Put Simms In

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Nov 24, 2013.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He got burned on the Jones TD, Reed had to come in to help but he looked lost.

Dee's dropped INT was awful. Dee Milliner got saved by drops by Toon that should have been a TD and Milliner got destroyed last week.

2. Mean Green Machine

Mean Green Machine Active Member

He wasn't burned, Reed was suppose to play top and Milliner underneath. Reed was in prime position to pick it but went coo coo.

3. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

When Rex suits up as QB and he is worse that who's on the field, then we can blame Rex.

Players not executing is on them. The play calling on both sides of the ball was very good today. Dee & Reed fucked up on Balt's TD pass but the D was very stout. All the offensive players are offensive. MM's play calling was pretty creative and he keep putting the defibrillator on the offense hoping to get something going. What he should have done is stuck the paddles up Geno's ass.

4. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

On what, his 12 passing attempts the coaching staff dared to give him? If they have no confidence in him, why should we?

19 points is a pretty good defensive performance overall.

5. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Unlike McElroy, Simms has Elite arm talent.

6. BakerMaker

If the coaches don't want to let their starting QB throw so many times in a passing league, then they don't deserve to be coaching in the NFL at this point and time.

7. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

I can't believe anyone can still defend Rex at this point. I like the guy but he's a bad coach. Undisciplined team that commits too many penalties, locker room drama, he cannot make tough decisions like pulling shitty players, etc. The only goos thing about Rex is that his players like him and he's a good defensive coordinator. Thats not a recipe to win a championship. The fact that he refused to bench Sanchez and now refuses to pull Geno is enough for me. Jets need to clean house and move on from Rex.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

8. OverloadBlitz

Geno can't throw 35 times without turning the ball over at least 3 times, this is why they don't trust him to throw.

9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

What do you suppose the reason they don't want Geno throwing the ball is?

10. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This was a stupid statement...LOL!!!!!

11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Don't waste your time stating the obvious., he'll twist it on the OL an WR's

12. BakerMaker

Great rebuttal......LOL!!!!!!

13. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Lol, to say the least

14. OverloadBlitz

Twist it all he wants, 1 TD thrown and 10 picks in last 7 games, these are facts not opinions.

15. BakerMaker

Shit protection that has guys at Geno's face as he snaps the ball and inconsistent WRs who can't get separation or hold onto the ball?

16. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You are welcome!!!! Stupid and illogical statements do not require deep thought process to rebut! :smile:

17. OverloadBlitz

Even when he was protection he throws picks, he's a terrible decision maker, 10 picks last 7 games and I'm not even including his fumbling issues.

18. BakerMaker

It isn't a passing league now? Thats news to me. That's a pretty stupid and illogical statement that doesn't seem deeply thought of but to each's own.

19. BakerMaker

Rookies.....throw picks. People get spoiled with the success rookie stories of late.

If you want to let Smith sit to have him watch the speed of the game, that is fine but I don't get people suddenly thinking Simms makes it work with what he has to work with.

I am not even saying Geno has been good this stretch, he hasn't. I just think it is silly people point the finger solely on Geno the way these posts are coming down.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We all heard the announcers say it. A lot of us have been thinking it. Lets just get it out in the open. Simms ain't gonna start and he ain't gonna play. Why? Because this CS does not want and will not risk a Qb controversy.

Even if Simms gets a series God Forbid, he might be allowed ONE throw and will be reduced to a handoff machine. No way will Rex risk a controversy. Not with his job on the line.

Who gives us the chance to win? Pretty subjective isn't it and always subject to change.