You Again Today Saw....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Nov 17, 2013.

1. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Bills played with who catching the ball? Their #1 and #2 were out - CBS referred to them as Kiddie-core -- yet Manuel was able to make plays.

Simms came in and made more plays than Smith did.

I am tired of the excuse of talent -- oh he has no talent. Sanchez had worse talent last year, a lousy running game, a worse offensive line, and Tony Spoarano as the OC and made some plays.

At some point you have to stop using excuses and say the the QB has to make some plays. He can't throw every out route 10 yards over the receivers head. The reason Geno is pressured is because he can't even complete a screen pass to keep the defense honest.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Who the fuck thinks this is a playoff team?

3. 85inthehall

Someone needs the 6 seed -- so right now the NFL says the Jets are a playoff team.

4. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

That kind of plays to my point - the penalty in the key situation (as well as the shear amount of "unforced" errors) points to an undisciplined team and POOR COACHING. I don't know what other conclusion you can draw.

5. Mean Green Machine

Mean Green Machine Active Member

Rex has mental lapses from time to time but any points from this offense is a plus.

People really do not see how bad our offensive talent is. Our offense has nothing to lean on when it isn't clicking. We have no playmaker. Our offensive line is patch work. Our running backs are north and south slow runners. Our QB is an inaccurate rookie. Our Receivers(Minus Kerley) are unreliable.

Marty Mornhinweg runs the West Coast offense and our offense doesn't fit the mold at all.

West Coast Offense Needs:
    Accurate QB that can make quick decisions [x]
    Receivers that run precise Routes [x]
    Receivers with good hands that can catch in traffic [x]
    Quick and fast RB's that can catch [x]
    Zone Read Offensive Line [x]

The only players on the team that fit a WCO style are Santonio, Goodson and Kerley. Mornhenwig was bought here to revamp this offense. It will definitely take time.

This offseason we could make a unit that fits the scheme.
    Dream situation

QB: Draft Mariotta(Pipe Dream) if not then draft Derek Carr
    RB: Draft De'Anthony Thomas, Sign Darren Mcfadden
    WR: Sign Mario Manningham, Denario Alexander and draft Jarvis Landry
    TE: Draft Eric Ebron and sign Greg Olsen

That group is a perfect fit for a WCO and very realistic(minus Mariotta) to put together.
    Our offense needs to put our defense in better position. This years draft is filled players that fit Mornhinweg offense. Just hope we don't dump all of our picks on defense again.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

So 5-7 other coaches should be fired because their teams can't win consistently as well?

7. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

What's his record following losses?

8. 85inthehall

I don't think Rex should be fired. Rex has put a team on the field with a useless QB and has them in the playoffs so far. I like Rex...he makes some idiot decisions but guys play hard for him and his defense will keep improving.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah that's where I'm at too. This staff is making chicken soup out of chicken shit if you ask me. If they finish 7-9 it's been an impressive job. We need several new starters on offense to compete consistently. Those that think David Nelson and S Hill are long term answers are confused imo.

I don't know what to make of Geno Smith but he has some bad habits for sure.

10. 85inthehall

I think Hill with the right QB becomes a legit threat but Geno never looks his way. David Nelson has been a nice fill in -- guy would be a nice 4 or 5 receiver.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The GM should go before Rex,

12. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Ok? What the fuck does that matter in regards to Rex Ryan keeping his job?

News flash.

Rex Ryan has an overall coaching record above .500. He's a winning head coach for the New York Jets.

Does that not factor in for you? Or are you typically the over reacting type?

13. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I don't know how you hang this one on Rex! Marty-f-ing-wig just flat out sucks. The O line got pushed around all day and Geno just doesn't know where to go with the ball. Loosing is one thing , but the way we loose is so telling in how poorly these guys are prepared to play.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

LOL. It's always "fire Rex" after every loss, and "extend Rex" after every loss. Step away from the ledge dude.

15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I wonder if this team has the same problem the fans do. Get way too high and believe their own hype after a win,then get down and desperate after a loss. That would explain the alternating weeks of success/failure

16. 74

74 Well-Known Member

agree with your point but that's a horrible list. mariota won't last to our pick. the only other guy on there I like is Ebron. If we sign McFadden I'll slit my wrists.

#76 74, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  17. rsmehta

rsmehta Active Member

How about some positives,

1.8 yd/carry on 38 carries.

18. rsmehta

rsmehta Active Member

Losing badly turnover margin

And

Getting beat badly on vertical routes

seem to be common themes on every one of our losses.

-----------------

I feeling that even if we are avg on the above two areas, we are a top 10 football team.

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

This for me is the joke about the NFL when it comes to coaches – over the last few years since the changes were made to the game pretty much every well respected coach (Reid being the exception this season) has a top tier QB at his disposal – whaddaya know – if you have a really good QB then your team automatically is competitive and you look great – when you don’t have a good QB then your team tends to suck and you are a bad coach – give Schiano Manning or Brees or Brady and he would look fantastic – give Geno to Bellickech or Payton and they would look poor - coaches get way too much credit when the team does well and way too much blame when the team does badly – the overreactions to the coaching are ridiculous

20. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Amen Brother ... At this point in the season, we are still, not only in the playoff hunt, but if the playoffs were to start today, we would be in ... I was expecting 5-6 wins at the very best, but somehow we are still in the running ...

IMHO we should extend him, he absolutely deserves at least another 4 yrs ...