Ed Reed is a JET

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thatisjetsfootball, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

i haven't been this excited for an FA acquisition since LT.

3. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

I swear man every where people are saying Reed is great player coach and a great lockerroom leader yet people keep making him out to be a whiny bitch.

4. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Says who, you? Tell us again how Geno "Box of Rocks" Smith, or "that foot fucking scumbag" Rex Ryan. You've been nothing but an annoying darksider since you started posting here and no one should take any stock in what you say.

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

There a few few of us on here.

I went to Grad school there from 2003-2005. I just missed Reed and the dynasty years.

Now if the Jets sign Devin Hester........

6. pcmodem

pcmodem Member

I'm so happy with this pickup, even if he doesn't make a major contribution on the field I feel like he will be of help to the young guys off it.

Anyone know how much we're on the hook for for him?

7. NFL

NFL Active Member

For 2 maybe 3 months of Ed Reed? Na I don't think it's going to happen.

8. Lon Chaney

LMAO that Reed is a malcontent.

Haters gone hate.....

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

no, we must make judgements now.

10. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

This pickup is an OBVIOUS win win. Anyone who says this is a terrible pickup is clueless! If he comes here and gets 0 tackles 0 picks it literally doesn't matter! We did not give up any young upstarts like Antonio Allen and adding depth like Ed reed even at his injury riddled old ass age is still better than Jaquan Jarrett! Plus his mentorship and leadership ability may be able to help our young guys like Allen and milliner become better all around players...not to mention he is playing with us for shackles...there is no long term commitment on him...this is not a guarantee playoff signing and we are still the jets so we are bound to fuck up at some point but this move doesn't hurt us whatsoever! Anyone hating on this move better stfu if he ever does make a big play that impacts us positively in a game...good move by Rex and idzik bringing him in! He's not here to replace anyone he's here for depth and to be used in special packages

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Jets ranked worst team in the NFL preseason by everyone....

[​IMG]

come at me bro

12. pisano24

pisano24 Member

This signing is HORRIBLE!! I live in Houston where he has been playing and they ran him out of town because of how bad he's become. Too injured to play most of the time, and when he does play he is injured and is baaaaad. Let's hope he is playing for the minimum and is just there to spell other players.

13. Lon Chaney

BTW, the Jets now have employed both Miami players who took part in the famous 98 yard interception return for a TD in 2001 against BC.

Without looking, who was the guy who actually made the interception before Reed stripped it from him at 20 and took it to the house to preserve the undefeated season?

14. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Yeah cuz defense systems dont matter , last feb ed reed played a hell of a superbowl now he is trash? cammon.

15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Reed wasn't a malcontent in Baltimore. Things just didn't work out in Houston. They thought they were getting THE Ed Reed, and when their season went to Hell, Houston needed a scapegoat. I can understand why Reed wouldn't react well to that accusation.

Clearly he's not the dominant player he once was, but even if he doesn't give us much on the field, he can provide leadership and experience in the film room, in meetings, and on the sidelines. I also believe that a reunion with Rex means Reed will give us whatever he has.

There will be no long term deal - at best he is playing for a contract for next year. IMO, this was a really good pick up and I'm looking forward to seeing what he has left in the tank.

16. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

Welcome ODDB!

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Its all about the system...Remember before Charles Woodson got to the Packers he had lost his step and them went bonkers when he arrived to Green bay

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Look at LT also.

He signed here and everyone thought he was washed up. Guy ran like a monster again.

19. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I agree with those saying this is a good low-risk signing. How can it be bad in any way? Off the field he can help our young D learn and grow. On the field, it is a win if we can get any good ball hawk play from him, whatever he has left. Rex will get the most out of him and it is clear that he will give it his all for Rex as well. This can turn out to be a key pickup if this playoff push is serious.

20. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Even if he is average..its a great move..no brainer..great move. He is taking away from the young guys I read? This team is 5-4 and entering into the softer part of their schedule in a year that many thought was a rebuild.

So what do you do? You go for it. It will not hamper the growth of any young guys and I wouldnt call Landry a work in progress.

He is finished? So he teaches and just puts fear and thought into the mind of a qb going back to pass.

He has another 2-4 interceptions in him? Brilliant move.

Just being back there will make the DB's better. What a great move. The rest of the schedule has not one qb we are facing going to Canton....Ed Reed should be able to deliver even if he is 75% the player he used to be.