Dee Miliner...have I missed something?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Derty, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind Milliner has had absolutely no TC and is not in a good spot physically.

That said I'm pissed at REx. If a player isn't up to speed (and Milliner definitely isn't now) do not put him on the fucking field.

2. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

After watching him get burned AGAIN and AGAIN on Sunday, I asked myself WHY is Millner starting?

3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

....this is Rex were talking about here. No one should be surprised. He never takes out a struggling player when its obvious to everyone but him that the player is hurting the team more then helping it. See Sanchez last year and Kyle Wilson this year against Buffalo.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Perhaps to show Woody and Idzik that their dealing Revis and drafting Milliner has left him with a crap secondary. In other words it's their fault, not his.

5. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Not true. He has actually benched Dee already this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. NFL

NFL Active Member

Twice

7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

"BB" the organization was handcuffed on Revis. Spin it anyway that you want, but only 1 of the 32 NFL football teams supported that lofty price of $16mil (and what is their record again? nice investment). "We had options, Revis wouldn't pull another Houdini act" :rolleyes:

And when you think of Revis just do yourself a favor and think of Holmes too. Holmes, contract among others cough cough Wayne Hunter, Mark Sanchez are reason why we can't/couldn't support $16mil QB (i mean corner). Milliner will grow or he we will vanish from the roster.

Lousy post dude :up:

8. Mitch_Dumstein

he is starting, possibly, because he is a rookie and because Rex and Dennis Thurman feel he will become an NFL corner with game experience and practice reps now that he is healthy...

Of course, these two are not nearly as qualified as defensive personnel evaluators with successful NFL defensive track records as are famed NFL gurus 94Abraham, Big Blocker, pdxdrew and others

9. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Dee

Once again, Milliner is a young player learning on the fly. Relax, it takes time. Winning this year is a bonus. They are a few drafts away from being a top club. Enjoy the ride. Stop jumping off the bridge after every loss.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He's starting because he's the only option they have. Even if he's hurting the team... and he is. They don't have much else to turn too. It has nothing to do getting "game experience," because Rex isn't getting paid to get players experience he's getting paid to win with the hands he's dealt.

11. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Rex

Sure Rex is paid to win games but Idzik is paid to build a team. He is evaluating. So let's stop rehiring Rex after every win and firing him after every loss. This is a two-three year project and the GM is just getting started.

12. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Coach Rex Ryan said CB Dee Milliner will start against the Saints on Sunday.
    Milliner was benched for the second time this season against the Bengals last Sunday. He surrendered four catches for 108 yards and one touchdown to Marvin Jones and the Bengals, per Pro Football Focus. "He's close to being player we want," Ryan said. "By the time the season's over, he's going to be best corner in this year's draft." Rookie corners often face the toughest transition to the NFL.

13. Jetsfansince95

According to Rotoworld.com

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This is the kind of shit that pisses me off about Rex. Do you have kiss the player's ass in EVERY situation? Do you really have to insult everyone's intelligence along with it?

Dee is NOT even close to being the type of player the Jets want right now. By the time the season's over if he can JUST not be complete liability out there, it would be great progress from what we've seen, let alone "best rookie corner", that would take a massive 180.
    People aren't dumb.

STFU and coach this kid Rex. Maybe if you didn't stroke his ego he wouldn't be so non-chalant after a game in which he was beat like drum relentlessly.

15. Jetsfansince95

Hey maybe he got a Dee tattoo :)

16. 94Abraham

I'm referring to after its way too late. Dee had already been torched in the NE game and screwed up and left his man wide open for a TD.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

While Rex gives signs elsewhere of showing growth and learning more about being an HC, I agree this kind of thing is like the old Rex, and not the good old Rex, either.

Perhaps Rex thinks Milliner could use an expression of his support, but to say he's almost there is clearly not the case. Any fan here can see how far off he is from being competent.

I think most realistically and optimistically at the same time Milliner might benefit from next off season and a whole camp without injury. And while I see some things from Walls, the reality is if Walls were playing better or the Jets had a better alternative, we would not see much of Milliner now.

18. 94Abraham

Pretty much. Rex is such a blow hard. No one expects him to criticize his players in public but he has no business praising one of the worst players in football currently right now. Make him earn his playing time. He has done nothing to warrant continuing to play over Walls right now.

19. SecondHandJets

I didn't read this whole shit so I don't know if anyone brought this up, but the kid had surgery in the offseason and didnt sign his contract right away. He has had the least amount of time at probably the hardest position to pick up. It's way too early to panic. He's a long way away from being a shutdown corner but calm down. He contributed more this year than Revis did last year.

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Holy shit. You act like you didn't even read this thread before you replied