Dee Miliner...have I missed something?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Derty, Oct 15, 2013.

1. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

He surely hasn't shown why he was drafted so high. If he isn't getting toasted, he is hurt.

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

There's a two year period for CB/WR to catch up to the speed of the game but it is concerning how Milliner has lost some of his key attributes he had at Bama. Simple mistakes he is making at this point, it is kind of dissapointing but it is still too early to throw him under the bus and label him a failed pick.

That being said, you are a fool if you think Brees/Payton don't go after him next Sunday if he's on that field. Stills will burn him.

3. DogWarZ

DogWarZ Active Member

Just another brilliant Rex CB draft. Didn't think anyone would be worse then Wilson.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe Rex doesn't start Milliner against Brees. If we're lucky.

5. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

He never played press coverage in college and he's always hurt. I never liked this pick.

6. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Milliner has a lot in common with the Hall of Fame believe it or not...
    Plenty of Bust's there as well!

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Milliner is a rookie CB, one of the harder transitions on Defense. As with all rookies I will not ride him this year. The only concern I will state at this point in time is he's been fragile this season and injury prone in the past. That's a big red flag that has nothing to do with his rookie status.

Half of the secondary is a wreck right now. Though I do like how allen is progressing this his second season...he's got a ways to go yet in terms of polish and technique, but he's showing a pretty big upside IF he keeps developing.

8. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Makes the fact that he held out even more funny...

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The Bengals have a 1st round draft pick CB from Alabama too. However, they are smart enough not to play him.

10. DanR

DanR Active Member

It wasnt just Milliner, Cromartie was burnt several times.

11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

No you haven't missed anything, but apparently the Jets scouting department, an the defensive Genius Rex an Idzik sur as fuck did, when the pissed the #9 pick on this piece of garbage

12. TheGreenCantona

i do not buy the he is only a rookie talk.

So is geno, richardson, wilkerson last year etc.

i Think it is easy to see if something wil work out or not,

name one rookie struggling for jets that has turned it around in the last 4 years?

Ferguson? but that was a while ago.

13. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

When he's beat he's beat pretty badly. Hardly liked the pick to begin with. Not gonna jump to conclusion but not looking good so far.

Lol at getting spun like a top.

Oh man he just dropped the "I'm a rookie and I'm learning" in the post game.

#173 Nilton, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  14. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Milliner said during the Post-Game that he was "in position" to make the plays. What position?

He was in Cincinnati that's about it.

15. legler82

I thought that was some delusional talk as well...LOL.

16. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Do you know the quality of the competition that Alabama faced ? The WR's ? The QB's ? Alabam's DL vs. the OL of their competition ?

The Jacksonville Jaguars would be 12-point favorites against Alabama if they played. That SHOWS you the difference in quality between the BEST college team and the WORST NFL team -- and the gap between the players that the latter see each week vs. what the former sees.

Darelle Revis was special. Because of his size and OK (but not great) speed he wasn't seen as a Top 10 or Top 5 pick. But his COVERAGE skills were off-the-charts....except they don't draft on that basis (same reason why Russell Wilson fell: nobody drafts on ability to see the defense, they go by size/arm strength/etc.).

The scariest thing is hearing Millner talk and you wonder if this is a guy has the competitive drive to get better. He seems totally non-chalant, just like Vernon Ghoulston. He's got a few million in the bank, maybe he signs 1 or 2 more short-term contracts and is done with football by the time he is 30.

He could be a Cornerback Version of Jamarcus Russell.

17. legler82

I also don't like his laissez faire attitude about his poor play and getting benched. Unlike him Geno was visibly upset about his play and getting pulled.

18. Kerley,Ellis,Davis,Allen,Cumberland(Undrafted),Powell,Winters(Struggled in TC)Howard(Undrafted)Slauson(Not here anymore)

Sorry...expecting optimum performance from rookie/young NFL players is just ridiculous. When a guy works out early you count your blessings..but it is FAR from the norm.

19. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Exactly......every single player from colleges elite defense hasn't panned out. At some point you'd think teams would start realizing that perhaps these kids are not nearly as good as their hype. I HATED this pick.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Really really ugly. Awful, even for a rookie corner. He was getting torched by a young player as well. It's not like he was getting picked on by a savvy vet. He killed the jets out there today brutal.