The Rex Ryan Era is Over

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Dec 1, 2013.

1. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

I think you may need some perspective. Getting a team to play well deep into the playoffs and win big games is what football is all about. It's what a good head coach is all about. Especially when said team is an unbelievable underdog. Because you know what? This team is NOT talented, and has never been "immensely" talented throughout Rex's tenure. He has got the most out of what he has.

You're probably one of those people who said Rex took the team to two consecutive AFCCG because Mangini built a good team. Only, Mangini couldn't coach them to important victories.

I'm not really sure how it's all on Rex to develop every single player. Like it's all on him and players are not responsible for making themselves play well. Btw, he has developed plenty of players. Look at our front seven. That's all because of Rex. Now you need to draft. Team around that core that the other coaches (offense) and Rex can win with. People forget how young and inexperienced this team is.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You can make the talent argument but I don't think the Bills or Miami have more overall talent then we do. They both sure look like they had a plan to attack our D and we had nothing.

3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

5 years of the defensive genius, an we have 2 guys on defense to hold our hats on, Wilkerson an Richardson, pure genius!

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Sad to say but yes its over.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

basically you want to make up a scenario and then discuss it as if it were actually reality. that's great, start your own thread in the bullshit forum for that. in the Jets forum we prefer to actually discuss the Jets, not your fantasy bullshit version of them.

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

No argument here.

7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

The only game you saw the defense play from start to finish, was the Saints game, maybe Rex should pretend he's coaching against Rob Ryan every week

8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I want that toe sucking sum bitch fired like yesterday.

9. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

I've been a fan for about 6 years now. I'm 19 currently, 13 at the time, and most of you have been fans for WAY longer(not an old joke :grin:).

Is this the type of team I'm expected to be a fan for the next 60-70 years of my life...?

lmao

10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Mike Westhoff should be our next HC. He was the only constant during the shitstorms we have had. Give the man his due.

11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Get out now while your still young and have a chance.:grin:

12. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Lmao dudes like 75 years old get the fuck outta here.

13. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I would love to see Westhoff as HC of the New York Jets but, I get the impression he is done with football. He is immensely knowledgeable of the game and would bring a lot to the table.

Rex is done as Jets coach. This is now the second time in the last three seasons the team has quit on him. The tackling has been atrocious, guys are giving up, not prepared, it's just pathetic and sad to watch.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The next coach will need to know how to use Wilkerson, Coples, Richardson and Snacks on defense. How can that be managed? Rex is the only one that knows I believe.

15. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Okay Jet blue I assume my "fantasy" version includes the 4 other years we picked defense over offense. Rex is involved in the decisions, that's what everyone in the organization says. That's reality so don't attack me for having an opinion on a fan message board.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

Rex is the ONLY person that knows how to use them? Please. All 4 are extremely talented, and if kept in a 3-4 will be used properly. Maybe Dennis Thurman stays, Im sure he knows how to use them correctly.

17. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Defense should have changed to a 4-3, Coples is better suited as a 4-3 conventional DE than a OLB. Wilk and Sheldon can play the 3T all day with Snacks coming in to spell them when their tired. Calvin Pace was also orginally a DE coming out of College if I remember correctly. Either way this personnel screams 4-3 base.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If the coaching staff gets gutted, I'm sure Dennis Thurman will not remain on the team. How many times have we seen players gets traded because they did not fit the new coach's defensive scheme? Farrior, Vilma for example.

Also, do not forget that the Jets traditionally use other formations, not just the 3-4.

Running a 4-3 would be good start.

LE - Wilkerson
    DT - Sheldon Richardson
    DT - Quinton Coples
    RE - Calvin Pace (or look for a speed rusher)

19. CreedBratton

CreedBratton New Member

Hell na. Snakcs in the middle and Coples on the outside, if this ever were to happen

20. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Jets, Jets

Coaches come and go. You win with players. The Jets, at the moment, may have the least offensive talent in the league. Schemes don't win games and neither do coaches. That's all talk show nonsense. When the Jets get more talent on the offensive side they will win more games no matter who is the coach.