2012 Fatcesa thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Murrell2878, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Mike can be a blowhard, but there is no reason to give him crap for time spent on the Jets. They are the Giants station, ESPN is the Jets station. WFAN airs the G games, ESPN NY the Jets.

All day the EsPN talk focuses on the Jets, and WFAN on the Giants.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Fuck Francessa...Its not about the coverage as much as the gloating he gives for the Giants and credit he does not recognize for the Jets

3. harkin

harkin Member

Mike can be a blowhard, an idiot and a liar ("I DID NOT fall asleep") but he also needs to be commended for the good stuff he does and I've heard him be very good.

Also, you have to give him credit for year-in, year-out dealing with one of the most idiotic caller bases in the history of talk radio. I travel for a living and have been listening to WFAN in the afternoons for years (and THE NFL NOW or whatever it's called now for even longer). 80% of his callers are mind-numbingly stupid. They are right down there with the callers on the NASCAR and SEC stations. One of my favorite things about his show is some caller making a ridiculous claim, Mike asking them to back it up with facts and hearing them mumble incoherently or even declaring the exact opposite of their original premise.

4. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Francesa tomorrow:

Dat cawl was a gift...yaw a charity case. Folk mizzes dat field goal and then brady getz da bawl on da forty and its Bink, Bink, Bink, Bink Touchdown!

5. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Don't listen to talk radio. Really too over the top for me!

6. Mitch_Dumstein

Speaking of sad pathetic old bitter blowhards

Guess which one said this in his weekly spot on the Michael Kay show......

"The Jets don't have a chance in the world of winning ANY of the next three games against the Patriots, Bengals or Saints!"

Hint

Ah wanna kees you

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Fuck that Namath. I cant stand his drunken ass. Its embarrassing that this clown is still the only face of this franchise's history. I wish he would just go away for ever.

8. Mitch_Dumstein

back to the fatso topic

some guy just called in to boomer and carton and suggested that the 75 pound pig they have on board for the pig roast tonight at the Midgets game be named.....

FRANCESA

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

bah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Joe Namath

Anyone who does not have fond memories of Joe Namath must be really young.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by alleycat9 View Post
    i cant justify paying for something that i can receive for free. its like buying bottled water when you have good clean well water flowing freely from your tap.

You obviously have never listened to Sirius. Its like having cable in your car. You still have 13 channels using an antenna or do you have cable? That's the difference. Its the greatest thing ever. No more commercials or barely any. Listening to WFAN in unlistenable between the commercials and 20/20 especially in the morning. I usually listen from 6:05-6:15. Today, they did not talk sports from 6:15-6:33 and then went to commercials again at 6:38. Horrible.

#1311 sec314, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  12. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

You're wasting your time with that. I've argued with the younger knuckleheads on this board for years about this. They have no idea what Namath means to this team, to the NFL, and to this city. You're best to just ignore them.

13. egbert souse

egbert souse Member

Whenever I hear Carton I can't help but think "This is what Beavis or Buttheaad would sound like if they had a sports talk radio show." I guess he'd be funny if your where a 13 year old boy?

14. Mitch_Dumstein

Namath

great player, we owe him everything for our Superbowl win

awful post playing "career" - failed as an TV commentator, humiliated himself and the Jets for showing up drunk and stupid on National TV with Kolber

embarrassed himself and the Jets again with his "ball position" nonsense in the rain on Hard Knocks

and now embarrassing himself and the Jets again every week with his "I will talk on the radio for beer" spot with Michael Kay shilling for his stupid charcoal grills

and I am far from a young guy. Loved him as a player but sadly he is now just an irrelevant bitter, pathetic old lush

15. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I was traumatized when his pantyhose commercial was sandwiched in between my Saturday morning cartoons.

j/k I'm a "younger" guy and still remember the talk of Namath and even the "big news" of him retiring. I was a kid and far too young to know what football was, but some things stand out in my mind.

Not to get off topic too much but I just went back to an antenna and cut the cord on cable. And there are a shitload more channels than 13 that you think exists. Granted I have internet access and PlayOn and I am streaming a ton of shit to my TVs now for free/minimal cost instead of sucking on the pay-for teat. And the game was crystal clear yesterday - in full HD.:wink:

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was thinking of going to antenna because Netflix replaces cable but what about Internet access? can you keep that and get rid of TV cable? I heard HD is great on the antenna

17. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I swore I would never get into this again on this board, but anyway - yea, you point out some of the down side he has had after football. You conveniently neglect all the times he correctly critized Jets management and ownership for their many mis-steps and screwups over the years, often when others would not speak out. And he has acted, AT THE TEAMS REQUEST, often as a position or procedural coach without actually being given that position. You want to criticize him, fine, but be fair at least. Joe Namath does not need to be defended from or by anyone, his body of work and legacy speak for themselves.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

if i didnt get everything for like 14 bucks a month i would absolutely not have cable tv.

between netflix, hulu and an antenna i would be perfectly happy. the only problem i would have would be college football. there are very few things that i enjoy more than college football and i would not be able to see many of the games i get to watch at this point. otherwise i can do everything else with an internet connection.

19. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

His last game played was over 35 years ago. Really young is an exaggeration.

20. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

He just had the nerve to call the Vikings "hapless". Which team goes in tonight winless? Too hilarious

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.