Dee Miliner...have I missed something?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Derty, Oct 15, 2013.

1. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

He played terribly today, no confidence hes scared of getting beat. He doesnt use his physicality as much as one would think, almost never presses. Turns his hips too much in zone which leads to easy completions.

He needs to get better in a hurry is all I can say.

2. Mitch_Dumstein

Dee played a good game today especially in the second half

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

3. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

looks like a complete bust so far

he needs to step it up

4. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

He's a CB in Rex's system. One of the hardest positions to play. Not easy when he's constantly on an island. Right now it seems like he's thinking too much which is natural for a rookie. He also didn't have a full offseason to practice. I don't really agree with the decision to have him be the #2CB right now especially with Walls playing pretty well IMO. I think he'll really develop with a full offseason next year. Let's keep in mind that Wilkerson barely played his rookie season.

5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Is it me or is he a carbon copy of Wilson, always trailing the receiver, Christ maybe they should layoff drafting CB high cause Wilson an milliner are garbage, Milliner is a glass doll on top of that.

6. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Brady threw for 228 yards, half were to not Gronkowski. Yeah i'd say the entire secondary did okay. He had no PI calls either, give the kid a break. He has an ability to turn his head and play the ball that a lot of young corners don't. Not saying hes the next Revis but give him more than a few games

7. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Milliner will end up being way better than Kyle Wilson to whoever made that comparison above. Mark it.

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

While I agree with the spirit of your post that last part is completely incorrect.

Wilkerson started from day one and was in on over 80% of defensive snaps.

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Cro's cap number is insane, we save something like $9m by cutting him so he will need to renegotiate his contract or he is as good as gone.

edit: just checked figures

cap no. - $14,980,000
    dead money - $5,480,000
    cap saved - $9,500,000

10. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Milliner is a fairy.

11. FlightBoys

FlightBoys Member

If it wasn't for Sheldon Richardson balling out, I feel the hate towards Milliner would be a lot higher. Lets just give him some time, it's too soon to make any final assumptions. For all we know he could be playing at 75% ( which I think he is ).

12. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

He got the job done. I didn't see Brady throw any td's. "You don't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need!"

13. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying, but I think because Richardson is playing lights out, people are a little less patient with milliner. Probably a combo of both.

14. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

The knee bone's connected to the.... Shoulder bone. Duh!

Maybe it's a good thing I'm not a doctor.

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Milliner has a certain sets of God given traits (size, long arms, 4.3 speed, 38 in vertical...etc.) that provides you hope he can potentially be get better if he can ever get his technique right. Wilson's ceiling is a good nickel back or a #2 CB in a predominantly cover 2 zone scheme.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Only heard his name maybe once or twice. He needs to stay healthy

17. Soul Rebel 212

Too early to tell on Milliner. I remember Patrick Peterson's first year, and he got burned weekly. Milliner is recovering from an injury and in a complex system full of youth and new blood. He hasn't played great, has frustrated eveyrone, but I'll give him at least another year, if not two before calling him a bust.

18. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

This.

On top of that Brady had 0 TDs and threw a pick-6. Our secondary is still very young and is going to take longer to gel than the front 7.

We had a great run with Revis and everyone knew there would be a drop off this year. We're 4-3 with rookies and 2nd year guys all over the field and although our front 7 is obviously the strength of the D, the secondary isn't exactly getting torched - what do people expect? People shit on Revis his rookie year too - give the kid a season to adjust to the pros and can with this ridiculous bust talk.

19. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

This.

On top of that Brady had 0 TDs and threw a pick-6. Our secondary is still very young and is going to take longer to gel than the front 7.

We had a great run with Revis and everyone knew there would be a drop off this year. We're 4-3 with rookies and 2nd year guys all over the field and although our front 7 is obviously the strength of the D, the secondary isn't exactly getting torched - what do people expect? People shit on Revis his rookie year too - give the kid a season to adjust to the pros and can it with this ridiculous bust talk.

20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I hate when people make these comparison (i.e., "Revis got burnt his rookie year too.."). Milliner didn't even really even get "burnt" but most of us agree he did not play well. Pretty much all CBs not named Revis get burnt, rookies and veterans, especially CBs in Rex's defense. That's not the problem; the problem is that he is getting turned around on simple out routes, using poor technique, making mental mistake...etc. I wouldn't be concerned if he was getting beat on double moves because of overaggressiveness. At least that shows he is competing. He is showing a complete lack of confidence by giving no name WRs a ton of cushion. He has to trust his talent and man up. As a CB are not learning anything ceding everything underneath and just worrying about getting beat over the top.