Do you bring back Sanchez next year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ben Had, Nov 25, 2013.

1. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Right next to Timmy T LOL

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Much better than Sanchez? Really was it his three games with less than ten completions or was it the third string running back throwing better balls?

3. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Yet in spite of that he's one win away from the whopping 6 wins that corn rows put up last year with much worse team than Sanchez ever had

#123 namath4ever, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  4. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I can actually see Mark coming back after he's released depending on the vet QB market or what we do in the draft.

5. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Only at gunpoint.
    And even then, I'd have to think about taking my chances with a bullet and a good neurosurgeon.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we'd be close to NE if mark was healthy and comfortably in the playoffs.

You talk about crushes and you named yourself after the most overrated player in the history of the game.

If mark only had to win 1 playoff game at home to get to a SB(while 2 better teams played the week before) he would have made multiple by now.

we won more than we have since SB III and how did that "loaded team" do with a HOF QB the year before w/ an easier sched and no Brady to worry about?

the most playoff games in team history by DOUBLE

7. nyjunc

:rofl::rofl: last year's team had half the talent this year's has. CHAZ SCHILENS was starting! Stop embarrassing yourself.

8. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

The only one embarrasing themselves is you with your senseless defense of 6

9. nyjunc

I know what I am talking about so I cannot be embarrassing myself, if you wasn't to see an example check out your posts in this thread.

10. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I'll root for Mark wherever he goes as he has been class his whole time and got somewhat of a raw deal even if like Geno this year, has poured fuel to a wildfire already at times.

We need to bring in some actual playmakers and maybe even a LT if we don't franchise Howard. DBrick going to RT has to get serious thought even if he's getting paid LT money.

If Rex stays as HC, he will beg Idzik to get Watkins who Rex probably has seen quite a bit of in his trip(s) to Clemson. Watkins would be a solid add in round 1 if one of the LTs dont fall.

11. BakerMaker

I'd take Schilens over Stephen Hill, that's how bad it has been for Hill. Holmes has missed a lot of time both years, we have an upgrade at RB but I think Moore>Colon and Slauson>Winters or Vlad though Winters has much more ceiling. DBrick was better last year too than this year so far.

At least Kerley was healthy for most if not all of last year. TEs have been sidelined this year(PED for Winslow, Cumberland missed a game forcing us to use Sudfeld) and last(Keller out for much of the year, Cumberland lost in preseason I believe).

12. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

You never think you're wrong. You must be the smartest man in the world lol. How about this, next year go root for wherever 6 is holding a clipboard or playing on the scout team and leave us Jet fans who want to actually win alone.

Btw you talked about 6 would have been in 2 SB if he only had to win one game to get there. First, after I picked myself off the floor from laughing so hard keep in mind back then to had to actually win your division so with that logic 6 would have never even been in the playoffs one year let alone 2

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I agree with your reasoning behind why Sanchez was put in that game. I don't think Idzik had much to do with it. Rex was trying diminish the boos that would rain down on Sanchez on opening day.

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Did you watch games last year? You're kidding yourself if you think this team we have this year is worse than last season. That's an utter joke. Guys we've picked up off the street (the law firm of Salas and Sudfeld) are 10x better than the guys who should be janitors in high schools (Schillenz, Gates, ).

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

We're going delirious now, losing cognitve recognition of basic communication skills, i.e., past tense/present tense conjucation of verbs.

Will it shatter the thesis? Hell no.

16. Jett Travolta

Jett Travolta Banned

better question.....

do we bring back Geno Smith?

17. BakerMaker

Cutting a 2nd round pick after 1 year when he's on a reasonable contract is fire-worthy so yes.

18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I laid out the blueprint for how to build this team offensively. You really need to check out a draft board to see the numerous QB's we'll be in position to take regardless of where we pick in the 1st round.

19. Jett Travolta

Jett Travolta Banned

the blueprint for what? its not like your the GM

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Starting is not a good way to look at it, the snaps breakdown is more important.

The Jets yesterday had Holmes play 43, Nelson 40, and Salas 39, Hill 26, and Cribbs 9. Technically Hill started, but Nelson and Salas played more than him. Nelson and Salas were not on the team to start the year and were not on any team when we picked them up midseason.

The talent this year and last year is pretty bad. I would give the edge to last year in better offensive talent because the OL played a bit better and more consistently last year and they were able to get Dustin Keller a bit who makes the TE position a better receiver option than what the Jets have had this year.

I need to check how football outsiders creates and uses their formula, but a quick check shows our OL taking a drop dramatically from last year to this year so far. Hopefully the OL can pick it up in the remaining 5 games.