Any given sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Burnz, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

This clique is so true its not even seen. These are grown men on the field and our team can win on any given sunday(mon, and thurs permitting lol). Though our team got blown out and the dolphins just won against said team. Our Team has plenty of games to put together a good run to get into the playoffs. I think we can all agree if we get to the dance there is no team that will want to face us.
    Dee milliner is a key but CBs are aloud to murder the WR in college still so it is a huge transition.
    Barnes being injured means Coples will be forced to play or sit while someone takes his spot
    Brian Winters has a bye to mesh and become better(after the saints; he was thrown in week 4?)
    After the saints it is bye...then:

Bills
    Dolphins x 2
    Ravens
    Raiders
    Browns
    Carolina

Must say if our team continues to grow, We can make the playoffs; Just watch and enjoy this; Team is in flux and has flashed not only have they played D they have scored points and played competent offense. :jets:

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

good points. After last night we have to add 'on any given Thursday night'!

3. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Are you kidding? IF we get to the POs we will most likely be the lowest ranked team in there, personally I think we don't make it, way too much going on in the team.

I would love to have us taking the 32nd pick next April, but it just ain't going to happen.
    I just don't understand all the drama when we lose to the likes of Cinci, who are a damn fine team, and who then go onto lose against Miami, who like us are hot and cold. We beat NE, Miami beat Cinci..... its the way it goes.

WHO in their right f'kin mind really cares this year, seriously?
    Ws are just gravy as far as I'm concerned. Getting our young guys playing time and valuable experience and that includes having horrible losses is all part and parcel of rebuilding. Come April we will have our next generation coming in and move a step closer.
    For the remainder of this season, chill the F out and look forward to better days.

4. Mitch_Dumstein

On target

4-4 after 8 in a rebuild season with a rook QB

12 picks and 40+ million cap space for Idzik to wotk with in the offseason

2013=house money

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

5. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I doubt we make the playoffs but I hope we get as many 'meaningful' games possible to evaluate Geno and company.

6. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Well said. At this point the Jets probably have one or two more wins than they were expected to have all season. So at this point they are ahead of the curve. Of course we would all like to see them go on a run, however If they can just play some consistently competitve football given the defeicencies on this team that would be great. I would like to see Gerno progress, so that is one question that is not remaining at the end of this season.

7. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

Love this post. Enjoy the ride this year wherever it goes, because it will be better than where we were projected to be, and next year is guaranteed to be better.

8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Ya I never said we would get there but the way this team is constructed we have a punchers chance...Sure you can always be completely pessimistic but remember our most recent playoff runs, Always against stellar top offenses in the league with HOF QB's and we somehow managed to win in a Jets era where we scored less points and moved the ball alot less

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Great post.

10. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I know you're referring to the Bengals but you didn't actually say which team is "said" team.

Anyway, whether or not cornerbacks are allowed to "murder" receivers in college (I really don't think they are) is not the issue with Milliner in my opinion. I see a guy who reacts too quickly to fakes and misdirection by the receiver and then can't recover. Then, after he gets beat a couple of times, he plays slow.

I don't know what the answer is, but not being allowed to "murder" the guy doesn't seem to be the issue because we aren't seeing him get flagged for holding and PI. He's just getting beat, plain and simple. If anything, he should be a bit more physical and grabby.

I am all for giving guys time to develop, but Milliner has been exposed a few times now. He has hurt the team and he needs to pick it up soon or he'll be the next Gholston.

11. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I agree millner does need to man up no doubt I am sorry I didnt specify the post earlier. DB's are aloud to joust with WR's 10 yrds beyond the LOS and I don't know the specific rules unfortunately but the DB transition is quite large. These kids have been taught since pee wee football up into college to play and cover one way, and then told to adjust they're play style

12. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

The rule for contact with the WR is 10 yards in college? I didn't realize that...should be the same in the NFL ...give the DBs a chance. Probably would lead to less high speed collisions too

13. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Every time you guys say Any Given Sunday, I think of those old NFL Films with deep overdubbed voices. "The ground thaws upon a windswept field on any given Sunday, where the Raiders......"

I miss Steve Sabol :(

14. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

I care!:cool:

I've been a Jet-Junkie since '66 with the "GUARANTEED" bowl being my crowning glory!!
    Since then, I've endured DECADES of abject failure; several times being teased with hope only to be squeezed like a dope. Each & every season since then I, along with many true, ol'-skool (& nu-skool) Jet-A-Nistas', invests our hard-earned, "emotional currency" on a successful run to the SB. From the "fails" of Charlie (oxymoron of a surname) Winner ('75-fired after going 2-7)/Rich Kotite (a hideous 4-28) to the "successes" of HOF Parcells (29-19) to current Rex Ryan - either blessed/cursed with talented or untalented team personnel, we soldier on.
    Of course most of us realize the many limitations & lo-level of expectation placed on this year's version of the Jets, but that won't stop me from HOPING against HOPE!! I've seen wierd things happen in the sports world....1 game at a time!

I CARE brutha' !

#14 Fightin'JetTitan, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  15. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I still am trying to find this rule online so I truly cant say much

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

If your going to disect my post like that, then it, does appear crass. I'm guessing you stopped reading.
    Point being, yes we all care about the Jets, but playing the wounded green and white soldier in a rebuild year is just silly, but there is a bigger picture and that is what we need to focus on.

BTW, I really can't stand this shtick when fans proclaim to be a bigger fan than the next guy because they've been a fan since the JWN days have and lived through all the pain. If a fan is 10 years old or 70 , we are all just still Jets fans at the end of the day.

17. Mitch_Dumstein

Great point gusto....and it nothing more than tired old lame shtick proudly proclaimed by self pitying Joe Beningno style SOJFs...

Pain and suffering in one's life is about things like loss of loved ones and friends to illness, tragedy or just plain time NOT loss of stupid football games by a team you root for.

18. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

We have a much, much easier schedule in the second half. I know it's not super realistic, but we could go 6-2, or 7-1 in it. 10-6, or 11-5 is possible. With the AFC playoff race this year, 9-7 may make it in. We'd only have to go 5-3. I think that's very doable with the maturation, and schedule with this team. I'm not going to make any crazy predictions right now, but I know it will be intense, and a typical Jets season to watch.

BTW, about the whole thing with fans whining about not being better...my friends are fans of the Packers, 49ers, Broncos, and Seahawks. So for me personally it's fucking horrible. Well I have the one Falcon fan friend, but still..

anyway that's my 2 cents..

19. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

We are exactly where I thought we would be at this time. I just had us beating the Bengals , but loosing to the saints. I have noticed game where MM just wants to throw it and we abandon the run in spots we have no rhythm at all. The one thing that does make me happy is that Marty doesn't get gun shy right after a bad pick and continues to allow Geno to air it out. I just don't know where we stand when it comes to talent and the ability to execute. I have seen seasons where we were much worse then this and still looked proficient in all phases of the game , but that's the way its goes....Any given Sunday.

20. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Control the trenches; Succeed in running the ball we can win every week ( not literally we should lose every other one ):beer: