The Rex Ryan Era is Over

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Rex actually may want to leave and say F U!

That'd be a kick in the pants

2. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Where did I or anybody here say that Rex is making "hiring decisions singlehandedly"?

It's fans like you who defend a player, coach, executive to the nth degree that irk me. What "inside information" do you have that Rex doesn't have input on personnel decisions? After some of our signings, as I mentioned above, it would be unwise to infer he doesn't.
    Take a Xanax, tomorrow is another day...

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"Ryan certainly provides input."

You can't read either.

4. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

nooooo rex should stay, if he goes to another team i promise you they will be successful and we will be regretting the day we let him go.

5. RochesterJet

Again, where did I or anybody say Rex is "making hiring decisions singlehandedly"? This was my initial backhanded question to you. The answer, nobody, you made it up and decided to rant about it. " insider information" and whatnot...

That's cool though, I know a kid who has an invisible ferret named skittles.

#265 RochesterJet, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

We all know Rex cant seem to make any decent offensive decisions but now he is hurting the defense by continuing to start Dee Milliner who is the worst CB in football right now when he has replacements who are better in Wilson and Walls and his love affair with Ed Reed has also hurt the team by taking out Allen. Lets see how the Rex fan boys can try to explain that one....

7. 94Abraham

Okay nostradamus...

8. RochesterJet

Well this is logic of a Jets fan, and mind you I don't want the Jets to fire Rex as of right now.

Let's keep this guy out of fear that he may be good with another team. News flash, he's not very good at many aspects that a head coach needs to be. I still think he's an elite coordinator.

9. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

2009 9 -7 lost AFC Champioinship
    2010 11-5 lost AFC Championship game
    2011 8-8
    2012 6-10

That's not a bad record especially for a Jet's head coach.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What is a faret?

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand your wanting to see a D like that. I've wanted the Jets to have a D like that for many years. It would be fun to watch, but not if it means sacrificing the offense to get it and when the team loses more than it wins because its offense perennially is a joke.

Just because Rex is fired doesn't automatically mean we would have a new defense installed. Thurmond or Dunbar might be retained as the DC or the new DC might be a 3-4 devotee. Also, Rex has them playing the 4-3 almost as much as the 3-4. In some ways, switching to a 4-3 might make our D even better. How long has it been since we've had that stud pass-rushing OLB? They're hard to find. It's much easier to find 4-3 DEs to rush the passer and you don't have to guess/project at how them might play standing up versus with a hand in the dirt. It's also much easier to find smaller, fast LBs who can play the run, range sideline to sideline and cover TEs than it is to find that stud pass-rushing OLB. We already have most of the personnel for a 4-3 DL. The only thing lacking would be a faster pass rusher for one of the DE spots.

12. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

Yes of course he should have listened to me.

13. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Base package defenses are barely used anymore in this day and age in the NFL so I could care less about what base defense we run, 3-4 might sound better on paper due to its ability to stop the run but personnel dictates scheme no matter what. The fact is we have 2 average coverage LB's on the roster(Harris, Davis) so we really can't play a 4-3 even though we have the D Line for it(no LBers for it). I expect Harris to be gone after this season(he makes too much money for his production) and the whole LB unit to get blown up sans Demario Davis.

14. 94Abraham

I dont think youll be singing the game tune with a 5-11 record this year (which is very likely).

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I think Geno is being forced down his throat. I think they give him and his staff next season with a stop gap QB and some more weapons to show what they can do. Year two of that defensive front, an improved secondary, and some offensive weapons. He fails you bring in a new coach with a new QB. This is another reason they don't go QB in 2014 draft. If they hire a new coach for 2015 that coach will want his own guy.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If your job is on the line, would you really bench your boss' prized draft choice? You'd be crazy if you did that or saying fck it, I'm outta here. Rex may be a lot of things not all of which are good, but the man ain't crazy. Geno will start the rest of the way period come hell, high water, or both.

17. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

Geno was far from a prized draft pick. He was a guy we expected to go early round 1 that landed to us in round 2 and for the value, it was a good pick. I really doubt Idzik views Geno as anything other than a great value pick.

18. Cman68

would you gamble your job on that?

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it wasn't a gamble for him, if he was here 3 years w/ no playoffs and made a move like that it would be a gamble as he'd be out of a job but year 1 he had no pressure to win right away which is why he took the approach that he did.

20. Cman68

Just want to be clear. I'm saying IF Idzik mandated that Geno plays, Ryan would be reluctant to go against him and of course, would have to toe the company line publicly by saying Geno gives us "the best chance to win". Ryan is already on the verge of year 3 w/o a playoff and a third consecutive losing season. Shaky ground even with the two AFCCG's on his resume from years ago.

#280 Cman68, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013