Just to keep things in perspective for those claiming the season is over

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Good post Soxxx....and 'fans' on here who say you can't compare 2009 to 2013 b/c 2009 had the top rated defense AND running game in the NFL.

But it was that 'top D and Run game' that lost 3 in a row and got us to 4-6 and 'out of the playoffs' according to Rex, haha.

But then something fun happened. And maybe it will happen again.

Anyone who shits on their team and throws in the towel while the season is still live is not a fan. Move along.

#61 Footballgod214, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Keep the towel - as a Jet fan you need it when the management and team on the field shit all over the fans. Can't you smell that smell?

3. Fleetwood

Fleetwood Member

All Time: Cleveland (expansion) Houston (expansion) Jacksonville (expansion, but two AFCCG's!) and Detroit have yet to go to the Superbowl. Every other team in the league has gone to the game since SBIII.

4. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

News flash: I's over.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The games are played by teams who aren't in the playoff hunt. The season isn't over even if you're out of the playoff hunt. If you can't enjoy the game, even during a losing season why are you watching?

6. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

the only chance we have is simms - REALLY?

we would be leading the division with sanchez - COME AGAIN?

we drafted 2 busts - ALL OUR 2013 PICKS WERE WORTHLESS EXCEPT RICHARDSON

we are better off tanking the rest of the season - YES

rex should be fired - YES

idzik should be fired - YES

woody should sell the team - YES

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We are still alive, we would have to win out. Unrealistic at this point, but it isnt unrealistic to think we can potentially win 1 in a row?

Ill keep my excitement moderately low but I will be very interested to see the game Sunday. This is practically it, lose and done. Has been done before, still not counting on it, can we pull an 08 Chargers and win our final 4? doubt it but lets go beat the raiders and get a win.

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Three busts you forgot Winters!

9. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

If you look at the rest of the teams in the hunt for the second wildcard its not likely the Jets make it.

SD should win 3 of 4 (Denver game being their only loss since the KC game will be meaningless to KC).

Tennessee.. same, I think they lose to Denver but win the other 3.

Pitt - I think they go 2-2 (losses to GB and Cinn).

Balt - tough call but I think they go 1-3 (losses to Cinn, NE and Detroit).. not sold on Detroit but its a Lions home game so I'll give them that.

Miami - 2-2 (losses to Pitt and NE).

Given this the only way the Jets get in is to win out and I don't see them doing that especially not in Carolina.

If I'm right the game in Miami will determine whether Miami gets in or not so I'm rooting for a Jet win there to keep the fish out of the playoffs.

10. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Yeah, we need 4-0 which is not happening. I'm sort of torn on that last Miami game. Could be helpful for draft positioning to lose. Besides, even if this team tries to win a road game right now, could it? Doubtful. My guess is we'll see a lot of young guys and backups in that Miami game just for evaluation purposes.

11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Fantasy football advice from Rotowire:

Plug-and-Play

You don't want to rely on these D/STs on a weekly basis, but their matchup is too juicy to pass up.

1. Oakland (at NY Jets) – With 10 turnovers and 11 sacks yielded over the last three games, the Jets are arguably the top fantasy matchup for opposing defenses. Oakland is a middle of the pack DST, but the have the tools necessary to take advantage of this matchup. They’re the top Week 14 plug-and-play.

Do you still think we are going to the playoffs this year?

12. Combustible Rextible

We're still alive but I get the negativity. This offense can't score a friggin touchdown which makes it really difficult to challenge for a playoff spot.

13. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

The biggest difference to me is that 2009 was a great team with a bad QB. They had several narrow losses that were very winnable and a couple that absolutely should have been wins with a better QB. 2009 team was 9-7 and probably should have been 11-5 (or better)

2013 is a bad team with a bad QB that snuck out a couple narrow wins it probably should not have. 2013 team will probably finish 6-10 and should have been 4-12.

Nothing wrong in rooting for the team to win out and have a chance, but I think to expect it or be excited about the possibility is lunacy.

14. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

That was definitely the exception not the rule, plus the team was overall much better talent-wise, nearly at every position. Sanchez was a much better QB than Geno Smith has been this miserable stretch too.

I will call it, the Jets playoff hopes are gone for this year. It's a shame a few short weeks ago they controlled their own destiny. I don't think anyone saw this pitiful stretch coming against the Ravens, Buffalo, and Miami after that Saints game.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Our point differential is the most glaring aspect. Even when we at 5-4, we had the HIGHEST point differential of any 5-4 team in the entire history of the NFL. We were being outscored by 62 points yet we were 5-4.

http://www.footballperspective.com/...rst-points-differential-of-any-5-4-team-ever/

I believe after our 3 game losing streak our point differential is now up to 121.

We have scored 189 points, we have given up 310.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Guys, its over. we are so lacking in talent that if we made the playoffs the NFL should cancel wild card weekend. I mean, come on, get real. we only do one thing well and that's stop the run. Even our pass rush from the front 4 has fizzled. We need a lot of new talent and a real HC so just go or watch because you are a true Jet fan and stop wasting your time with playoff scenarios. Its over, buried and goodbye's have been said. RIP 2013 Jets

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well put..

18. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I don't expect it but it sure is a lot more fun to keep some hope alive

19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Yes, because Arizona, Detroit, Philadelphia, Tennessee, San Diego, Buffalo, Minnesota, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Kansas City, Miami and Seattle don't care about their fans either otherwise one of them would have produced a SB winner in the last 37 years.

Of those teams only 2 have actually won a SB like the Jets, overall 20 teams have won zero or one SB like the Jets.

In no way am I saying to be happy with the current situation but the perpetual black cloud you walk around under is getting old like your curmudgeonly self.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

if we pull the upset Sunday we have a great chance. That is a HUGE if obviously but assuming that happens we would need to win our last 2 and hope Bal loses 2 of 3(very possible) and we'd be in.

#80 nyjunc, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013