Thank You Woody & Leon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

It's a shitty thread because it is nothing but you whining about how much this organization has sucked historically. Thanks, you have truly inspired me!

[​IMG]

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

what kind of medication do you take?

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This is generally how I follow them too.

When I was younger I used to get pretty upset after losses, sometimes letting it linger longer than mere hours after gametime. Now I'm just like well -that's the Jets for you. I might get upset at a missed tackle in the moment, but I'm not going to stress over them being terrible - because that's what they are.. It's not like I have any say in the matter anyway.

Every year I could careless about playoff scenarios, needing so and so to lose, etc.. because if they were any good that crap wouldn't matter. But they aren't any good. I don't invest any emotional energy in that stuff, because they all start with - (if the Jets win and...) and we all know how that first script usually plays out, more often than not.

I disagree that one day they will win the SB. The law of averages doesn't really work that way. It resets every year, game by game, etc. There is no law or factor stating that everyone will sometime win the SB... and it doesn't have anything to do with luck. The best teams will win and if the Jets could ever create the best team they could win. But they haven't had the ownership, management, etc to do such a thing. It's very possible they could never EVER win a SB.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Been a fan since 2004. I have not had it bad at all. Can definitely understand why fans from the 90s and before are extremely frustrated.

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

You need to get a life man.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The truth may hurt. but you don't have to read it.

run along to another thread if you want to feel optimistic about terrible players like Mark Sanchez. There's probably a certain individual going at that right now...

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Either you were just a kid or one of your parents dropped you on your head! :wink: Seriously, outside of a couple of players, I didn't find anything likeable about those Jets under Kotite. They were the sorriest excuse for a professional sports team that I have ever had the misfortune of watching. We're lucky that the team wasn't forced to move to LA or something.

8. NCJetsfan

Barry, I just noticed that you have one of my all-time favorite Jets in your signature, Brad Baxter. I'll never forget a block he made on a blitzer in the fall of '86, I think. Baxter totally destroyed the guy, lifted him off the ground, drove him about 5-6 yards backwards and buried him in the turf. It was a thing of beauty.

Getting back to the Jets in general, those of us who were old enough to enjoy the '80s was one of the best times to be a Jets fan. Wesley Walker, Toon, Johnny Hector, Freeman McNeil, Mickey Shuler. I am old enough that I was 13 when the Jets won SB III, so I got to see Joe Willie, Maynard, Sauer, Snell, Boozer, Gerry Philbin and a lot of great Jets of that generation.

9. NCJetsfan

Dude, the Sanchez deal absolutely killed this team. It killed the cap and killed the spirit of the team. He was getting paid like an elite QB, and wasn't anywhere even in the same area code as an elite QB. It mean the Jets were stuck with him, and couldn't bring in a better vet. It has totally hamstrung this team. Has being a Jets fan for so long made you lose your mind?

10. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Wow

I was 11. My father went out and bought a color tv so we could watch the game

11. NCJetsfan

Now the Mets in the mid-60's with Casey Stengel as manager were lovable losers. One of the only times in their existence that I've cheered for them was in the '69 World Series against the Orioles, I think. They truly were "Amazing" to have won that series. The other time was vs. the Red Sux when poor Bill Buckner went down in infamy.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Baxter wasn't on the team in 1986.

No it didn't, the cap was easily fixed and we had plenty of money to spend this offseason. Idzik wanted to save cap room for the future and acquire picks.

if mark was our starter this year we'd be a playoff team or at the very least have a great shot these last 2 weeks.

13. NCJetsfan

Sweet. It's a good thing the Jets won that SB, or he might have returned the TV or put his foot through the screen! LOL

Nice to know there are a number of us who have been rooting the team for a loooooonng time.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Dude you are a hockey fan.... imagine being a Panthers fan, or Predators, or Mapleleafs,or even worse Minnesota?

15. NCJetsfan

It was definitely Baxter, so it must have been in '89 or later. I knew my memory was fuzzy, and that's why I said '86, I think.

You're flat out delusional about Sanchez and his contract.

16. nyjunc

actually I am spot on, we were always getting rid of Revis so that was going to free up a ton of money, we were always going to make the cuts we made. It was a simple fix and we had tons of cap room to make moves. The Sanchez contract did nothing to hurt us other than to ensure he would be here this year which in retrospect hurt us but if he was healthy he would have helped us win more games while helping geno develop from the sidelines.

17. nyjunc

or worse...a Ranger fan:rofl:

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Ha the Panthers haven't been around long enough to be ranked...though they've at least been to the cup. The preds haven't been around nearly long enough, The Maple Leaf lack of playoff appearences in the last 20 years is amazingly horrible

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

as I said, along with the Jets, the Rangers are a historical loser

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Hey be a hero instead of attempting to insult me why not insult the people responsible for the shit that the NYJs are. if you do not know there is Woody (he has a Twitter acct? RR & Idzik who so far I do not think have Twitter accounts. I am just presenting the FACTs & if U Can find anything in those facts that is incorrect please post it. You should be thanking me in fact for bringing this subject out in the open once & for all. Oh yes hav e the NYJs been losers since 01/13/69 losers = winning the SB in case U do not know:sad: