". If you cant see the whoke fied it should say something. That place must really suck to get out of when the place is full... that place was empty... them grey and dark grey seats really play tricks with the eyes to make it look full.

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Just got a new survey from the NYJs. Wanted to know what type of STHer I was, the year of my birth & how many games I attended this year :sad:

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

227 - How did you like your location this year?

You're right of course about all of this. I know a guy from our tailgate group who was a proud PSL buyer three years ago who didn't attend a game this year "for financial reasons". What i suspect was, he was only able to afford his PSL payments, and sold the season tickets to someone else and stayed home. he came yesterday since he was able to buy cheap tix on game day, but he's sold his own seats just to keep up with the PSL payments.

How sad.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

everyone should bring a bunch of bright ass red bags and put them over teh empty seats in their area. that would be funny, the things didnt even do a good job as you could still see the stadium was half empty, kickoff was fucking brutal.

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Did anyone do the survey yet?. They probably flush out the bad ones, but I filled out mine w/comments. Took some time, lets see if they call me. I was pretty extensive in my comments, more about how there are no perks for a long time year season ticket holder and they value the newbie PSL holder more. My buddy is a long Yankee STH and told them what they do for him, you would be sick if I told you, and that team delivers. Also lower the damm speakers in the UD and more Red Zone in real time. Can't ask them to rebuild the stadium you know. And win, state the obvious.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Gonna take the survey soon. "More Red Zone in real time"? What does that mean?

20. grumpynyjetsfaninME

Whats wrong with the ud sound level. I thought it was nice. And the red.zone real time. It has.to do with that dip sjyt roger only saying.you can show the fans 2 games. Not sure. But roger is.pretty dumb