Can only imagine what Brees is gonna do next week

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Oct 27, 2013.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The Bengals are for real.

I thought the 6.5 spread was excessive but had a lot of respect for our opponent coming into this game.

I am not feeling great about next week but would not be surprised if we knocked off the Saints. They are a good team but have a lot less balance than the Bengals who seem to be as good or better on defense as they are on offense.

Regardless of the outcome next week we need to put a lot of work into our offensive game plan during the bye week and figure out how we can move the ball more consistently and stop turning the damned ball over.

2. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Next week will be a bloodbath. No pass rush and no clue on offense. We are in trouble.

3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Bengals are MUCH better overall than the Saints, and we get the Saints at home.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Well Rex got another te to worry about.

5. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

Dude, it cannot be any worse...

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

This.

Cro is due for a DPI every single game. I just expect it to happen at least once and it generally does.

Milliner is completely clueless out there. He never turns around on the ball. Plays the receiver only and he's usually steps ahead of him and in for scores/long YAC. Cro has the bad habit of not turning around sometimes as well.

We all know how well our front D-Line can play. It's the secondary that is atrocious. Brees has the arm strength and receivers to abuse them like Dalton did.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Saints will win, but I don't think it will be a royal ass kicking like we saw today. Mainly because of the pride factor with Rex vs. Rob. We can't win in a shootout, so it will be up to our defense to make up for the 35pts they gave up this week.

Time for a gut check for the entire team and its CS.

8. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I feel like Brees can throw for 1000 yards on this secondary if he wants to.

9. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

i hope it's freezing next week.

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Front four stoned for the most part, secondary clueless

(crazy as it may sound, it almost seems like their FB IQ can be called into question at times the way they sometimes run around and get "lost in coverage" like chickens w/o heads).

Yeah, everone's getting on Milliner's pass coverage but one thing he did--or rather DIDN'T--jumped out at me was this one draw play by Cincy:

AFTER Dalton had clearly handed the ball off to the RB, Milliner was still looking into the backfield and tentitively 'bounce-stepping' and not closing upfield into the play; very, very tentitive even when seeing the play was a RUN right in front of him ..... forget his getting torched for over 100 yards in the 1st quarter alone.

On Marvin Jones' 3rd TD, Darrin Walls was covering NOBODY and "whiffed" 3 yards short of even being in position to make a play on the ball.

What a mess this secondary is! At the same time, the front four was stoned repeatedly all day. "Fortunately" MoWilk seemed to get over it pretty quickly given his laghing lovefest on the field after the game (that kinda bugged me seeing that after the game).

Calvin Pace post-game quote: "I'm sure there's something we can build on."

Really Calvin?

11. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

Jets are capable of anything at this point. They got trounced by the Steelers but came back to beat the Pats. It'd be silly for any team(even NO) to count the Jets out.

12. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Is Dee Milliner a bust -- too early to tell , but a #9 pick should be a day one starter and be an impact player. He looks beyond lost when he steps onto the field. I don't know what they see in practice but in the game he is a $15 million invisible man.

As for what Brees will do to the Jets? Jets will have to play 7 men in pass coverage....Cro can't handle speed and still doesn't know how to use his size to prevent a receiver from getting an easy release. Officials are also catching on to his let a guy burn me and grab his should to slow him down move.

The front 4 needs to get to brees...need to get in his face, hands up, and disrupt him early ad often.

Also if they win the toss take the ball first and set the tone with the offense.

13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

you're 19? Do this to yourself for over 30 years,you'll bitch like a grumpy old man too

14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

The NFL is quite different from college. In college, a lot of receivers will get their hands up early, giving the DB plenty of time to get his hands up to fight for the ball. In the NFL, they are smart enough to wait until the last season so by the time the DB sees the hands up for the catch, it's too late.

15. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

we played in a hostile environment today with a damn good team, their strength (passing attack and aggressive pass rushing d) is our greatest weakness, we were just outmatched in every way and the much better team not only won but destroyed us. new york teams get a ton of hype when they're playing one good game, and get a ton of criticism for playing one bad game...

we also need to remember this was supposed to be a rebuilding year and before this season even started we wanted matt simms to start... we filled up a few holes but knew that there was no way we could fill up that many and one offseason. here's a chance to further evaluate where we need to get better...much better

16. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

The game and Cro were over after the PI call on cro leading to the second touchdown.

That call, while legit, normally never gets called. The ball was probably not cathcable and the hand fighting was minimal.

Last week the game announcers were all over how Cro is a PI machine and the refs never call it. This was clearly a result.

After that, Cro was crippled.

More important we were down 14. This threw our whole gameplan out the window.

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Gee whiz I am wondering should I change my signature now to read 45 years & no SB or wait to seasons end? :sad:

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Brees and the Saints havent been as good in cold weather games.Once they lose the comfort of there dome and enter the Chilly windy 40 or lower temps of Metlife Stadium they wont stand a fuckin chance

#38 LongIslandBlitz, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

W
    L
    W
    L
    W
    L
    W
    L

hmmmm

20. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Game got away from the Jets and there was really no way a rookie QB was gonna be able to lead a 21 point comeback. Rough start and it gradually got worse. Classic Jets aren't as bad as this, Bengals aren't as good as this.

Also, the wins against Atlanta and New England aren't as big based upon how good those teams actually are vs how good they are perceived or were perceived before the season.

To me this season wins are a bonus. The team is building for the future and the GM had a good offseason with no cap space and did well with all of his draft picks. Give it another 1 or 2 offseasons and keep Geno developing and the Jets are right there with the elite teams. Just gotta keep hitting on draft picks as they did this year and did on some from 2011 and 2012.