Thank You Woody & Leon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Dec 17, 2013.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Without optimism what else is left?

I'm not sure if I am a sunshiner/darksider but like to think I look on the bright side with a level head.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

What U posted here I heard 44 years ago, then 40 years ago, then 35 years ago, then 30 years ago, then 25 years ago, then 20 years ago, then 15 years ago, then 10 years ago, Then 5 years ago & now today. Wake up & smell the roses it is the same BS year after year with the same result NOT WINNING the SB. Now if U think things will be better with RR having another year of HC experience under his belt sorry to say U are sadly mistaken, Same goes for sad sack owner Woody & same goes for 6th choice Idzik :sad:

3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

WE FUCKING SUCK!

There, does that help?

[​IMG]

4. championjets69

I have no idea but I ASSURE U come the 2021 season the NYJs will be wallowing in the same pig slop then wallow in now :sad:

5. championjets69

Tellingl me something I do not know? I hope the NYJs never win the SB in YOUR lifetime so U can see how it feels then maybe at that time U will understand what I am saying. So go to the beach put on those green sunglasses & drink that green koolaid & dream of those mythical SBs the NYjs will be winning in the next 40 years :sad:

6. championjets69

Ur R aware to this day that the NYJ record since founding in 1960 is still below 500. Being such a sharp stat man U should be posting this stat each & every day :sad:

7. championjets69

How about the ones from the 60s that saw them win SB3? :sad:

8. championjets69

Well from 01/12/69 which is when they won SB3 till is only 44 seasons. I will now since the 13 season is now officially over :sad:

9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Supporting the Jets obviously upsets you so much, you need to either stop following them or get a hobby...other than the Jets.

10. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

Fixed it

Never mind Champ you beat me to it.

11. championjets69

I have other hobbies so need to imply anything in fact U should be thanking me for giving U the raw hard facts about the NYJs :sad:

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Champ has plenty of hobbies.

Picking penny stocks. Tracking Jon Vilmas tackles beyond the line of scrimmage. Keeping a Madame DeFarge list of the posters on this board. Doing word puzzles. Accepting medicare benefits.

This is a renaissance man we're in the presence of.

13. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

After shit-show seasons like the past couple, it is hard not to feel the Champ sentiment. Thankfully things can turn on a dime in the NFL, but these last 2 season have been awful.

14. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I'm 46, and I've been a Jets/Mets fan for as long as I can remember, which is early/mid 70's, so I share your pain, and have holes in my walls and deep emotional scars to prove it.

After the Favre debacle, I realized that I hated hating the Jets. I was miserable and it was affecting my family. Mostly, I was ashamed for acting like Jets wins and losses were some life and death struggle. They aren't and it doesn't make you more of a fan to act like like they are. After that epiphany, I decided that I would be more positive. After all, we are just fans and it is just football. Having a positive outlook makes watching the games and posting here a lot more enjoyable, even when I'm reading shitty threads like this one.

15. championjets69

U left out the doing the Rubiks Cube & several other things. The profit from that penny stock allows me to totally enjoy my retirement :sad:

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You enjoy being miserable.

17. championjets69

This is not a shitty thread & is the FACTs which I guess you choose to deny. Everybody who reads this thread should thank me if they understand the thread for finally bringing out into the open what needs to be said about sad sack Woody,RR,Idzik :sad:

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't understand all the emotional capital being spent on this. The Jets are what they've always been. A tease. They're the pretty girl in the short skirt and open blouse that won't give you anything but a peek or two. They're Lucy with the football. What is there not to understand about this team?

Get mad because we don't make the playoffs? Its not like we're perennial contenders anyway. Mad because we haven't won in 45 consecutive years? At least we did win in the same year Man landed on the Moon and probably won't win again until we go back. Mad because we can never seem to get it right? Its part of the Jet DNA.

If you're gonna follow the Jets and keep your sanity, you damn well better learn how to keep everything in perspective. You can't get too high or too low when it comes to this team or you will become manic depressive ( and a lot of you already are..).

I've found that the first 10 years are the roughest. If you make it past that threshold, you should know enough about this team not to be too surprised by much of anything they do organizationally.

One day the Jets will win the SB. The law of averages are in our favor. Now will I be alive to see it? I dunno but I'm not willing to put .10 on that. I watch the Jets not because I think they're contenders when I know full well they're not. I watch the Jets because I've followed this team for so long that they're the only team I'll root for. I'll buy an occasional Polo shirt, hoodie, beer mug, etc. Not buying the PSL's or face value gameday tickets until the product on the field matches the value of the ticket.

In closing, relax Jet Fans. Keep your expectations in check and this team will never disappoint you.

19. championjets69

Nah you should never/ever accuse someone of doing something that U do not even know It shows really how immature you are when U stoop to name calling. If you want to come someone names be heroic & write to Woody or do a Tweet about RR or Idzik. Actually I think U owe me a apology for what U called me. I should report U to the mods but I know that will do no good with the suinglasses & koolaid mods who monitor this board :sad:

20. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

The '13 season was over the minute that 61?! yard kick tucked itself over the goal post (typical ending for us of course) last night.

You made your post at 10:00am this morning, so I figured you realized that.

It is now 45 seasons since we last one a Super Bowl :mad: