Am I going to Hell?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ralebird, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Dude, just because the past hasn't been that great, doesn't mean our future will be the same. That's just the same ol' pessimistic dark sider viewpoint. Just because many Jets fans haven't tasted a championship in 40+ years, doesn't mean the trend will continue forever. You should never be ashamed of encouraging young Jets fans. Jets could be competitive again as early as next season. 2 years from now sky's the limit.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Fixed! /filler

3. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

no. there is no such thing as hell (as you referenced)

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Your diet is on the very top of my list for Santa.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I wouldn't trade the journey for anything and it will be much more special top us when they do eventually win. we were so damn close in 2009 & 2010, it's going to be so much fun when we do finally break through. I just hope I am alive to see it.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You believe in Heaven, but not Hell?

7. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

You would have done them less damage had you got them hooked on smack.

8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Being a Jet fan builds character in young ones.
    They learn how to deal with disappointment at an early age, something they will have to
    face over and over again in life.

You did them a favor.
    God bless you.

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I could have been a Packers fan like my dad and enjoyed being part of a long, storied fan-base.

I could have been a Steelers fan like every other single member of my family and enjoyed multiple Super Bowls in my lifetime.

Instead I went my own way and became a Jets fan. It is a cruel joke that my parents didn't slap it out of me as a child.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

When the Jets win the SB, you will have given the kids one of their happiest sports moments ever and taught them that anything is possible

11. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I will never forgive my mom and dad, my dad especially for doing this to me.

12. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Those who fail to learn the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them.....

In the Jets case the lesson seems to be that we are simply doomed to make mistakes. So if we learn from this lesson then we will truly understand how fucked we are. If we don't learn from our past I suppose we can go on losing in completely ignorant bliss. Somewhere in the universe the fabric of space-time is being ripped by the Jets... I feel it.

I think I have firmly entered the void of a Jets darksider. Damn!

BTW, if the sky is the limit two years from now then I predict that two years from this date the sky will be falling. If I'm gonna be a darksider then I wanna be good at it damnit!

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

What'd the mother look like?

14. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

My oldest son (10) asked me about 6 months ago if he 'had' to be a Jet fan. As much as my misery needed company, I mustered the fortitude to tell him that I would still feed and cloth him if he was not a Jet fan (provided he did not root 4 other teams that I listed). He chose the Saints. He is free...the boy is free!

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This is me exactly.

My boys are 7 year olds now(twins).

Last year, one of them was Giants fan and the other a Jets. I didn't impose anything on them. They were influenced by their friends at school.

This year one of my boys asked me if it was OK for him to root for Dallas Cowboys? He was a Jets fan a year ago.

I said yes. As long as you don't root for Pats, Dolphins, and Bills you can pick any team you want.

For now a I have a son who is a Giants fan and another one who is a Cowboys fan.

I honestly can't force them to be Jets fans. it will be an eternal sin.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

By the way I feel like I have to add more.

My Jet fan son saw my heartbreak the last 2-3 years and I guess it drew him away from the Jets. Though I never reflect Jets' loses to my kids they somehow sense it.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You should stop kicking the dog anyway.

18. kimi520

kimi520 Banned

Who want to win it. Haha

19. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

My 11 year old son was born 6 months after we moved to North Carolina.
    He has been a Jet fan, watching games with me since he starting playing Pop Warner 3 years ago.
    We are going to the Jets/Panthers game next week, his first ever live NFL game. He has come out and told me that he does not want to wear his Jets gear to the game and wants to root for the Panthers.
    I have been rooting for the Panthers as my 2nd (NFC favorite) since they came into the league, so I obviously told him that would be fine. After all he is a native born Carolinian, so there is nothing tying to the Jets other than me.

The real question is -- who do I root for next week? - Maybe the results of this weeks games will add more Clarity? If the Jets win along with a likely Browns loss, likely Titans loss and a less likely Ravens and Phins losses - I probably need to keep the dream alive. A Jets loss might seal it for this particular matchup though because even if the Panthers lose they get another crack at NO in 2 weeks and can still take the division, unfortunately I like the pain and misery too much to abandon the Jets for good.

20. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

ive often said that with my luck the way ill go is the jets will win the superbowl and ill have a heart attack as they are lifting the trophy