Geno to start vs MIA

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Nov 25, 2013.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

And YES...that is how petty the NFL REALLY is...

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

+1 Long time Rex supporter - jumping off the ship if he can't see that Geno needs to be on the bench at this point.

Nothing bad can come from benching someone who is playing worse than anything we ever saw from Tim Tebow.

He doesn't have jack shit as his starter. Rex is either scared to change QB's or just plain nuts. He's scared to let Geno throw, that's clear as day.

3. Mr. Green Pants

Situation is what it is. In a league with a scarcity of quarterbacks, injuries and our cap situation have severely limited our options.

I have no real attachment to Geno. I will root for whoever is on the field. I just think there's a slightly stronger case for sticking with GS than there is for replacing him. Simple as that.

4. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I honestly think the Jets are gonna keep rolling with Geno until they're entirely convinced he's not the answer at QB. This year is a test-run, if Geno shows flashes they'll draft a pass catcher early, if they don't feel he's the answer then this is a deep QB class and they can take a nice long look at Johnny Football etc.

Rex has shown enough this year to warrant keeping him next year, barring some dreadful team-wide collapse down the stretch (ie. reasons other than the QB position sucking). He's gotten more wins already than ANYBODY had predicted and he's done it with virtually no offensive talent.

5. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Starting Sanchez, long after his play merited benching him, did nothing to improve his
    performance. In fact, you could make the argument that he may have benefitted from
    sitting on the bench and learning. Keeping Geno as the starter isn't likely to help him
    down the road,and based on his recent play, it's certainly not helping the team.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I was just starting to gain new faith in Rex for building our young awsome D line.

But I cant handle this QB love either. Geno is beyond regression. He is not the answer. Rex is an idiot when it comes to starting QBs.

7. BookEndTackles 72&79

This team has greater problems then Geno. The offensive line can't run or pass block. There are ZERO weapons on this offense. This defense continues to get torched on the long ball and Miami has a legit deep threat in Wallace coming to town.

By no means is Geno blameless. Upper echelon to elite QB's can often mask a teams deficiencies. You can't ask for that from Geno or Simms for that matter so changing the QB at this stage accomplishes nothing. Geno has sucked but you can't expect him to raise the level of others around him as a rookie. You can ask for him to not drag the team down with him. You can ask for competent ball security and to keep a drive alive with his feet occasionaly but anything more than that is just gravy at this point.

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

We have muddled through with those problems for a couple seasons now but the Geno problem is the one that seem insurmountable.

9. NewYorkEveryThing

You know Geno going to be partying down their with cro and wilson.

10. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now that shits funny. I'm not even kidding, that made me laugh a lot. Wow.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

AHA!!!! Gotcha!

When people use the word "just" in a context of that sort, it means they have no real basis for thinking or feeling whatever it is that they JUST are doing. JUST a thought in your case.

Well, that's not a very persuasive reason not to find out what Simms could do.

Next!

13. IIMeanDeanII

I think you guys are over-reacting like crazy.

Our offense is terrrrrible. Awful. Atrocious.

...and we have a rookie QB at the controls. It's just the perfect storm in my eyes.

This type of shit happens to rookies. It's part of the game. It's not like Geno was blessed enough to inherit an offense like Luck got.

Come on. Some people need to stop and think man. Geno has shown that he has the tools to be successful, at least let him play it out to the end of the year.

We don't have anyone better and anyone that thinks Simms is a huge upgrade is delusional.

14. IIMeanDeanII

Kinda sounds like he's saying it's his opinion, so take it for what it's worth. There's nothing wrong with that.

You act like you just riddled him right there... Lol

What has Simms done to warrant a start at this point? Had a great pre-season against scrubs and got an irrelevant TD pass during garbage time in the fourth quarter when the game was already out of reach?

If he was ran upgrade over Geno he would've started weeks ago.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I think it is a fair ciriticism to notice in a discussion on the merits when someone else offers as support for his position that he JUST thinks or feels something, and offers nothing else.

Don't you?

I guess you have not been following this question, on these threads or elsewhere. Rather than restating the argument for you, I suggest you read back some pages here and there.

16. mute

mute Well-Known Member

so Rex is doomed then as he cant make a change? Should just fire Rex right now if thats the case.

17. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I hope Smith commits his turn-overs early this week, so we can get Simms in before all hope is lost.

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I think he'll throw 2 TDs. He has to at least throw 1.

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I am in that warm and blissful space that I get to in most Jets seasons where I can pretty much given up on the year and can relax - we play Geno we will almost certainly lose, we don't play him and its the same, we have a mediocre team with loads of holes and a big question mark at the QB position - same old, same old.

Of course this being the Jets we will more than likely win another 3 or 4 games this year and so there will still be questions over whether Geno is the answer and so we will go another year without addressing the issues at QB

20. RexLuvzSnax

RexLuvzSnax Member

As much as I would like to have faith in Simms to come in here and miraculously turn this offense around I just don't see it happening. Too many other issues. Plus, we have invested too many game reps in Geno for us to abandon his "learning" process. I use that term loosely tho because it is being clear he has not learned much.

I just don't think a guy like Simms is gonna come in without much game or even 1st team practice experience, and light the world on fire. There are just too many intricacies to an NFL offense for basically another rookie to come in and make a difference.