Top 50 Free Agents

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Hasty, Dec 17, 2013.

1. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

Graham would be garbage on this team. Keep in mind hes got Brees throwing to him vs. whatever crap QB the Jets roll out next season.

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

top choice: Decker. I want this guy.

we're going to be looking at every wr, te, and safety

bring slauson back

sign edelfuck to return punts

#22 74, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Would you rather throw money at Decker or Nicks? I see Decker staying in Denver though.

And if it came down to it I would love to throw money at Graham, but he too will likely stay put in NO.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I would love a corner and a wr from that list. Lose Cro and Holmes. Get Edelman and Vontae Davis. Thats a win for me.

5. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Edelman has Brady throwing to him. Before this year he barely had any catches. We don't need him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

No Edelman, no Decker. These guys need to prove they can contribute without two of the best QBs of all time throwing them the rock. I'm not willing to take that chance.

7. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Decker put up good numbers during that Tebow season too so the guy can play and he has a smoking hot wife

8. shelbyblue

shelbyblue Member

Brent Grimes,Emanuel Sanders and Captain Munnerland.

9. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

Bolded are the guys that I would look at.

Player Team Position Age Status
    1. Jimmy Graham NO TE 28
    2. Greg Hardy CAR DE 26
    3. Jairus Byrd BUF S 27 Franchised 2013
    4. Michael Johnson CIN DE 27
    5. Alterraun Verner TEN CB 25
    6. Lamarr Houston OAK DE 27
    7. Aqib Talib NE CB 28
    8. Brian Orakpo WAS LB 28 Franchised 2013
    9. T.J. Ward CLE S 27
    10. Jared Veldheer OAK OT 27
    11. Jay Cutler CHI QB 31
    12. Henry Melton CHI DT 27 Franchised 2013
    13. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie DEN CB 29
    14. Randy Starks MIA DT 30
    15. Dennis Pitta BAL TE 29
    16. Eric Decker DEN WR 27
    17. Hakeem Nicks NYG WR 26
    18. Eugene Monroe BAL OT 27
    19. Brandon Spikes NE LB 26
    20. Golden Tate SEA WR 26
    21. Branden Albert KC OT 29 Franchised 2013
    22. Captain Munnerlyn CAR CB 26
    23. Paul Soliai MIA DT 30
    24. Walter Thurmond SEA CB 26
    25. Linval Joseph NYG DT 25
    26. Zach Strief NO OT 30
    27. Jon Asamoah KC OG 26
    28. Jason Hatcher DAL DT 32
    29. Arthur Jones BAL DE 28
    30. Brent Grimes MIA CB 31
    31. Michael Bennett SEA DE 28
    32. Sam Shields GB CB 26
    33. Justin Tuck NYG DE 31
    34. Jason Worilds PIT LB 26
    35. Alex Mack CLE C 28
    36. Tim Jennings CHI CB 30
    37. Vontae Davis IND CB 26
    38. Anthony Spencer DAL DE 30 Franchised 2013
    39. Donte Whitner SF S 29
    40. Jared Allen MIN DE 32
    41. Matt Slauson CHI OG 28
    42. Maurice Jones-Drew JAC RB 29
    43. Antonio Smith HOU DE 32
    44. Jeremy Maclin PHI WR 26
    45. Brandon Browner SEA CB 30
    46. Austin Howard NUJ OT 27
    47. Clinton McDonald SEA DT 27
    48. Julian Edelman NE WR 28
    49. Ben Tate HOU RB 26
    50. Emmanuel Sanders PIT WR 27

10. Here's a name I haven't heard people mention: Jared Allen

I don't think he's a starter anymore..but you can use him in alot of different sets as a edge rusher. Karl Dunbar is his mentor & I'm sure he'd love to play for Rex.

It'd be nice to get a veteran presence since Reed,Landry,Cro & Harris are likely gone.

We saw something similar w/ Jason Taylor that worked out pretty well considering the price tag.

#30 KurtTheJetsFan, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
  11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Jared Allen? Theres a reson his name hasnt been mentioned He plays DE witch is the strongest position on this team.And why is Cro and Harris likley gone?And who is Lawry?

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I would definitely re-sign Howard. He won't cost too much, is solid, and Tackles are just too critical a position to f around with..

In that vein, i'd like other FA's that fit that mold and don't break the bank.

Worilds and Asomoah certainly would fit that mold, and are positions of need.
    Pitta (if Balt lets him leave) or Pettigrew as well.

IF we were to part ways with Cro, than Verner would be my guy.
    He was very impressive this year, but will also come at a higher price.
    Munnerlyn, Davis, and Shields are also good options at slightly lesser price.

We need to pick up at least 1 WR.
    i like Maclin, and the price will probably be right. Bear in mind, it may take him some time to regain form.
    Tate i also like a lot, and can return punts. I think his price tag will end up too high for my tastes though. If reasonable enough, he'd be a great addition.

Then the toughest question of all....what will we do at QB?
    We'll need some sort of veteran option in FA, or make a trade. I'm watching Cousins next 2 games very closely.

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We need alot more then 1 WR,Kerley will be the only one we keep most likley,The whole WR core needs to be changed we need atleast 3 thru FA

14. He is a different body type & style than Richardson or Wilk. I'm saying use him on a part time basis as an edge rusher. While DE is the Jets strongest position, I don't really consider any those players as "edge rushers"...they are more interior types.

Rex & Dunbar could definitely find a role for him in obvious passing situations. He still has a killer first step & the ability to close.

Lawry=Landry.

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

"Corey Graham BAL CB 28" should be somewhere on that list.

Back in 2010 I remember getting some push back in the Draft boards for wanting the Jets to take Greg Hardy as high as the 2nd round. Now he is considered the best FA available on the defensive side of the ball. It's one thing for want to be draftniks on message boards to not be judges of talent but it's ridiculous for scouts and GMs getting paid millions of dollars to allow a guy this good to last to the 6th round...SMH.

16. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Tate (Golden), Verner, and Asamoah. Byrd would be awesome.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Verner is a top notch CB. I am extremely surprised you are not familiar with him.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think the Jets should primarily focus on the younger players (25-26). I don't see them as being a prime contender for the Lombardi Trophy next season regardless of how they do in FA and the draft, so I see no point in signing an older, more expensive player. That would be a Tanny-type move.

I have bolded the players that I think should be the primary targets and italicized those who are less desirable/or less likely to sign with the Jets for one reason or another.

I'd love to see what Brian Orakpo could do behind our front 7. He could set the sack record. With any improvement at all at CB and S, the Jets could have a great D and possibly create a lot of TOs and sacks. Coming off a major knee injury at 28, however, especially when he's gonna want a buttload of cash, that is probably not the wisest course of action, so I think that Jason Worrilds is the better option if they try to sign and OLB. He's 26, probably won't be as expensive as Orakpo, and not that far behind Orakpo in terms of quality and production.

I left Nicks off because he only plays when he wants to, seems to be slowing down, and is a supposed lockerroom cancer. No thanks.

If Eugene Monroe was younger, I wouldn't be adverse to signing him away from the Ravens, but he's gonna want a BIG contract and at 27, while still fairly young for an OG or even RT, it's getting up there a little for a LT. There's no doubt in my mind that Brick needs to be replaced sooner rather than later, but I think Monroe is just gonna want too much at his age for it to be great value; therefore, I put him on the list of players that I think are desirable, but underlined him to designate that he would probably be the least likely to join the Jets.

T.J. Ward would normally be a guy I'd bold, but many people have said that Cleveland will probably keep him and it would most likely cost the Jets way too much to steal him away from the Browns. If they can get him for a reasonable deal, awesome, but otherwise, I'd like to see them sign James Ihedigbo away from the Ravens.

Dennis Pitta is older than the rest, but I don't think his contract would break the bank, and he's a capable blocker and receiver and it would hurt the Ravens as well. He would be a stopgap at TE for 3-4 seasons. If the Jets are unable to sign him, Brandon Pettigrew would be the backup stopgap TE option.

There are 4-26 year-old CBs on that list (Munnerlyn, Thurmond, Davis, and Shields). Verner is 25 and is probably gonna cost the most. Shields might be the best value. Munnerlyn is a bit of a ball hawk, but also gets beaten more than I'd like. Thurmond hasn't started many games, and I don't know much about him, but since he plays for the Seahawks, he must be pretty good, and might be better depth than some of the guys we already have. I don't remember why Davis went from the Dolphins to the Colts, but is pretty good. I think that outside of Thurmond, any of them would be an excellent addition to the Jets' secondary and be a quality starter, and could possibly be the Jets new #1 CB if they get rid of Cro.

I think the Jets should re-sign Howard unless he gets greedy, but think his position could be upgraded fairly easily.

If the Jets are able to sign 4 of these guys (not counting Howard), I'd like for them to be (in order):

Jon Asamoah
    Golden Tate
    Jason Worrilds
    Sam Shields

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind having these guys on the team (I can dream can't I?:

Player Team Position Age Status
    1. Jimmy Graham NO TE 28
    2. Greg Hardy CAR DE 26
    3. Jairus Byrd BUF S 27 Franchised 2013
    10. Jared Veldheer OAK OT 27
    27. Jon Asamoah KC OG 26
    44. Jeremy Maclin PHI WR 26

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Graham wouldn't be garbage. That's ridiculous. The Saints are not gonna let him go. That and his age are the only reasons not to sign him.