The Bengals - I do NOT like this matchup for the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

As we well know from AFC East divisional games, a loss to a division opponent is not always your best gauge of where you stand in relation to the rest of the league.

Cro is still listed as injured, to his hip. I am concerned about this as well, since no other CB seems able to consistently play man coverage. And I doubt Ryan will go zone D all game, to say the least.

But btw, the Jets have been home the last two games, and the last road game was in Atlanta. I don't think that was a Smith shit show.

2. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I'm with all of you who have a bad feeling about this game. As with the Steelers game, we're coming off of a huge, emotionally draining game. Couple that with heading into Cincinnati to play a team with a defense ranked #9 overall in YPG, 11th in points allowed, 13th in passing ypg, and 8th in rushing ypg. They are one of the better defenses, and Geno has struggled against good defenses.

Can we win this game? Sure can. And I do think it's gonna be a good game; a CLOSE game. But I think the Bengals will end up making one play more than our Jets, leaving us on the wrong side of the scoreboard. I do hope I am wrun=

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

One thing is pretty clear at this point: all the professional prognosticators are going to pick the Bengals over the Jets because there's no downside to doing so. The Jets on/off pattern this year gives people an automatic out on the pick.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

"Good teams stack wins." -Willie Colon

This game is enormous for the Jets to break-out of that mediocre average category and be a real contender.

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

That may be true but what is also true is that he has a way more elite potential than Dalton.

It's obvious by that statement, you haven't watched enough Jets games this season.

He practices against a hungrier and more ferocious defense every day. Sundays are when he gets a chance to take a break.

Must have missed the memo.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

:grin::up::jets:

7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Looks like Cumberland is not practicing again today.

Reuland to start Sunday?? Yikes.

8. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

people keep saying that cro does well against the taller, straight line speed receivers, and not the shifty ones, which is true

the problem is aj green is both ... he made a move on a lions cb off of a wr screen that had the dude out of bounds and unable to lay a finger on him

i watched this game last night and if this is the best the offense has looked then i dont see you guys doing very well against the jets

the bengals o-line looked solid in pass pro (going up against a stout front) but they could not run the ball well

they scored off of a bomb to aj, and blocked fg that gave them excellent field position, and a bomb to eifert

if we force them to "matriculate the ball down the field" i think they will struggle to move the chains ... i think we'll be able to double green because we can handle most of their other weapons one on one

davis can run with gresham, and allens performance last week leads me to believe he can more than hold his own with eifert ... im not impressed with sanu but jones could be a problem for kyle wilson. he has good ball skills and we know kyle struggles locating the ball ... we will have to spy gio out of the backfield, which shouldnt be a problem cause dalton has limited mobility

my biggest concern is when they have aj in the slot ... i think he can give us big problems there

9. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

you dont even know what year your qb is in

no doubt, this guys a troll

10. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I don't think we've lost to the Bengals ever since Rex has been our HC. Whether it be regular season, or Playoffs. Not much to go on, but Rex has their number.

11. nyjunc

He's 3-0 against them, in general we have owned this series for a long time.

We have won 4 straight and 9 of 10, the lone loss being during that disastrous 2007 season.

12. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

I feel like Dalton is vastly overrated, AJ saves his ass so many times with his dogshit underthrows.

The offense just has to atleast function for us to win.

If we win it'll be by 7 AT THE MOST.
    If we lose it'll be by atleast 14.

13. WHODEY

WHODEY Banned

I disagree with that. Andy Dalton is not an elite QB, but he is better than average. He's top ten in almost every statistical category. AJ is a beast 99 percent of the time, sure, but both of the interceptions against Chicago were 100% AJ's fault. One was a deflection off his hands and the other he was unaware of where Tillman was on a designed quick slant and he let Tillman step in front. Andy deserves way more credit than the media is willing to give him because they are too busy sucking Andrew Luck and Colin Kaepernick's collective nutsacks.

Andy is assuredly better than Geno. Geno is bottom 5 amongnst starters in QB Rating last time I checked.

14. nyjunc

Dalton is better than Geno right now but Geno doesn't have half the talent Dalton has to work with and don't make the mistake of judging QBs based on ratings.

15. WHODEY

WHODEY Banned

Watching his performance's versus the Steelers and Titans was all I needed.

16. nyjunc

He's a rookie, he will be up and down, he had a Dalton like playoff game- it happens.

17. WHODEY

WHODEY Banned

So when it's your young QB "it happens" but when its our young QB he's "a choker"? Nice double standard.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Dalton is in that Flacco position when Flacco was younger. Is the QBs success more because the team is well built to support him, or is the QB actually getting more out of the players surrounding him, or are they a very balanced team that can rely on their QB but don't need to game in game out?

19. nyjunc

Our guy is a rookie who wasn't ready but was forced into action. Your guy was drafted to play day 1. geno hasn't had a chance to choke in a playoff game yet, Andy has and has taken advantage of it.

The Flacco/Sanchez category except Flacco and Sanchez won playoff games each of their first 2 postseasons.

20. WHODEY

WHODEY Banned

Mike Brown still thought Palmer would come back and honor his contract. Dalton was drafted as a back up plan. Dalton was the epitome of "forced into action." Unfortunately, Geno won't have a chance to choke in the playoffs as a rookie because his team sucks.