Idzik is Getting it Done

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We'll agree to disagree gents. Nelson was a free agent til Week 6 for a reason, and for all the double coverage S Hill apparently gets he isn't opening up many lanes. We have a porous passing game in case you all haven't noticed.

2. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

I don't think Holmes would be a good option after this year. The only way to do it would be to release him to free up the massive cap space (like $9m) and then offer to re-sign him for like $1m a year. That's if we wanted to keep him, which I don't think is the best idea.

1) He is injury-prone.
    2) He seems to take extra long to recover from hamstring injuries etc. Either he is deliberately taking extra time off to recover (in which case he's not looking out for the team), or his body is really bad at healing. Either way, that's a big issue.
    3) He is not that young anymore.
    4) He hasn't been the guy he was with Pittsburgh.
    5) He expects to get a bunch of targets per game, even if he isn't playing well- otherwise he sulks and starts running his routes half-assedly.

I think that if he was paid a fair price given all that, he would feel shortchanged and would react by not trying that hard.

He can definitely be good, when healthy and in a good mood, but so far this season he has not really been that "#1 guy" we really need.

3. ibleedgreen7476

If it's anything like what the seahawks did, before they got good they brought in and looked at everyone and anyone, at least it seemed that way. I expect to see a ton of mid level free agents coming in and out for looks and constant moving parts until we find what works. The draft will be interesting to watch, OL, SS, FS, WR there are alot of ways to go.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah I think people are excited because we found players who can catch and hold on to the ball (looking at you Clyde Gates) when the injuries piled up. We aren't pocking up great players, but serviceable players and these players have made big plays to help us win games. I credit Idzik for finding these players and Rex and MM coaching them up.

The real test for Idzik is this coming offseason though.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

A fair price for Holmes would be $200K per game played, $5K per pass caught and $200K per TD catch. That is what he needs for motivation.

6. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

This is my thought exactly. I mean I never expected the Jets to compete this year. Now, they are a legitimate contender for a wild card spot. Idzik is keeping them in the picture with some smart moves and solid pick ups. Next year is the true test but, so far so good.

7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Lol, Jets fans are the most bipolar, next game we lose, they'll be pitchforks after Idzik

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I hate you! No we're not.

I love you man. :rofl:

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

After a win, our Receivers are amazing finds!

After a loss, we are using them as an excuse for Geno's failures...

lmao..you guys are nutz man,

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Luckily for Idzik he has a GREAT Head Coach running this team.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm liking what Idzik has done so far. I didn't like some of the calculated risks he took this off-season but even with the normal failure rate on a strategy like that the Jets have been able to hold their own this year.

I'm looking forward to what he's got on tap in 2014 with a deep draft, a lot of picks and some major cap space to work with.

12. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Lol pretty much.

David Nelson!? What a great find by Idzik! (After a win)

David Nelson? How is this guy our best receiver? He was cut by the bills! (After a loss)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

We had 100 yards in the air yesterday.
    Idzik has a lot of work to do.

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

yea then there will be no end to the whining when he doesn't get enough targets.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

This is Holmes. He'd much rather play for a fatty packed with a high quality sativa/indica blend sprinkled with a mysterious pure white crystalline power in a small, dark, quiet closet in the back of the trainers office.