2013 week 9 - New Orleans @ N.Y. Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 27, 2013.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Well it's going to start with being able to run the ball, shortening the game and keeping Drew Brees on the sidelines as much as possible.

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Well....Rex Ryan also "usually" beats Marvin Lewis and the Jets "usually" beat the Bengals.

After today, how can anyone not see Brees shredding the Jets secondary?

3. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

I blame Rex for not preparing his team properly and Cincy for being beastly this year. The Jets are much better than they played today and they'll show it next week against NO.

4. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

Milliner and Cro can only get better at this point. If they step up next week(however unlikely) it can be done. I think Milliner has it in him and we know Cro does as well. Hopefully we can pull another upset an go into the bye 5-4, which would be absolutely amazing.

5. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

We're going to get lit up light a Christmas tree next week. Our defense against the pass is a tragedy and there's no reason to think that guys who can't defend will magically play like they CAN defend.

The Saints have a lot of very good players on offense. We don't have a single decent player in our secondary. Even Cromartie is playing like garbage this year. Barring a landslide of enormous breaks going our way, the Saints are going to beat us next week, and beat us BIG.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Bengals might have found something. WRs are beating our CBs right off the LOS and so take some quick 3 and 5 step drops and throw the ball overtop of the CBs. It neutralizes the pass rush. It's not like Dalton was sitting back there patting the ball. By the time he reached the top of his drop he was letting the ball go and guys were wide open. He even threw a couple of them. With these CBs, Rex may have to go more zone especially when we play teams with multiple weapons like Cincy.

7. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Prepare to have the Meadowlands start emptying out by mid 3rd quarter.

We let that pencil neck, ginger fuck Dalton sling it all over us today. Drew Brees will demolish this overrate joke of a D. Our offense sucks. Flat out. Hill looked banged up, Nelson was limping, and Cumberland(one of our best offensive "weapons" left the game with a head injury). You never know what Geno will show up, and Ivory and Powell went nowhere today. I predict pain... lots and lots of pain.

8. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

I think we learned two things today, both of which I pretty much already suspected.

1.) If we can't generate pressure from our D line and beat their O line, our secondary can easily be exposed.
    2.) Our O line is going to seriously struggle against talented D lines.

Our offense is being led by a rookie and is devoid of explosive playmakers. We are going to struggle against EVERY good defense we play in that regard. When Holmes and Winslow are back we may hopefully find some improvement there. I know we would like to see our offense show some progress in this area, but really with a rookie QB and what is widely considered a lackluster receiving corps. we just don't seem capable of hanging in there against good defenses.

The Jets defense, despite being exposed today, is still a solid unit. They are not flawless like everyone wants them to be. But more often than not our stout D line will generate enough pressure and our secondary won't be so outmatched as it was today. Not every team has an A.J. Green and a promising pair of TEs, as well as 2 other huge receivers (Sanu and Jones). If we had generated pressure our secondary may have had a better chance, but we couldn't against the Bengals O line.

I'm not going to be picking a Jets win against the Saints, but I'm not going to let this week cloud my judgement completely. If our O line can handle the Saints' improved pass rush, if we get Holmes back (or others step up), and if our D line can generate enough pressure to relieve some of the stress on the back end, then we have a chance. This team is young, and it's inconsistent. We are going to win games we "shouldn't," and we are going to get our asses handed to us a few times like this. I'm not expecting a win, but I'm not going to let this loss convince me we're in for a blowout, although maybe I'm wrong there.

9. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

the jets are going to win. why? any given sunday

10. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

no,no its "every other sunday" in our case.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

There were times that Dalton just got to see whatever he wanted and then got to step into most throws. Brees is a shorter QB and who moves very well in the pocket to get his throwing lanes. If you can bump him off his spot, it takes him an extra second to see where he's throwing.

I don't think Colston will beat Cro over the top like Green, Green is a very good receiver, top 5 in the league in my opinion. I am worried about Graham vs Allen or a LB. He's very good and Brees and him are on fire this seasons. The Saints also have a ton of plays where they hit Sproles or Thomas in the backfield with short passes and watch them go, so tackling has to be on point and LBs have to cover Sproles on the wheel route down the sideline.

Offensively, that DL is going to be coming hard at them. Rob Ryan is going to be able to create something unique for Geno and the OL. That means the run game has to be effective and consistent, or MM has to dig deep down in the playbook. We might have to do one of Rex's tricks which is talk about G&P all week and time of possession, then come out and start throwing the ball everywhere.

This Saints team is a good team. We are going to need 4 touchdowns to win, so 28 points in my opinion. That means the ST/ defense/ offense have to all chip in. And no letting Sproles devastate us in the punt return, then running the ball, then catching passes. You have to assume that Saints are putting up 20 points and factor the offense giving them a short field or the ST doing the same. Drew Brees does throws some questionable passes that his WRs always seems to find a way to catch, our DBs are going to have play the jump balls and win, something they haven't (Cro hasn't) done all season.

12. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

We struggle against great QB. We're facing DREW BREES.

We struggle against great TE. We're facing JIMMY GRAHAM.

We struggle against good pass rush. The Saints have impressed me a ton this year.

The loss we just were served plays zero part in this honestly, but we have no chance in this game. You can all shove this in my face if we some how won. I just don't want to hear all that Roba/Junc shit about how we might win. We're going to get massacred.

13. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Yeah...I pretty much am expecting an epic ass kicking. I'll be mildly shocked if we keep it close. The real question is...define "close".

We just got shellacked by 40 points...the amount of quiet optimism in this thread is quite astounding. I'm going to angry all week and I don't play for the team nor do I coach them. Yet as a fan of the team I will have to be embarrassed FOR them. I certainly hope they feel embarrassed.

No, the sense I get is ugliness next weekend. I'm actually debating whether or not I will watch... Probably pull a "this weekend" and make it to the half and bail for lack of interest. Such a shame.

14. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

The best hope for the Jets if for the Saints to look at this game and then take it a bit easy during practice, feeling like the Jets have no chance.

If the Jets can get their ground game going, and get pressure on Brees, then the Jets have a chance.

The Jets' corners are so bad that the defense can only play well when they keep the QB under constant pressure. It's a good thing Cro' did not get an extension last season.

Millner is probably a bust; I would be okay with taking another CB early in the draft and looking for a decent free agent CB next year. I think Rex made a mistake in keeping Millner in as long as he did- he's clearly not ready and the Jets need to keep Walls in instead and just hope that Millner has a great offseason next year and steps up his game after taking the rest of this year to learn off the field.

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Nothing more than superstition .

I agree with most of that, but Santonio returning doesn't make too much difference.
    The Bengals are a good team and their gameplan was spot on and highlighted our deficiencies, which of course other team will take a good look at.
    Rob Ryan is going to have a field day

Thats the only bit I disagree with. We do have some good talent in our secondary, and still young. When a team plays badly , like yesterday the secondary always looks awful.
    Our secondary is a few players away from being pretty damn good.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Well let's cheer our jets on and root in a big way,,,,,,,,but if you have any and all Saints on your fantasy team,,,START EM next week

17. Mitch_Dumstein

Noted for accuracy sake

You predicted the same doom against the Bucs Bills Falcons and Pats at Met Life.....0-8 on the road to 0-16 if we go Mexican Jet Nostradamus predictions for 2013

18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

From what I saw of the NO/Bills game, the Saints weren't that impressive. I'm just not sure how we are supposed to stop Brees.

Maybe Ivory has something to prove?

/clutchingatstraws

19. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

At the beginning of the year, I wanted 4-5 going to the bye. That's what's happening.

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Saints are the favorites but I think we still have a slim chance to win this game.