2013 week 8 - NY Jets @ Cincinnati Bengals

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 20, 2013.

1. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

They're first round fodder for KC/DEN

2. tcw722

tcw722 Member

At least they mailed it in early

3. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

The Jets lack discipline. Special Teams has been strong all game then they take a nap with a minute down and we're down another score, it's discouraging.

4. otrebor1

otrebor1 New Member

Hey, I left for a minute--Did Geno Sanchez throw another pick six?

5. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Two things just jump off the screen:

The Bengals stable of receivers is phenomenal. Every one of them is athletic as hell, have good hands and separation speed. Any one of them would immediately be the best receiver on our roster.

Our pass defense is a joke. We cover nobody, get no consistent pressure up front on obvious passing downs, never knock down a pass or seperate anyone from the ball, and except for Allen last week, we never come up with a big pick when we need one. There's no help in sight. We'll get shredded all season by any competent passing attack and I'd bet my life that we'll be in the bottom 10 in points allowed at the end of the season. If I was any opposing OC I'd come into the game planning to throw 50 passes against this sieve every week.

6. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Yeah well they drafted a guy who was supposed to help with that.

7. otrebor1

otrebor1 New Member

Hey, I stepped away for a moment, did Geno Sanchez throw ANOTHER pick 6?????

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Many of us have been talking about what a joke the secondary is...its a friggin joke. A friggin joke.

The thing that cracks me up the most is that BB and Brady are such geniuses that they play into the Jets defense perfectly with their unwillingness to throw the ball deep.

If Im coaching against the Jets...a deep throw every possession. I want to hear from some that defended this secondary...they called people that thought the secondary sucks "clowns...and morons" where the f are they now. Imbecile was another name someone called me.

Blind Jet fans...too many on this site. And oh....I forgot to mention the thread about whether Rex should get a 5 year or a 15 year extension.

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Jets lack WRs and quality press corners; that's all this game proved.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

whodey should be unbanned so he can crow tomorrow. His team crushed us and he deserves to crow.

11. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

They all really sucked today.

12. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He probably moved onto Finheaven....short week.

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Unbanned him cause I want to crow about Mo Wilks > Geno Atkins.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

we got beat

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Total beatdown in every phase. Not really surprised.

16. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Defense lost this game, by the time Geno threw his picks the Bengals defense was looking pass all the way. Defense and special teams gives up 28 points in the first half that's not a good place to put a rookie QB. Offense didn't do much, the running game in the first half was averaging about 1 yard a carry and the passing attack never could get off the ground.

The Jets showed today they are not a playoff team and are REALLY lucky to be a .500 team right now. The soft schedule at the end will make this team look better than it really is and if your really, really honest the Jets probably should be 2-6 at this point in time, though you could make a legit argument that the team really should be 3-5 or 1-7.

17. Steelersrule

Steelersrule Member

Jets loss to IMHO to probably one of the best two teams in the AFC (my other team is Denver) not convinced of the Chiefs...........you guys have no reason to hang your heads............keep the faith guys.........your QB looks legit.....

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

All this game showed is what we already knew - our receivers are not great and our pass coverage is not great - we have 1 decent corner (who is insanely overpaid and will be gone next season if he doesn't restructure), we have nothing on the other side (its too early to say Dee is a bust ofc for the CB position is hard but he doesn't look good and is really fragile - which everyone else seemed to know before we drafted him but ho hum) and nothing really at safety - these are all things we can look to address next offseason - Geno shows some promise though his penchant for throwing pick sixes is very depressing after 4 seasons of sanchez.

Very poor performance all around but Dalton was just on fire and his receiver corps is amazing.

19. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Anyone who watches this defense week in and week out, and thinks it's a good defense is either blind or delusional. It's a mediocre defense at best ... A bully defense who can feast on rookie QB's or WR's, but routinely gets the snot kicked out of it by competent passing attacks ... And it's been that way since the Revis injury.

How many passing TD's did we give up ALL of 2009?? We gave up 5 TODAY.
    Revis made Rex what he was. All we have left is an empty reputation. I love having Richardson up front, but trading Revis will set us back years. If you don't think so by now, talk to me in week 17 when we're around the bottom of the league in passing defense.

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

yes because the Bucs are doing an amazing job of pass defense with Revis in there.....