All things Revis

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Holmes contract was guaranteed. Idzik got him to take a pay cut but there was never an option to re-purpose most of his money, just the ability to cut the cap figure and payout down some.

Darrelle Revis is going to walk into the Hall of Fame with no problems unless he loses his ability very quickly. The Hall of Fame is there for players who were big names to honor that fact and Revis has been one of the NFL's biggest names since 2009. If he stays an iconic CB for another 2 or 3 years he's going to get elected, Super Bowl win or not.

He might get elected just off of what he has done so far were a career-ending injury to happen. Gayle Sayers never won a championship and had a very short career but what he had was memorable to everybody who saw it and so he got in on his first ballot.

#421 Br4d, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I disagree, and the reason is for someone like Gayle Sayers, he had plays that people remembered. a great game for Revis is never having his name called because nobody threw his way. those are hugely different dynamics that influence perception.

outside of a few plays here and there, does any =body ever say "hey, you remember that play Revis made?" Revis probably had guys completely locked down on plays that went for TD's to someone else. but nobody will ever say, "hey, what was Revis doing on that play."

3. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

I could see that happening only if Revis buys a metric f-ton of construction materials to repair that bridge he(in no particular order)

burned
    salted with termites
    salted with salt
    mortared
    dynamite'd(not a word)
    lured Godzilla to with whatever it is Godzilla eats
    nuked from orbit
    successfully divided by zero on causing some sort of temporal rift that simultaneously introduced Dinosaurs, Arks of the Covenant, Black Holes and other assorted shit you just don't come back from..... ever

All that aside, should the skies open up and Jesus comes down to turn Tebow into a real live QB plus Revis decides to take an Ashomounga like pay cut. I'd happily pop into a chorus of "Welcome Back" because in all honesty he'd probably help tie our reforming secondary back together.

Cro just doesn't seem to be himself this year. I don't know if it some sort of lingering injury or just who Cro is. As he's playing now I don't think we could trade him with what his cap hit will be. More than likely we'd probably cut him which I'd hate to see. After that we still need to see what we have in Milliner and Walls. So far I like what I've seen from Walls. He's been playing the ball well and tends to have his guy locked up pretty tight.

#423 hastygreen, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Imagine if we got a first in the 2014 draft instead of the 2013? Guaranteed top 3 pick.

5. Drew

Drew Active Member

He'll be back.

6. FlightBoys

FlightBoys Member

Just wondering... if the Bucs cut Revis at the end of the season, do we still get their 3rd round pick?

7. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Just imagine that, we could sell the pick for 3 future first rounders for a team that is desperate to get Teddy Birdgewater

8. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

No, I think we get a 4th

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Nope. Let him travel elsewhere in the NFL.

Sent from my LG Optimus F3

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Damn Revis got called for the PI

11. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Or we could have drafted Bridgewater ourselves.

I like Geno Smith and his potential, but he isn't a sure thing yet.

That said, I don't think Tampa Bay will be top 3 bad at the end of the season, too talented not to eventually get a few wins. They'll be top 10, though.

12. Br4d

The Bucs have the look of a 4 win team at this point.

13. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

if the Bucs didn't have a jackass of a coach they would be at least average

14. Br4d

It's hard not to root for Mike Glennon, however he is likely a backup QB and that team is going to have trouble getting to 5 wins at 0-6 and pending 0-7 with a backup QB taking all the snaps for them.

You can make a good argument that mismanaging Josh Freeman is what sunk the Bucs this season. Freeman had about 5x the talent Glennon does but he is gone now and the next QB will likely be drafted in the 2014 draft.

15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Another intriguing option.

16. GreenFist

GreenFist Member

Looking like Revis lacking some tenacity on running plays tonight .. seemed to have a little more aggression with us

17. Br4d

The broadcast crew said the knee is still coming into line. Revis doesn't feel he's 100% yet. When you let it all hang out the way he does you have to be 100% so he's probably holding back some.

The missed tackle on the TD looked like a percentage play to me where Revis was avoiding the possibility of a potential crackback block from the side and went down early.

18. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

As much as I think we got the steal of the draft in Sheldon Richardson, could you imagine if Tampa had given us their 2014 1st round pick? Maybe we still draft Richardson at #9 this draft, but now have a potential top 10 pick and our own 1st round pick to work with next draft.

19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Over under Greg Schiano gets fired this week

20. Br4d

Sheldon Richardson is as valuable as Revis in the overall scheme of things already and he's a rookie in his first half season.

DT/DE is about three times as valuable as CB when you are talking star power.

You have to have decent players at both positions but the difference between having a pro bowl DT and a pro bowl CB is probably a half a win a season, which is huge overall.