TGG.com FFKL 2013 Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by wildthing202, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I'd like to think I'm just buying low and selling high.

2. Organized Chaos

3. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Well Avalanche tried to throw away a game but he'll end up winning which helps me as I now have a 1 game advantage with two weeks to go.

If Cromartie holds on he'll have tied Cattle for the division lead and own the tiebreaker, if he loses then Cattle wins the division title.

MSU keeps pace with Johnny.

Winner of being green/Hellcats either ties or keeps pace with the Boss, who gets a strike.

4. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Three of my four losses I was one of the top four scoring teams of the week, and every one of the losses screwed me on tiebreakers.

Oh well, at least I still have a decent record here (though probably not going to the playoffs now) unlike my other league where I'm also the second highest scoring team overall and somehow lost 7 of 9 to go to 4-7.

5. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I think I have a chance to win this whole thing, my team is all coming together at once and my depth is staying consistent. As long as I make the right decisions lineup wise I could certainly make a push.

6. Organized Chaos

You've made a lot of good moves this year. You've got a lot of depth, I'm not sure what you're going to do come keeper time though. Lots of hard decisions. :)

7. Organized Chaos

Man, I want to make one more big trade before the deadline but I guess I can just wait until the offseason. Most of my guys are hurt.

8. wildthing202

Playoff Standings
    01 The Cromartie Bunch 8-3
    02 Mean Machine 8-3
    03 Johnny ThaJet 7-4
    04 The Boss 6-5
    05 Wyoming Cattle 8-3
    06 New Jersey Swamps 7-4
    -------------------------------------
    07 dDay Blitzers 7-4
    08 Vinny Greenballs 7-4
    09 Avalanche United 5-6
    10 Billionaire Boys Club 5-6
    11 ain't easy being green 5-6
    12 Pocono Mountain MSUJet 5-6
    13 Vegas Hellcats 4-7 - division only

x - clinched playoff spot
    y - clinched division
    z - clinched bye

Most teams still in the chase that we've ever had and no one has clinched a playoff spot yet either at least not officially yet. Not even going to bother figuring out the tiebreakers for this one, let's just say win and you're in.

9. NYJFan10

I don't think win and in is neccesarily true in my case since I lost to each of the top three teams in the Todd division. Even at 9-4 I'd need one of the 8-3 teams (TCB, Cattle) there to lose twice to pass them, or Greenballs to lose once. It'll be an uphill battle regardless but this is no doubt the latest I've been alive in a season.

10. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Especially if Harvin blows up, then id really be in a jam. Although, not the worst kind.

11. Organized Chaos

Yeah those are the "good problems to have". You should have seen me at the start of the season trying to figure out which four scrubs I was going to keep.

12. NYJFan10

What were the odds beforehand on Edelman, Robert Quinn and freaking useless waste Jared Cook combining for 66 points? Ugh, my team picked a bad week for its biggest no-show of the season too.

13. Organized Chaos

Yeah that sucks. Ridley and Cruz really f'ed things up for you. At least you have lamar miller going forward. Looks like Danial Thomas will be out for the year which should be good for Miller.

14. NYJFan10

I only have one real game left unless I win next week and Greenballs lose and I ain't using Miller against the Jets anyway. I only used Ridley this week cause Gio was on a bye. Douglas is pretty much locked in at Flex at this point amazingly enough with Gio my RB. I actually have no lineup decisions at all going forward, which is good and bad.

15. wildthing202

Playoff picture got a lot easier this week as it's almost done thanks to tiebreakers. The only way I don't make the playoffs is I lose and Swamps wins while outscoring me by 40 since I beat him and Greenballs in H2H and they played each other so H2H will count. That's it. Other than that Dday would get bumped out if he loses since he plays Swamps this week.

I believe Greenballs would be the 6th seed if I won and Dday lost due to the H2H win over Swamps who would be 2nd in the Namath due to the recent H2H win over Dday. But I could be wrong if they don't split up teams by division in the tiebreaker then Swamps would get it based on total points since all 3 teams would be 1-1 in H2H.

Everyone else has clinched from either winning their division or being up 2 games with 1 to go.

Playoff seeding

X - 1 The Cromartie Bunch 9-3 (Beat Cattle, DDay, & Mean Machine H2H)
    2 Dday Blitzers 8-4 (Beat Johnny & Mean Machine H2H)
    Y - 3 Johnny ThaJet 8-4 (Lost to Mean Machine H2H, Beat Cromartie H2H)
    Y - 4 The Boss 7-5 (Lost to Johnny & Mean Machine H2H)
    X - 5 Wyoming Cattle 9-3 (Lost to Mean Machine H2H)
    6 Mean Machine 8-4

X - clinched playoff spot
    Y - clinched division title

16. NYJFan10

Yeah the only way Greenballs get in the playoffs is if he wins his game and I beat dday, thus putting it down to both of us for a tiebreaker situation which he'd win. The only way I get in the playoffs is if I beat dday and Greenballs loses their game or I win/you lose and I somehow win the division on a three-way points tiebreaker.

dday beating me obviously eliminates both our teams (Swamps/Greenballs).

#96 NYJFan10, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  17. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

Yea man, going down the wire. I went from 7th to 2nd to possibly out of the playoffs. Big week for fantasy.

18. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

All of this camps me in your corner this weekend.

With a win this weekend, I (Greenballs) have had only 8-5 records since I took over this team (3 years) and I have never made the playoffs.

Something has to give...

Right?!?

#98 McCluneNYJ, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  19. NYJFan10

Hopefully for your sake Hauschka doesn't have a field day tomorrow. I knew I was out when Jeffery went bonkers, but I'd much rather go out at 8-5 and eliminating the champs at least than finish 7-6 and not winning a single division game.

It would be hilarious if I made the playoffs at 6-7 in my other league (though my team is the highest scoring one in that league), after a 4-7 start to boot. All I need is Graham to get like nine points and Wilson/Lynch to get 19 to knock out the two teams in front of me.

#99 NYJFan10, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  20. wildthing202

Looks like I made the playoffs, need 30.1 from Brees to win the division and get the bye also even if he falls short I got all the tiebreakers necessary to get in.