Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Also disagree with wanting the Bengals. Ravens are 3-5, we also play them. Who knows how the rest of the season will play out and we might need to be ahead of the Bengals for a higher seed (if we win the division).

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Bengals beat us head to head giving them the direct tiebreaker, so they effectively have a two game lead over us. While we do get to play BAL, it's probably in our best interest that BAL not hang around and be close to us.

In the end, this game is a toss up. It's too early to call really. We would rather see BAL in the WC race than CIN though since CIN has the H2H. I would lean towards wanting CIN to win, but not it being terrible if BAL wins. Either works as of now

3. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

This. It's also the same reason that everyone should want the Steelers to beat the Bills. You don't want either one of those teams hanging around later in the season when wildcard implications come into pay, but at this point in the season, its better for the Steelers to win so that they and the Bills only have 3 wins heading into week 11.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Jet math at its finest

5. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

My take on it is that it's probably too soon to really start worrying a ton about the playoffs. At 5-4, it could go either way, depending mostly on how the Jets play.

6. MParty7441

I don't get the hanging around part. If we beat the Ravens, they are done anyway.

7. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

wouldn't we want the Bengal's to loose?? Baltimore is depleted and struggling this year. A conference loss and a division loss , plus we have the beat the Ravens later in the schedule.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Ravens beat the Bengals and then beat us it will be very hard to get that wild card away from them. If they lose to the Bengals and then beat us, well gravity is tugging on them hard at that point with 6 losses through 11 games.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Look why are U making things so complex? We hold our own destiny in our hands believe it or not. All we have do is win out & SD & TN lose 1 game each & WE ARE IN. It is really that simple. If U do not believe me check the standings & figure it out your self :sad:

10. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

They're figuring on the realistic, us to not win out...

It's a bye week, there's not much else to discuss.

11. MParty7441

I agree with this. However, and I wouldn't expect anyone to do this, but I just quickly looked up the Ravens remaining sched...it is very difficult. They have three really difficult road games left.

12. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

The Jets are 5-4 and trying to get healthy, not 7-4 and beating their opponents into the ground ...... this is the most bi polar fan base I've been
    a part of.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Why would you want the Bengals to lose? unless they choke the division and we win the AFC east there wont be any tiebreaker implication.

To me I want as many potential wild card teams to be removed as quickly as possible. Ravens would be considerably knocked out if they lose Sunday. Ideally you want the least amount of teams as possible. You can say the Ravens are done but if they get to 4-5 they are not done, they are 1 game behind us. Hopefully it becomes a 3 team race between the Jets, Titans, Dolphins/Chargers (not sure who steps up, more likely Phins but who really knows tbh, Chargers have a brutal schedule)

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My warped rooting strategy for the playoffs

1- Jets to win out would be nice but unrealistic....therefore
    2- Root for the projected AFC Division winners to continue winning when playing AFC wild card contenders...and
    3- Root for all wild card potential contenders to be eliminated ASAP

So against any AFC contender we should root for Denver unless playing KC, always root for KC when playing AFC teams, likewise root for Cinci against AFC unless playing KC, and root against NE no matter what, just because its NE.

Bye week can be fun when you are in the hunt

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If our D plays every game like the 2nd half vs NO then we should win out the rest of the schedule as for sure SD & TN will both lose one along the way to season end. I am realistic as well since the NYJs in essence control there own destiny to either make it to the dance or fall by the wayside :sad:

#295 championjets69, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

This team feels a ton like the 2009 team in my opinion, except with a dominating front line instead of a dominating secondary. If Geno can avoid the turnovers that Sanchez couldn't, they could definitely make a splash.

17. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Lol, isn't that the truth, I've seen some that believe we will finish 12-4!!
    But don't worry, if we lose to the Bills next week, it will be back to, Idzik sucks, fire Rex....clean house, Jets fans have got to be the most delusional

18. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Why not just say this at the beginning of the season? We control our own destiny! Just win every game! Simple!

By your logic, I can be president in 2016. All I have to do is get everyone to vote for me.

19. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I just love the fact this thread exists. Very few of us would have had us at no. 6. I don't know how this will pan out, but I'm enjoying the ride. The last three weeks especially have been mad.

I'll ride this pony til it collapses...then I'll ride next years...what else can you do?

20. Virginia Jet

Virginia Jet Member

This is a good plan, balancing reality with hope. I'll take it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.