Why I am MORE angry with the Head Coach than Geno for the Bills disaster:

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Nov 19, 2013.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We are only lousy every other week. Our players were good enough to beat the Bills the first game.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I think it was pretty clear on Sunday that two evenly matched teams the Bills had a plan and executed it much better then the Jets did and the Jets had 2 weeks to prepare and had much more on the line.

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

how do you plan for the other team's QB to turn the ball over to you 4 times?

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I think you have that backwards. When you have a bye and you have a QB with a turnover issue you don't take a week off. You work on execution and simplifying the reads. The Jets coaches apparently thought the guys needed to get away for a week.

It looked like Buffalo did some nice things on O to help their rookie QB deal with the Jets D. I think they worked on it.

5. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

The time off is mandated by the CBA.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

So you believe essentially that Rex should control the offense or just step in and change the calls willy nilly whenever he feels like it? He shouldn't trust his coaches? "Hey there MM, looks like they stacked 9 in the box. Why don't you trick them and run it up the middle? They'll never see it coming!" Next play comes and he fumbles due to getting swarmed. Who do you blame?

You also conveniently forget that 3 of Geno's best targets were playing for the first time in a 3-4 weeks, and our best slot receiver was out, so the passing game was obviously not at its best. It's not just on Geno, but he still has to play better and limit those turnovers. It will look better this week. Running the ball while down multiple scores with a stacked box isn't a smart call no matter how you slice it. Just because you don't like Rex is no excuse to blame him for the lack of production and injuries.

That's a silly question and it shows complete lack of knowledge about football. It's never that simple. You can't win with JUST a good running game or JUST a good passing game. You have to switch it up or the defense will adjust and stop you. When you have a choice of Geno with most receivers in single coverage, or running into a stacked box, I'll pick Geno every time. Rookie QBs are going to have struggles. It's not like our oline and backs are like the 2009 Jets that COULD run into a stacked box. We aren't close to that right now, so your first option is off the table. The only real answer to your question is that you try both. But being down multiple scores, the clock becomes an issue and you have to pass more. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

#86 Barcs, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Oh yeah, running on 3rd and 4 is TERRIBLE! Sometimes you have to see what you have. You forget that the Bills secondary was decimated by injuries in our first meeting, and they were healthy for the most part in meeting 2. It's not as simple as, "light up their secondary, since they did it last time". You can't game plan identically for the same team twice, because they will be making multiple adjustments from the previous game.

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

you really think that these are things that they didn't work on at all? do you think that the Jets took more time off over their bye week than most teams do? Under the CBA the bye week must include at least four consecutive days off, including Saturday.

If the Bills have such an amazing set of coaches and incredible game planning skills why have they got a worse record than the Jets? how did we beat them in week 3? you can only do so much as a coach it is ultimately down to the players to perform and they didn't.

#88 JetsUK, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

facts are inadmissible in here

10. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

Without key defensive starters for the Bills playing.....

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yeah but it's much more entertaining to be a sarcastic prick.

Especially if you are really a dickhead Giants fan. Who should take every opportunity to go fuck himself.

_

12. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

ITS MORTINGWING! Rex allows this guy to run his own show. I keep going back and forth on how could this team be that unprepared to play and it boils down to two things. Morty cannot call a game that is Run orientated and work off of that. He throws all the time . I know someone will show a stat that indicates he's balanced between the run and the pass , but its when he chooses to throw that kill's us. It kill's us because Geno doesn't know where to go with the ball after the 1st and second read are not there or should I say ,the 2nd read is where he goes with the ball no matter how may people are covering that receiver. More to Marty being shitty ; he has two great tight ends with great hands and doesn't use them. If I had those two guys they would be part of every pass pay possible.

13. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

If we end the season with 5-6 consecutive losses, all of you well be like, "hmmm hmmm hmmm Rex Ryan's fault!" Then who's fault will it be??

14. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Finally, the Bills played a good game on both sides of the ball.

If it were possible we would have come 3rd last week :wink:

15. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

How did you plan on our team making 20 penalties against the Bills in game one and still winning( due to the QB throwing for 351 yards)? Our whole team came out flat re the Bills in game 2. We deserved to get slapped and did. Its nothing new with the Jets.

16. Kentucky Jet

and who was out for the Jets in game one?

17. Kentucky Jet

Well said BARCS. I do not know if some of these guys will understand what you wrote but you did great! Thank you for being the voice of reason!

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I am not sure what you mean?

my point is that you can only "plan" so far - it needs the players to execute and perform and they quite clearly didnt but you cannot lay the whole of that at the feet of the HC

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

it will be the fault of the team as a whole - whilst some people will be more to blame than others (primarily the QB) - if we lose the next 5-6 games then it will be because of issues from the HC down to the guy holding the ball for kickoffs.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Buffalo had key players missing in the secondary in the first game. Plus I am afraid the two wideouts they played last Sunday are developing into very good players, and will be effective for years to come. In short I think this was a better Buffalo team.

In any event Smith was the main reason the Jets lost, and he has not been good for several weeks now.