Bye-week blues- Firman Ed must return

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Nov 7, 2013.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

What happened to the horrible idea that each section says 1 letter? Did they already give up on that? :lol:

2. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Aww don't go all fireman Ed and come back when we're 5-4 but plead for a ban you know won't be enforced so you have plausible deniability when you change your mind later. That would be turdish.

Btw if the drumline makes the stadium louder it's just because they fucking suck so much. It's a bunch of tanning bed pretty boys in aviators with shit eating grins on their faces no matter what because they're thinking to themselves holy shit I have a job! And I'm on t.v doing my gay little paradiddles! Same fucking expression when we were getting wiped out by the Steelers I want to punch them whenever they come on. That said people need to save up their screaming for when it counts with the offense lining up so maybe it's for the best the J E T S chant goes the way of the dodo along with Ed's influence.

3. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

1st, Fireman Ed was ONLY a Dolphag fan as a kid then becoming a JET-FANtastic sometime around '74-'75 after his brother got season tkts to Jet's games.
    Tho' he was not the originator of the J-E-T-S chant, (the 1st was retired NYPD officer Donnie Shaefer who started the chant @ Shea Stadium & the other being former NY fireman Larry Mack, whose M.O. was wearing a green wig/ sweatpants & would moon the crowd after the chant (Jet security ended that after awhile). Fireman Ed picked up the chant afterwards wearing a "Bruce Harper#42" jersey than switched to a "Sanchez#6" jersey sometime in 2010 to show the qb some support.
    Ed had to deal with several confrontations involving "jet-fans?" during the early part of the 2012, "FAIL" of season for his support for Sanchez. He finally called it quits after being brutally ragged on/verbally abused relentlessly by so-called "jet fans?" during the Sanchez, "butt-fumble" game against the Pats . He did NOT deserve such treatment nor did he "QUIT" as a JET-FANtastic. He simply could not take anymore of the negative "sh#t-uations" these "jet-fans?" put on him.
    Ed worked out of my old' hood in Harlem on 143rd street for 20 years (Eng 69). I 1st saw him working a car fire back in '89 & hi'-5'vd him twice @ the Meadowlands in 97 & 98 during Jet victories. Now that ain't sayin much, but I saw a dude who was as INSANE about the Jets as I am! Say what you want about Fireman Ed, but the man did ALL he could do to lite the FIRE of the JET-collective.
    Hope dude comes back less the B.S. heaped on him.

4. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Nobody thinks that Sanchez was more worthless then dog shit then me, but Fireman Ed and any other Jet fan still should have the right to wear his jersey and root for him(or any other Jet) without taking abuse. I personally enjoyed his chant leading and it definitely brought an energy to the stadium that is lacking now.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Bring back Larry Mack!

6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hey Biz, glad to see you are back.

Having said that, you are Bat Shit crazy on your Fireman Ed lunacy.

Score some Xanax dude.

_

7. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Have you actually watched the past couple home games? The only home game in the past 10 years that was louder is Patriots '09 which was still in the old smaller/louder stadium. The question is to what extent that has to do with Fireman Ed being gone and I don't really know the answer for sure. The team has been surprisingly good which definitely is the main reason for the energy, for myself and seemingly most other Jets fans we've gotten together and saved up all the shouting for when the QB is at the line calling out reads which has caused more 12th man assists than I can remember.

8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

That's perfectly acceptable.

9. Mitch_Dumstein

I only feel bad that he had to give up the free seats and free road trips the Jetd gave him as the paid mascot

Aa for the dopey chant, he stole it from the two guys in the opposite upper deck endzones who stole it from two Baltimore Colt fans known as "the Wheel and the Spoke who originated a C O L T S, COLTS, COLTS COLTS chant

if the Jets were to allow hIm back, he should be required to wear a furry costume and stand under the goal posts like all the rest of the paid mascots

10. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

The Jets chant being gone from games now is as gay as two fat fury men in pink leotards dancing ballet at liza minnelli concert.

I don't really care who leads it but its been something that has been part of being a jets fan in my family for 3 generations and though it would be something
    i got to do with my new born one day.

Anyone mad about how much "fame" Ed tried to or did obtain should remove the butt plug and the pink leotard or take the chant over. Either way would work for my family.

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Fireman Ed is a quitter , Why exactly do we need him? I can make a list of reasons why we dont need him

12. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

too many fireman ed haters on this site. like it or not hes part of our culture, so deal with it.

13. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

I agree with this statement 100%, it's not a good idea for him to return considering the amount of insults the fans will be casting at him, also the drumline is better. However, I also agree with the previous statement in having a competion for a new mascot & letting the fans vote.

14. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

I have stated it on here before bc i sat 3 seats away from him in the old stadium for about 10 years. the guy is an absolute douchebag who legitimately thought he was a celebrity. a nasty prick of a man and also, someone who, from many others in FDNY, is a fraud who trumps up being a fireman when in reality he's a disability milking bum.

byz and the rest of the ed haters (myself included) are right. fuck off ed dont come back. youre not needed and you left when we were down like a pussy.

edit: and lets not forget that hes A DOLPHIN FAN AT HEART

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't hate him but I do hate that he quit on us. His pathetic excuse about taking crap from fans doesn't fly. the crowds are much more civilized now than they were 20 years ago and the team has been much better for a while. The team took a dip, was getting hammered in the media every day and he gave them more ammo to slam us.

I appreciate what he did but there has always been a phoniness about him. When he became "big" in 1998 he talked about how he was always there through the bad years and that wasn't true. I first remember him specifically in 1991 when I sat a few rows behind him as a teenager. I have been to pretty much every game since and for many years after the first time I saw him I would look to see if he was there and he wasn't so his fraudulent statements always bothered me. I don't like phony people and he may be a great guy but he's been a bit of a phony.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

byz is right. Fireman Ed was a phony ass hack. He didn't like the publicity? yeah right. He loved having his mug on the TV, getting free tickets to games and stroking his ego along the way...

That's also a good point about him quieting the crowd for his ego. Here's case in point - Jets score a TD and kick it back off to the other team. Crowd is loud and rockin, in turn, helping the D...

Ed gets on the shoulders signaling for everyone to quiet down so we can do his stupid fucking chant and he can be on TV. FUCK THAT. Get loud.

Having said all that Fireman Ed will be back, I'm sure just being another irrelevant Jets fan is killing that man. Give it a couple years and if the Jets are playing for a division title or in a home playoff game or something - he will announce his "return" during the week, get back his 15 mins of fame, etc. The question is - will Jets fans welcome back his return and the return of the chant. I wouldn't - not for that quitting TOOL.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

HELL NO. He quit on us, made us look even worse last season. Fireman Ed does not have my support. He never did and never will.

I like the atmosphere now, especially after going to the Saints game.

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

For those people at the New Orleans game, was it really that loud? I keep hearing how loud it was, but you never can tell from watching on TV.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I agree with junc...The guy has been promoting himself as the Jets fan alot during the late 2000's and he was on the radio shows too...For what exactly? Like others said the chant was started before him, he took the mantle and led the charge...But honestly I dont know why people are complaining about the chant. They have the chant now everytime the drumline gets going. I also dont want to hear it everytime we score.

Quitting is also poor form, just say it is time to retire the chant on his end. Eventually, someone willing will try give an effort to be the new Ed. Probably someone else from Law Enforcement.

20. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

They have cheerleaders out there, Stencil J E T S on their asses and have them moon the crowd.