Jets today are inept almost across the board

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Dec 1, 2013.

1. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

NITPICK ? we are nitpicking from a head full of fleas IMVHO

2. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Exactly... Cro is hurt, Milner is awful. It's hard to be mad at the defense. There on the field all game. Eventually they will start to break down. Forget about points.. The jets can't get first owns. Run, run, pass punt on every series

3. jbiddy4

jbiddy4 Member

Nah bro I had hopes that Geno MIGHT at least be serviceable. He's horrid.

I would kill to have Tannehill on the Jets

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Nick Foles ran the Air Raid at Arizona. 20 TD's and 0 Int's. How does that fit with your statement above?

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I'd say he's more of an exception, with Chip Kelly helping him out.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think Nick Foles is helping Chip Kelly out not the reverse. :)

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Karma is a cast iron bitch isn't she...

Those two penalties that resulted in wins have been more than balanced out by 3 blowouts in a row. Just think, this team most likely should be 3-9 instead of 5-7 which would have made all those empty headed pundits correct.

Do the Jets have one more win in them this season? Right now, I would be hard pressed to say they do..

8. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

We've drafted cornerbacks in the 1st or 2nd round 3 out of the past 6 years, traded the best defensive back in the game and we have arguably the worst secondary in the league. That's a fucking joke, an absolute joke. How do you commit that much of your drafting to the secondary and have this steaming pile of shit (25th in the NFL) where Tannehill is dropping nearly 400 yards on you?

#28 dr.velociraptor, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Jets have massive holes everywhere except DL.

10. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Dang. When it's summed like that, it sounds pretty fucking bad.

11. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I'd like to see us bring in Golden Tate, another FA WR, and then draft a WR in the 1st Round (if the value says so). This still doesnt even address the TE position, but Cumberland - WITH a revamped, talented Receiving corps - isn't a bad start in one Offseason.

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

indeed...supermassive black holes all throughout the offense.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Totally agree with statements 2,3 and 5.100% on the money.
    As for 4....this is what became painfully obvious to me. We have massive holes in every position except the DL and RB. Holes that will require house cleaning, not just a tweak or two.

Yesterday we demonstrated to a very average team how weak we are. We have no QB, no WRs, mediocre and slow TEs, a porous line, no OLB that can keep up with their TEs or outside runs, and fundamentally no secondary worth a damn. May be a bit of an overstatement but not much.
    Recognizing that we HAVE NO OFFENSE, and the D has to spend way too much time on the field, its still hard for me to buy into the concept that the defense is solid. They allow teams to march up and down the field with short passes. Week after week. We are stout against the run especially in the red zone for sure, but we are butt awful against the pass.

14. srains

srains Member

Nitpick? If wanting a competent head coach and a team that cares is nitpicking, then yes, I nitpick.

15. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

This loss hurts more then any loss this year. Not just because its against our most hated rival , but because it exposes a team that has no business even sniffing a winning record or the playoffs this year. I was just telling my Buddy ; as part of our yearly -what went wrong conversation. We had no expectations of a winning season going in . As usual the Jets Won enough Games against some quality teams to make you think they could compete and contend this year . The Defense had us all coming up with tag names by how good they were performing and that carried over from week to week. Well the medication has worn off and the pain has returned, just as it does every year . we are now faced with the same conclusion we had at the beginning of the year . we are a mediocre team that is in a re-building phase.

I just hope they give Simms the same long leash they gave to Gino .

16. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Oh boy. Does anyone else want to break the news to him or should I do it?

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

3-9 would have been better, i don't root for the losses for the draft pick, but if we are sitting at 3-9 and in discussion for the 1 everything is much clearer. not sure how, but we will win 2 more games geno will look good enough to raise hopes and the whole thing will be a muddled mess on what do to at coach and qb next year. the biggest problem this team has had is they never pick the right year to flat out suck

18. The D gets made to look alot worse than it really is b/c we've been programmed to hope for a shutout & dominance from them every single week b/c that's our only chance of winning.

This is still a top 10 defense any way you slice it. They're immature & have holes but you can win alot of games w/ what the Jets already have.

All secondaries give up big passing plays. NFL offenses are too good & skilled nowadays..Well except for our's.

And therein lies the problem. This offense is just putrid. The passing game is non existent. In fact it's worse than non existent b/c it's constantly turning the ball over.

Put an offense on the field that can manufacture even AVERAGE production & consistency.I promise you this defense would look & perform 100% better.

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Don't you dare!

Let him live the dream for another day or two, it's the least we could do.