First take: Were The Patriots Robbed?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RubenDias, Oct 21, 2013.

1. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Any chance you can provide some of his comments? Wonder what Francesa's reaction is as well.

2. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

I couldnt handle listening for more than a minute.

I have anger issues when it comes to Patriot dick sucking.

3. MondayNightMiracles

wow... i didnt know it had to be a second level player to push a downline man to cause a penalty (according to the way skip read the rules)

if thats true, then i hate to say it, but thats not a good call, and thus yes the pats were robbed.

but hey, shit happens, refs make bad calls all the time. the TD catch that Hill caught that went down as an offensive Pass interefence was a huge BS call and we didnt get that score which PROBABLY would have been enough to win this close game anyways.....

4. Ontherise

Ontherise Member

Here is where you need to be educated.

The "tuck rule" had actually been called against the Patriots in an earlier regular season game in 2001.

Despite fans not being aware of the rule... despite the rule looking a bit silly... it was called correctly in the instance that it was relevant - and I'm not aware of any particular outcry that officials were failing to call "tuck rules" on other plays.

Yesterday's call was apparently absolutely correct according to the letter of the rule.

The outrage should stem from a) there had been almost 1000 previous XP/FGA during this season without a single call... b) there is video of the Jets pushing on at least 2 different kick tries in yesterday's game... c) there is video of the Pats pushing last week vs. the Saints.... d) this type of thing probably happens on a large %, if not the majority of every kick attempt this year...

so for e) a ref to literally almost have the flag in the air before the kick has even left the ground, choosing this utterly crucial moment to make the first call of the year.... it leaves the BS feel.

5. NYJets17

I think the NFL refs and Mike Pereira know the rules a little better than Skip fucking Bayless and they both said the ruling on the field was correct.

No one was fucking robbed except Tom Brady because everyone began using his panties as tissues.

6. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

This is actually what Belichick thought but turned out to be incorrect. It doesn't have to be at the second level to be considered a penalty.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Guess what - no one gives a shit here. There's probably a whole Pats message board somewhere full of crying bitches like you. Why don't you take this stupid shit there?

Don't worry - another couple years when Brady hangs em up, you won't even have to pretend you are a Patriots fan anymore. Peace

8. NYJets17

Ooooooooo kill'em

9. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Regardless of what the jets did or didn't do, pats were warned and did it anyway.

Arrogant pricks just didn't get away with it for once.

10. FitzyRifleHands

FitzyRifleHands New Member

refs trying to make themselves look better after the article came out before the game.

11. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Fuck that football team! How does it feel to be on the otherside of controversial call.

12. Mitch_Dumstein

the actual real rule as printed and distributed to ALL 32 teams and which the officials spent time in training camp explaining says NOTHING about second levels. As correctly stated by Jerome Booger last night it says that ANY PUSH in an attempt to create leverage is a foul

the "rule" Shits Bayliss and Stephen A Stupid were quoting from was the one erroneously included on NFL.com which everyone admitted was incorrect

The rule was quite simple... 31 teams understood it and complied with it

except Smellichick the Cheater who figured... what the heck, they'll never call it against me and the Pats because they never call anything against me and the Pats

13. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Main Stream Media for the dumbed down masses. Of course they're going to whine that the Pats were robbed...it's where the money is.

14. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Right because the penalty called on Stephen hill for offensive pass interference on that what would be td catch wasn't a bad call! The pats db looked like an Italian soccer player selling that dive! And by db I mean douchebag not defensive back! But the mainstream media doesn't wanna talk about the fact if that td stands it's a 2 possession game and no need for overtime! Haters hate

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

hahahaa this is hilariously bad.

the spirit of the rule is not the rule!

Taking off your helmet is not advantageous, it's still an unsportsmalike penalty! Using the ball as a prop in a celebration is not advantageous, it's still a penalty. So if a block in the back occurs on a punt return where the play illegally blocked wasn't going to get to the returner, do the refs pick up their flag because it was not advantageous? Nope, it's a bad penalty on the guy who did the illegal thing

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

All the other 'pushes' that were not called were not over the top. In #94's case, he stepped back and behind the other lineman like has stunting. VERY obvious. He wasn't just caught up in a crowd and kept pushing...it was a very deliberate attempt to cheat. And it almost worked....the player who was getting pushed almost got to the kick...missed it by inches.

There's no better team for a 'new rule hammer' to come down on than the Pats.

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I thought we outplayed them yesterday and deserved to win.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

In a way it's good that this happened....The Jets didn't beat the Pats, the refs did. This will allow the Jets to fly under the radar for another week.

19. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

The call was correct. You can see the guy doing it on every camerca angle they showed. And they'd been warned before. The Pats got a taste of their own medicine for once. And I am sure Francesca, Bayless and every other Jets hater is coming out and undoing their belt bucks for screaming in this one.

20. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Its funny how nobody mentions that we killed them in total yards and time of possession along with getting a terrible PI call in the EZ on Stephen Hill and giving them numerous first downs with penalties. Anybody who watched the game knows we beat the crap out of the patriots.