Jets go To Dave n Busters

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Nov 17, 2013.

1. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Geno completed 2 decent passes today. Right after that TD, they D goes 3 and out, punt is shanked, Jets have a chance...Smith sucks and they punt. Guy was useless today -- I would have pulled him at the half and made a statement that no player is about getting yanked for being miserable.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

So the Jets offense didn't look defeated to start the 2nd half, they actually came out and scored 7 points, got it.

I think you might have a typo in your post, the punt was shanked and the Jets scored 7 after. Then it was Bills 3 and out, Jets 3 and out, Bills two plays for a TD.

3. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Ding ding ding.

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

All freaking week we are going to have to listen to this crap. Not how bad Dee Milliner is. Not how bad Cro was. Not how bad the o-line was. Not how Geno made bad decisions.

We'll just hear some retarded BS about Dave & Busters.

5. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Apparently the Jets never left Dave and Busters. I wonder who those impostors were on the field today?

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Could you imagine Sanchez and Geno playing Wack A Mole .Its not the problem that they went to the arcade, the problem i have with this is they canceled the offensive and defensive meetings to do so.You wouldnt see most coaches being that content with things to cancel parts of the preperation process to go play video games.They had a week off to go to stupid arcades

#46 LongIslandBlitz, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Sounds like a title for a horror that was the jets game today.

8. Mean Green Machine

Mean Green Machine Active Member

My sentiments exactly.

9. Virginia Jet

Virginia Jet Member

That's as good an explanation as any.

Like others, I don't mind that they went to D&B; I mind that they got pummeled and that this side trip will probably be the media focus. Let's hope the people on the payroll do a more thorough analysis.

NB: I couldn't care less if the Bills used this as bulletin board material. Anything counts as good bulletin board material if you know what you're doing, so a coach might as well do what he thinks works best for his team. Clearly, Ryan thought a trip to D&B was warranted and meetings weren't necessary. Well, we see now that something in the run-up went wrong.

10. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

Biggest non story ever. 2 weeks to prepare and they still had the team meeting. Anyone who thinks this led to the loss is out of their minds.

We should be mad at the seeming lack of preparation come gametime, but don't blame this BS.

#50 Bob Robbins, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I guess it was a really horrible idea.

12. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

Has anyone ever asked a professional athlete if this "bulletin board" material actually means anything to them? Like did they practice and game plan all week, but weren't really THAT motivated for the game until some reporter points out some alleged "disrespect" by the other team, and then suddenly it's as if Knute Rockne himself has come down from the heavens to give them a pregame speech and now they're motivated to play. It seems like BS

13. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

I'm no professional athlete, but I do study human motivations for fighting. That said, I'd think this sort of BB material would be a small, "hey, wtf?" sorta attitude booster and give your opponent a wee bit of juice at the start of the game. Sort of a "we will show them" sorta thing. After those first few plays/minutes, this is forgotten. Why it matter at all is those first few minutes. Do they come out, get the drop, and dominate the rest of the game like yesterday? Or do we handle them and the game goes on? Most of the time it is the latter, but when it is the former it is easy to ascribe the poor start to The motivation of BB material or poor preparation. That's my $.02.

14. feldspar

feldspar Member

Terrell Davis had an interesting take on this excursion to Dave 'n Busters on NFL AM this morning. He was saying that different players have different ways to prepare for games the night before. To paraphrase, he suggested that a "mandatory" team event like this could disrupt a lot of these players' routines or personal pre-game rituals. Like you gotta go to Dave 'n Busters because the whole team is. I think he should know, and there probably was the element involved for at least a portion of the players. I would think this was a distraction and disruption for some of the players.

15. cwilson21

cwilson21 New Member

I don't know if it motivated the team more or not, but it sure got some of us Bills fans riled up!

16. feldspar

feldspar Member

Why? I don't understand that line of thinking at all. Dunno how that ever could be construed as bulletin-board material. The team went out, so what? How would anyone be insulted by that? Are you projecting that the Jets didn't take the Bills seriously and disrespected them somehow? I don't see it. I can see how it might have been a bad idea, but I don't see how it can be construed as a diss.

17. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Except that this game was not a first for us, we've been blown out @TEN and @CIN. Were last in the league in turnover differential, its a miracle were 5-5 to be honest.

18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I've been seeing a big deal being made out of this Dave and Busters nonsense on twitter and to be honest I think its a huge overreaction and a reach by many to say its a big deal. We did not lose the game against the Bills because Rex took the team to Dave and Busters. We got our asses kicked because we sucked. Geno couldn't do shit yesterday, our offensive line was garbage, and our secondary is the worst I've seen it in awhile. That's why we lost.

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The reasons you mentioned why he probably shoudln't have done it but if the team shows up and wins as they should have it's a non story.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

2 Dave and Busters and 3 Chuck E Cheeses in the Baltimore Area... We're screwed Jets fans.