2013 Week 15- NY Jets @ Carolina Panthers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

The only good news is the Panthers passing game is all sorts of bad this season. Contain Newton and run the ball effectively and we have a puncher's chance.

2. The_NYTitan

The_NYTitan Member

Man we win this and it's huge. I wouldnt mind seeing mo pace and coples get 1+ sack a piece in a losing effort.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We are 3-0 against the NFC South this season,Hopefully the trend continues and we Sweep The NFC South

4. mtb1964

mtb1964 New Member

jet / carolina game

anyone know if there is a tailgate party going on next weekend for the jet / carolina game, im heading down there for the game.. Thanks

5. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Anything is possible, but this is the prototypical defense we struggle with. They shut down the run and make the quarterback make quick decisions. I just can't see our offense scoring enough to win, barring some cheap scores off of turnovers. Our defense and special teams have to play lights out for us to have a chance.

6. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I guarantee that we will get the snot smacked right off our faces. When the Jets wake up from the pounding they are going to take it will be AFTER the Cleveland game!!

(there...with the way I've been predicting this year we almost guaranteed to win now!) :rofl:

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

take the under

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I would rather see us win and them all have 0 sacks. There are no moral victories. You play to win the game

9. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I'm going to the game. At least its not totally over, I was worried when we bought the tix.

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I wouldn't wish that one any one, even the smug Barry-Bonilla-of-football, 'Cam' Newton.........still, I wouldn't mind if Quinton Coples fucked him up a little though....

Our offense vs. their defense? Ouch.

11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

except Tammy Brady. I hope she gets hurt every game. Whiny bitch got the refs to give them the win against the Browns.

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

They won eight in a row but were due to come out flat and they did last night. And got beat by a team we defeated. Sometimes and often teams have winning steaks and then lose a few in a row. So let's hope that's the case with the Panthers and the Jets. We hit rock bottom and hopefully we're rebounding. If Geno can play like an NFLer and not a high school Qb then we have a chance. And I like the idea that the team elected to practice on Monday even though Rex gave them the day off. One of the problems I think on the Jets the past 3 weeks was the layoff during the bye week. It took three weeks to get back into playing football. I just hope the defense who was horrible in the 2nd half yesterday can put it together. If not the Jets players will be playing golf in a few weeks with the Giants players.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yeah, that's what I was thinking....... unfortunately we don't have Drew Brees or Marques Colston (still a little bent they let a stud from Hofstra slide on by....) You'd think it would be a bloodbath..... a little 2009 luck would be nice

Any given sunday. :jets:

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

really? that's awesome. Anyone think Rex has lost THIS team? :jets:

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This game reminds me of the game against NO. I gave the Jets no chance. I was dead wrong. Playing in Carolina makes it more difficult, but who knows. Jets always wait to the last minute to bust the fans hopes...so they might win the next 2.

16. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Typical Jets would be beat Carolina and lose to Cleveland

17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I like the idea of the Ryan brothers working together to shut down Newton. I don't think they'll light us up ... But can we score against that defense?

18. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

They will score if Geno get a little bit of time and can throw into the zone with success. Rushing the ball will be tough. Geno will have to use his legs and move the pocket.

Defense or special teams will have to make a big game changing play at some point.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Panthers did not look super sharp last night. They played OK, but never dominated anything. Plus the Saints team that beat them lost to the JETS.

So at worst we're about even.

A few things in our favor:

1-our offense looked semi-competent with the return of Holmes and Kerley. And now they have a game under their belts to build off of with Geno tossing the rock.

2-geno actually played the screen passes really well. This will be handy to have against the aggressive Panther's front 7.

3- having targets like Tone and Kerley that can get open and catch the ball will force the Panthers front 7 and stacked boxes to play back, open up a bit. Maybe enough to get Ivory going (again).

4- something in geno clicked as far as making plays with his legs when no one is open. He was fantastic last week...and this is something he had not taken enough advantage of in he past. Look for more geno around the corner this week.

5- Milliner was the best DB on the field last week. he as to feel pretty good about himself for the first time this year. Maybe he'll play with confidence and actually shut ppl down.

6- our ST blocked a kick and scored points for the first time this season. They're getting better at the right time.

7- Reed is now playing in his 3rd game with the jets, having 2 full weeks of practice. He's getting more comfortable with this teammates and it showed with his INT last week. As Reeds comfort level grows, his play will grow too.

8- geno hitting his receivers or moving the chains with is legs seems to have given the o-line a jump in there step. They seemed to get more focused and energetic as the game when on. Maybe if geno plays better, they will too (it's only human nature)

None of these things in them selves are HUGE but when taken as a group it does show improvement that can win games.

20. ScottishJet

ScottishJet New Member

Panthers are good but they are beatable!

They have only lost in Carolina to the Seahawks but there lost last weeks will hopefully come at a good time for us loosing there 8 or 9 winning streak! am properly just being optimistic after a win against the Raiders but

KeepTheFaith! :jets: