How is your patience with these Jets players?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DanR, Nov 19, 2013.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

As most others have been saying, I'm low on Hill. How can someone of his size be such a non-factor week in and week out?

With Milliner, he should be a helluva lot more productive as a #9 pick than he has been.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Stephen Hill:

Reminds me of the Alex VanDyke, Lam Jones, Dedric Ward class of Wr this team seems to draft ever since Wesley Walker back in the day. I just don't hold out hope for this guy mainly because he wasn't exposed to a pro style system in college and right now, not really much good as a decoy either as with any decoy, you have to have some credibility as a potential threat. Right now, teams could cover Stephen Hill with a nose tackle and stand a decent chance of getting away with it. This is his second year and the kid has rarely flashed anything close to living up to what Jet HQ thought was his potential.

Geno Smith:

Certainly isn't RGIII, Cam Newton or any of the "new breed" Qb's that was all the rage coming into the season. The kid looks really, REALLY raw most of the time. So much so, that you'd think he was the starting Qb at Maine instead of WV. If his learning curve ever flatten's out, it will most likely be on his second contract. He should have had a clipboard and a cap on instead of a helmet this year but, given the Jet's stellar reputation for developing Qb's, I'm not really surprised by any of the turmoil that is Geno's first season taking snaps.

Dee Milliner:

People say otherwise, but I just think the pick happened because of the Revis trade. He may have been rated pretty high, but so far, this kid looks almost as raw as Geno. I remember the play where he completely lost track of where the Wr was. Hell, that didn't used to happen playing touch football in the street let alone on a pro level. Right now, I'm not sure who's worse or has the lower upside. Milliner or Wilson? Pick your poison.

Brian Winters:

Another case of a player brought along much too quickly. Would have been better off on the bench playing in garbage time but because Vlad the impaler didn't pan out, got thrown into the deep end of the pool. Couple that with the diminished play of Mangold and Fergurson and the Kid looks marginal and that's being kind.

Patience? Hell, after 44 years, its hard to tell the difference between patience and apathy. When your expectations are so low that nothing surprises nor disgusts you anymore, the line between the two things becomes blurred. I look at the Jets with the same view I look at the Mets. I will believe it when I see proof and not before.

Although I was born and raised in NYC, as far as the Jets are concerned I'm from the show me state.

3. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Hill needs to show something and right away. Otherwise put him on the bench and look into replacing him in free agency.

Geno, hes been thrown into the fire too early I feel. Give him the rest of the year to decide if we need another QB.

Millner. He's the question mark of the bunch. Is he overwhelmed or just underachieving? I think a lot of this has to do with the system that Saban ran at Alabama. He needs more time to adjust to the speed of the NFL game and what his position requires. Give him another year to prove himself.

Winters. IDK. Haven't been paying enough attention to his play.

4. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

1. Hill- Pretty much done. Was hoping that he can be a starting top 2 WR in this league. He didnt need to play like one every game, he just needed to do it more than twice in his first season and a half.

2. Geno - All the patience in the world. I like how his confidence does not seem rattled after he looks like a rookie with some of his boneheaded plays. After ten games, I feel like we have a player and I am pumped to watch him blossom in year three...the year when we are supposed to judge a QB's development.

3. Miliner - All the patience in the world. I hate what he has done this year. He is a joke so far, but you dont judge a career off ten games. He has talent, that was undisputed, we'll find out if we made a mistake down the road. 9th overall should be starting right away in my opinion but you cant win them all. No reason to think he wont be starting and playing better next year.

4. Winters - not a great judge of olinemen . Hes starting and I dont hear his name called during the game for too many bad things. I love where he is at but would defer to someone that looks at the oline closer.

5. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

How can I be down on any of them. They are not getting the proper preparation or coaching. The Bills game showed that.

6. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

People are down on Hill?

Who on the Jets puts fear on another team? You can double Hill and still own the Jets offense.

Not to mention nobody to throw too him.

7. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I have patience with all of them. We have the most invested in Milliner.

Geno- It's still a good value pick. We aren't committed to him. If he doesn't improve down the stretch we can look to upgrade this off season.

Hill- He's a project receiver, always has been. I'm still not giving up hope on him. Next year would probably be make or break for me.

Winters- It can take time with Lineman. He's the newest starter of the group. I'm willing to move forward with him, bring in some competition for training camp next year and hope he beats them out.

Milliner- 9th pick overall. He's the highest overall pick we've had since Sanchez (BUST), and Gholston (BUST). We can't miss with him.

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Winters will be fine. Dee who knows, looks like another Kyle Wilson so far. Hill was a mistake, we shoulda took Alshon but hey he's who we got, he was extremely raw, I have faith he'll pan out. Geno I've seen enough, he's a horrible qb.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

a project that hasn't developed. He was targeted last week and didn't make an impact. He doesn't use his hands to catch the ball, tries to use his body. Doesn't attack the ball after it is thrown and doesn't use his size to box out defenders. I can see why people are losing patience with him. It's why I have him at moderate and the rest as high patience.

10. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

The only player that I don't have patience for is Brian Winters. Although he was drafted in the third round, he was considered NFL-ready and really has not played like it in any game this season.

Hill, I've been a little disappointed in the last few games, but if Geno hits him on the deep ball in the Steelers game and if the bs PI call in the Pats game isn't made, we would be talking about how great of a deep threat he has been. The organization looks at him as a 4-year project to begin with.

Geno is starting to take his rookie lumps, but I still hold high hopes for him. He has all the physical tools and the mind, but he needs the game to slow down for him. Next year will decide where Geno is gonna go for me.

Milliner has dealt with injuries, came to training camp late and is playing the hardest position to adjust to in the NFL. Not to mention he has been left alone in man coverage. He's gonna be a good corner, just needs time.

11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

No need whatsoever to double him, leave another guy in the box and load up against the run.

C'mon, if a bunch of knuckleheads on a message board can see what Hill is about, can you imagine other team's defensive meetings with skilled coordinators watching film on the guy. They're laughing their ass off at him...

12. Mitch_Dumstein

plenty of patience, frankly

the Jets were predicted by all the phony media experts to win 3 games at the most, be the 32nd best team in the NFL and their HC was guaranteed to be fired

All the a holes said so, Peter King, Skip Bayless, Colin Cowturd, Mike Greenberg, Evan Roberts, Boomer, Benigno --- EVERY ONE OF THE JACKASSES

after 10 games with a rookie QB

5-5

in the wildcard hunt

40 million available under the cap in the offseason

12 draft picks in May

and our prime competitor will be starting next season with a 37 year old QB who is clearly on roughly the 17th hole of the back nine

THE GOOD TIMES ARE JUST BEGINNING for the New York Jets