I'm sick of Morons at the QB position

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Nov 24, 2013.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Boy is he trying though.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's an argument for sitting Geno down just to clear his head. The problem is that Rex really wants to keep his job and if he sits Geno and then Simms can't keep things together the Jets are just screwed for December.

The idea of Matt Simms at QB is almost certainly going to be better than the reality. As long as the Jets don't push that button they avoid the "no way out no way out no way out" situation at the end of the season.

3. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

They're in the hunt, it's not inconceivable to win out, not likely but I'm not saying it's out of the realm of possibility.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The running game, Wildcat included, did not look bad. It's just whenever we dropped back to pass.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

In the hunt implies they have a realistic path to the goal. Right now they're operating on a wing and a prayer.

They're a rebuilding team. We all knew this at the start of the season. If they finish with 7 or 8 wins it's a thumb in the eye of all the people who thought they were the worst team in football.

Given what we knew in September that's a win for me.

6. Pavelboca

Pavelboca Active Member

Our running game wasn't allowing us to build momentum. That being said- our playcalling was AWFUL. Why don't we throw quick screens and slants like they give Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and other great quarterbacks? The Ravens kept blitzing today. A couple HB or WR screens would have kept them on their toes, no? We need to make the most out of the pieces we have.

7. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Seriously dude, stop being a Geno homer. Geno hasn't done anything wrong today? Out of the 5 lowest quarterback ratings in games this year Geno holds four of the five spots. He is not an NFL quarterback. Seriously dude he is not an nfl quarterback.

8. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Geno has got some groupies don't he? He hasn't even had double digit completions in over a month....I've never seen so many people get so enamored with at best a very flawed QB.....and it's getting worse...."but the WRs" ..."but the OL".....but but but...it's beyond awful right now....Rex owes it to the other guys playing well (the defense) to make some kind of change.....

9. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Geno is horrendous. We can live with just plain bad, but unfortunately he's off-the-charts bad. I don't expect him to get better, but no sense in making a change at this point. Let the kid play the last 5 games, draft a QB in April and let him compete for the job. Too many QB's in this draft to pass up, when Geno has given us zero evidence that he can play the position at a competent level.

10. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

geno is just an extremely dumb and lazy person with some god given talent throwing a ball

stick a fork in him

11. Pavelboca

Pavelboca Active Member

I don't necessarily disagree with you- but I'm just curious- what QB's this year look more promising than Geno? Had Geno come out this year, this is how I would have ranked the QBs (based on college tape of course)

Bridgewater > Manziel > Geno > Murray > McCarron > Mariota (this guy is so overrated)

Edit: I would think some would put Murray over Geno.

12. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Maybe in college, but you have to look at the big picture. Manziel is waaay too small to be a great nfl QB. Bridewater is overrated beyond belief and he isn't very good. I'd put Murray, McCarron and Mariota above the other 3.

13. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

If Geno plays out the season there is a very good chance he throws 30 INT's. How will that be good for Geno or the Jets?

14. Pavelboca

Pavelboca Active Member

Manziel too small? I don't think that's the primary concern scouts have with him. Regardless, I'm no scout but I completely disagree with everything you said. Manziel is sort of an unknown player with intangibles that make him most likely a fairly high draft pick. Bridgewater has great pocket presence, awareness, and accuracy- and plays in a real offense that requires him to throw downfield. Mariota throws all of his passes behind the line of scrimmage. McCarron is on a stacked team, and Murray hasn't really been too impressive this year but looks like he could be a competent QB.

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I absolutely do not think that Rex's job is on the line, barring a monumental collapse, (we're not there yet are we??).
    Compare Geno from the start of the season to now, there is no spark there at all, none, just a very confused and at times scared looking young man, he HAS to be benched for his own good firstly and the good of the team.

Possibly he could be mentored behind a decent Vet, but who? Who is out there next year?

The 2013 draft IMHO got hijacked when Geno was still there in the 2nd round, I don't think we had any intention of drafting a QB and our eyes were on this years (2014) draft. Hopefully this is still the case.

This team has more going for it than not, the foundations are being put into place and I'm quite happy with the direction we're going. Its not perfect and with this latest loss things right now look bleak but I'm confident that next season we will look like a different team.

16. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily disagree, but look at the play calling for example. It seems to be getting simpler, more run focused, etc. I would bet dollars to doughnuts this is BECAUSE Geno isn't playing well and having trouble with the Offense. So as MM dials it back the offense becomes so simple that opposing defenses zero in and wallop us.

So while I cannot disagree that the jets talent level on oFfense is poor, some of this could be worked around if Geno was playing well. He isn't, so instead of being an asset he is yet another liability. This is where a Manning or Brees's would make a huge difference: those sort of QBs would maximize the talent around them.

that's my $.02.

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Brady has been doing that this year, but we're talking about HOF QBs here

18. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

Anybody who still believes in Geno is just making wishful thinking.

Picture Geno at his best this year. Against a 2 win Falcons defense and a severely depleted Bills secondary. He simply can't get anything done against average or better defenses.

The rest of our offense has serious issues, don't get me wrong, and this is making Geno implode even more, but Geno has honestly shown nothing this season beyond a few flashes in between mistakes.

19. TheGreenCantona

This is Sanchez all over again. Slowly desmantling any kind of offence as the QB cannot be relied upon. In turn making the defence disregard the pass, and allowing them to play aggressive, which makes it impossible for the oline to function, which makes Geno look even worse.
    It starts with the QB, he just needs to find a way to punish over aggressive play.
    Right now the opponent just let him throw and wait for the next mistake, which inevitably will come.

20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

How about doing something like giving Simms his shot? Why do we always have to look for other teams scraps?

Cutler is a moody injury prone little bitch. McCown who was coaching HS football is outshining him.

Give Simms the ball Rex.