The "Franchise Quarterback"...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by legler82, Dec 6, 2013.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

yea. just like the Broncos. mediocre all around.

2. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

well no, if geno comes out and plays like he has been so far then no matter who is out there the offense will struggle to move the ball consistently.

we dont really run a full playbook it seems cause he is so terrible at lining up under center

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Eh let's leave Geno in the Geno thread. But if you improve everything, the QB will improve. The decision then becomes if the QB can do this with a slight drop in talent, or they need everything in tip top shape (Alex Smith/Mark Sanchez debate revolved around this)

The tough part of the franchise QB thing, is getting one and then lining up everything around them so it all comes together at the same

4. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

not for nothing sanchez looked like he was gettig this offense in the preseason

sure he made a couple mistakes but he was moving the ball and looked confident. plus he has good footwork and can execute the entire playbook

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That should have happened this year but instead we wasted a 2nd round pick on a project QB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. What Jets currently don't have.
    2. Come-from-behind victory #. W/L ratio
    3. I'd say about 18-20.

But Idzik didn't pick him.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

the broncos are a unique situation. They already had in place a solid defense and several pieces to their offense.....and Tebow.

No one, not even you, thought Peyton Manning after sitting out year and with major neck/nerve damage would light it up the way he has.

Using the Broncos as anything remotely 'common place' is not fair.

Edit: get back to me when they lose that WR that won the playoff game with Tebow and that asshole that sucker sacked Sanchez so they can keep paying Peyton $28M+ a year. Or....imagine the Broncos marching through the playoffs with Peyton Manning on the bench nursing a sore neck.

#47 Footballgod214, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  8. kimi520

kimi520 Banned

Who want to win it. Haha

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

There are a few of us out there that believe this as well. However, I would still hedge my bet by bringing in another FA and/or drafting a QB in addition to restructuring Snachez. My solution to our QB problem would be to throw everything at it and see what sticks rather than banking it all on one player.

I agree that Geno has SO much he needs to work on. It will be interesting to see which of his many deficiencies he improves on next year after having the benefit of a full off-season for the first time. We will get to know a lot about what kind of work ethic then. If I could choose one, I would hope it's his footwork as that would have a positive impact on many of his other issues as well as the playbook.

Not unlike Sanchez, I don't believe Geno is the kind of QB that is a universal fit for all systems. At least at this stage in his development, I don't think the WCO is a good fit. Not sure what Idzik was thinking there; like after MM? Conversely, I've always believe that the WCO was the offense to get the optimum out of Sanchez, whatever that is.

10. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

That is what puzzled me the most, why draft a QB with god awful footwork and didn't deal with progressions in College when you run a WCO? You can see that Marty really handcuffed the offense and made it pretty much exclusively shotgun to comfort Geno but at what cost, now after 12 weeks our offense is predictable and stale and if I can guess some of the plays were running out of certain formations you can bet those highly paid defensive coordinators can do the same.

11. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

It was all of you who wanted Geno to start this season. Even before Sanchez got hurt.

While neither QB could perform well with the talent around them this year (much like last year), it was Sanchez who would have given us the better chance to win.

Team is cursed, so whatever.

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Geno was decent at the start of the season. He's since fallen off the cliff. With Kerley back hopefully he'll end the season on a decent note.

13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

He should be a little better with Kerley back at least. He needs to work on his accuracy though. Still way too many errant passes...