The Rex Ryan Era is Over

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Dec 1, 2013.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Fans get too emotional and sometimes dont want to understand the whole picture. These are the same people who threaten players lives when the make a mistake.

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Honestly I'm just sick of Rex as a human being as well. SO unaccountable and a baby in a league of men...

3. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

But that's not a reasonable argument. A HC is a manager who should be able to delegate. This also means he needs to be able to hire the best assist managers (coaches) and get the maximum from the elements he has to work with. The problem is that he doesn't do this. On defense he is awesome with almost all aspects of the game. On offense he is lousy to the same extent. That is STRONGLY indicative that he is a DC and not a HC. I said this half way thru his first season and he has improved only marginally in that time.

It is a shame we can't keep him as DC but that just wouldn't work. However, if he succeeds with another team I predict it will be early in his tenure and the team will whither the longer he is there exactly like the Jets have.

4. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

How do you know this? Were you in the draft room or something? Idzik is from Seattle where drafting defense first is commonplace. Remember they hit on a 3rd round QB. The problem with this team is we can't hit on a QB. Never have, looks like we never will. That's the problem. Not Rex.

5. NFL

NFL Active Member

Yeah I wouldn't mind another coach, but I don't see anyone out there that'll come in and have instant success.

I think that getting another HC sets this team back another handful of years. At the end of the day, we can win with Rex as a HC. We need a QB and offensive talent. At least with Rex we have a competitive defense set.

6. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

This is what I don't get about it all. Player personal is not dependent on the HC. Certainly not under REX. so get over this shit about the offense not playing well. How about the Gm produce a stable environment for a QB not a turnover year after year

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

and someone instantly supports me

8. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

Giving Rex a pass for all draft picks that don't work out is a total cop out.

9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

You shouldnt be posting when youre clearly drunk. If you seriously think Rex has no control at all for any of the draft picks then youre on something more then just alcohol. Rex clearly has had some influence on picks throughout the years and things just havent worked out.

10. Mr. Green Pants

Rex was Coach of the Year when we were 5-4. Now, three weeks later, he HAS to go. Ahh, Jet fans, always looking at the big picture.

Last few weeks have exposed the severe lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball, and yet, we can realistically still be a seven win team. Rex coaxes seven wins out of this shit pile of a team, he ain't going anywhere.

11. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Dont argue with it, you wont change its mind. Just know you understand and talk to the people who do as well.

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah he ain't surviving 5-11 or 6-10. So much for the extension talk when we were 5-4.

13. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Do you not see the clear trajectory the team is on since Rex's arrival? Look at the stats if you don't believe me. Watch the games. With some minor blips, the is a clear trajectory that the team as a whole is declining every year Rex is here. You can blame everyone else but the one constant is Ryan.

Fact is this team is starting to remind be of the Pete Carroll Jets. They simply imploded after a decent start. My fear is we hire a new Kotite, but that didn't change the fact that PC had lost the team and probably needed to go. Ryan might become PC, but PC didn't become a really good HC until he bounced around awhile.

#33 Aewhistory, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  14. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Exactly some of the draft picks not nearly all and yes things have not worked out on offense not entirely. So get a grip we need a GM who can pick offensive talent not MT and Idzik (although the jury is still out) Its not Rex get off this nonsense already.

15. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

How is the terrible offense the fault of Rex? We have terrible receivers, absolutely no weapons, a crap offensive line, and no QB who can elevate the team and players around him. We will draft and add to the offense in the offseason obviously. But how is the offense Rex's fault? He's not the GM. He doesn't pick the players, especially offensive players. He doesn't sign FA's or draft anyone. I believe that's on the scouts and the GM.

16. NFL

NFL Active Member

He's shown that he can build a top defense. GMs in this game know that all he needs is a decent QB and he can take the team all the way. Line him up with a good OC that can manage the offense and have success with it, and we'll be watching Rex play in the SB in the next couple years.

Buccs make sense to me because they already have talent on the team, and have a HC on the hot seat.

17. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

Thank you. Common sense and logic. Check it out, Jets fans.

18. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

The pre-snap errors and penalties in general speak to a lack of discipline that is squarely on Rex. The absolute lack of leadership on the offensive side is Rex's responsibility. His expertise is defense, I know, but as head coach he has to do more for the offense than secretly drafting Scotty McKnight because he's Sanchez' pal. He has no excuse for being tone-deaf to what it takes to nurture the offensive side of the ball.

19. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I would do if I was Belichick.

20. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

If this were true, who would be our targets as new HC??