Thor... Good weekend entertainment

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It won't win any Oscars, but it was a good way to spend a few hours on an early Sunday afternoon. Me and Mrs. C went to see it at a 1:30pm matinee and it was alright. Not great, but better than the first one by a long shot.

Plot was based not on earth but Asgard, and the earth shot were mainly done in Jolly ole England. London mostly as were most of the actors in the movie. Not too heavy on the CG but there was enough to remind you that this is a fantasy movie after all. Wifey of course, loved the eye candy that Thor provided so there you go guys. Take your girl and let her drool.

Loki stole this one too. His character is just what a Super Hero needs. A arch nemesis to constantly challenge him. The other bad guy wasn't bad, but he was pretty much one dimensional.

I'm gonna stop here due to the Spoiler factor but I would recommend "Thor" to anyone that wants to just sit and enjoy a superhero movie.

Cman out..

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

"Heavy on the CG"? esplain. Does this have something to do with hot Norse broads?

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Did you stay for the end credits scene? came right after the artwork credits and then there is one all the way at the end another scene.
    If you missed it, then I am sure you can track it on youtube.

The movie was good, a nice time at the movies...Better then the first movie. Loki is such a good character and I like what they did with him here...He is Thor's big rival.

I think the villain had great potential but Marvel screwed the pooch with him in the latter half of the movie. I also found Jane (Natalie Portman) again as a terrible character.

Some things need to tidied up and the story can finish with a third film

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't get the hate for the first one. It was good. The Dark World is okay, but not near as good as the first one. Too much is wrong with it. Loki is amazing, but not in it enough, everyone else was not used well. Odin was bad, Jane was bad, Thor barely did anything, still, I agree its a fun movie. I had a good time. I just wish it was done better.

5. Drew

Drew Active Member

It was fun mindless entertainment. I like the humor of the Thor movies, works really well.

That said, I prefer the first one.

My favorite Marvel movies in order..

1. The Avengers
    2. Thor
    3. Iron Man

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

never seen the avengers, maybe I'll put that on the list

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the first one is simply boring. typical fish out of water story, with nothing really clever about it. it was aimed squarely at the audience that was already a Thor fan and thus cared about the characters because they have been dying to see them in live action to begin with, but the film does nothing to make you care beyond that.

and our planet never seemed to be in any real danger or a real threat being posed.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

9. Cman68

Poe, after lasting thru what seemed like an endless list of credits, I did see the bonus clip. I was hoping for something a bit more revealing storywise.

You're right about Jane Foster. She's starting to remind me of Sally Fields. For the most part, she's just an unlikely love interest. I'd be all over Lady Sif but that's my taste.

The main villain was so generic that during his entire rampage, I found myself waiting for Thor to put the beatdown on him. I've always felt that you need a great villain, to make a great hero.

I would honestly say that Loki stole this movie from both Thor and the Dark Elf. His character perhaps was the most developed and fleshed out of the lot of them.

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I liked it as did my girlfriend. Snagged an Ender's Game poster that was lying around while I was there.

Just not a fan of what they did to some of the characters.

11. Cman68

I'll take Lady Sif over Jane Foster all day long and on Sundays.. :up:

12. Virginia Jet

Virginia Jet Member

I came out of that movie liking that character more than any other and I agree that Hiddleston pretty much stole every scene he was in. On the other hand, those of you arguing about Sif v. Foster are, happily, wrong. Darcy's where it's at.

13. akibud

akibud Active Member

I did enjoy this movie much, much more than the first one. I thought the first one was boring as well. My only complaint with this one,was how all the fight scenes on earth seemed like at any moment, I should see the rest of the Avengers soaring in to join the fight. Maybe not Captain so much since this went down in England.

14. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

This movie was a big pile of shit. Natalie Portman touches some smoke and ... SPOILER

Thor's mom and brother (so you think at this point) dies and he dont' even care.. movie sucks guys.