Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure they are better than us- this is a home game and I actually think we get a bounce back game from Geno coupled with a solid run game and I think we win a tight game.

_

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It's different every Sunday. Who beat who doesn't matter. The phins almost lost to the Bucs, and squeaked by a couple other decent teams. We've done the same. It's anybody's game. Jets are at home and have played MUCH better at home than on the road this year, so I think they have a slight edge. The Jets beat the Saints, Patriots & Falcons so bringing up the phins beating good teams is irrelevant. Their oline is in trouble so our D line should feast on them all day. Their defense is a bit scary, though. Geno has to have a turnover free game if we are to win by more than a score.

#982 Barcs, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Their run D is bad. If we win its with the New Orleans game plan. Ivory is banged up though. We might see a lot of touches for Bilal.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This, we beat the Saints, they got blown out by the Saints, what does that mean? Nothing. Only thing that matters is your record.

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Bucs beat the Dolphins. Falcons stink this year too. They haven't won a game since September.

6. Virginia Jet

Virginia Jet Member

I take it you're hoping that the Ravens get roughed up against the Lions---despite the other day, I'm not hopeful for a Detroit victory there. What's Baltimore's bench look like?

7. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The Lions are a much better team than the Ravens. They'll beat them comfortably at home. We need them to split against the Pats and Bengals. If that happens a 9-7 Jets team will be the 6th seed. The problem is, can we get to 9 wins now?

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I went through all the teams schedules the other night. The hardest feat will be for us to get to 9 wins while the other teams just need to get to 8 losses.

Baltimore is 5-6 and has those rough 3 at the end of the season.

Pittsburgh has 7 losses already and still plays: Miami, Cinci, @GBP (Rodgers is back), and Cleveland

San Diego is 5-6 and still plays: Cinci, Gmen, @ Denver, and KC again. 2 Losses there is very possible, but I think they are the team we should worry the most about.

Titans are 5-6 and still have to play: @Indy, @Denver, Arizona, Jax (who beat them already).

Miami.. we need to beat them twice so we eliminate them by just beating them.

9. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Baltimore is at 6-6.

Carry on.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Whoops. 6-6, excuse me. Their last 3 games though are the ones that are going to determine if we have any shot at the playoffs or not. This all assuming we win 4 out of 5 -- which I highly doubt.

11. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Miami has faced some pretty good QB's this year Cam Newton, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan and Andrew Luck. Now they have to go up against the Jets best...Geno Smith.

12. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Assuming we see the same Jets team that beat New England and New Orleans at home over the next 5 weeks, there is no reason this team cannot go 9-7 and sneak into the playoffs. No reason at all.

Now if they play like that have the last 2 weeks, we could very well end up 6-10.

However, I cannot see the latter happening. That isn't the same old jets. They will win against Miami, they will beat Oakland too, and be 7-6. They will still be tied for the 6th seed, but with only 1 or 2 other teams, and the fan base will be re-energized.

Then once we are all siked up again, they will be blown out against Carolina on the road to fall to 7-7. The fan base will be pessimistic again, but as the day unfolds, other things go our way. We are now in a win 2 and we're in scenario.

The Jets will beat the Browns at home to be 8-7 and still in complete control of their destiny. A Dolphins team that has collapsed and is just playing for pride will then find a way to beat us, and our season will end at 8-8 with a middle of the road draft pick.

The pain needs to be dragged out, it's just how our team operates. Here's to hoping we win that final game and sneak in at 9-7. But none the less, I strongly believe we will be 8-7 entering Week 17.

This season as a whole has been in typical SOJ fashion. The fan base has no real expectations, then above average play and a few big upsets gets us into it and believing in our squad, then they crush our hearts with hideous defeats. It won't just end here, no way.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I also believe Jets will be at 8-7 before the final Miami game. It is just a matter of winning in Miami. If we do that, we will make the playoffs at 9-7. Ravens will lose twice and zi am not worried about other teams much.

14. sassquash

sassquash Member

Sad but true. This may be the all time perennial quote about the Jets.

15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

After we lose today, will we still be alive?

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Win out would be the only option.

Looks like 2013 is a wrap.

17. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

18. NewYorkEveryThing

We are done and we will play to knock the fins out also in 2 weeks.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]CJ8cjlEMLR0[/YOUTUBE]

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Even soxxx has packed it in.

All is lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.