All things Revis

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Jun 26, 2013.

1. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

If he plays out this season healthy he's surely holding out for guaranteed money before camp.

2. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Hope that money is worth a 2-14 season. Was my favorite Jet of all time but fuck that greedy fuck.

3. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

This.

When I saw that deal I did not believe for a second that he would be under that deal next year. I believed that either two things would happen

1) He becomes the Revis of old and holds out for guaranteed money
    2) The injury hampers him and the Buccaneers release him

Little did I know a third option presented itself. By the looks of it Schiano will be gone (stunned that he hasn't been fired yet) as well as the GM. The new GM will have a very interesting decision in regards to Revis. Regardless of a holdout the new GM will not care that they traded a first round and third round pick for him and will simply evaluate whether it is worth it to pay a CB $16 Million. I'm thinking he gets traded or released again in the offseason. I just hope he doesn't hit free agency because I can really see the Pats picking him up which would just suck.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The Pats don't pay shit for players. Brady accepted a lesser deal just so they could have more money to go get playmakers, and what did they do? Let Welker walk for barely anything.

EDIT - I remember seeing Revis on ESPN with Gronkowski in the same segment and they asked Revis what he thought of BB, and he called him "a jerk" because that was probably the only thing that could have been aired. I can't see it.

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

If only he had a respectable brain, we could have had an even crazier defense than we already have. *sigh* Well at least he is winless.

6. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

he hits free agency and signs with the Jets for less money because he realizes nobody is paying him what he wants.

a man can dream.

7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

He has one 1Int and 2 FF's, that's it. I saw him get toasted by Larry Fitzgerald for a td that cost the Bucs the game. $16 mil?? :breakdance:

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you don't judge great corners on INts, the great ones aren't usually thrown at b/c they are covering their WRs. He did get beat for that TD but he's had an excellent individual season otherwise and he's probably like 80-85% of where he usually is. His best football will be played 2014 and beyond assuming no new injuries.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Revis was a $16M a year QB there is no way the Bucs are 0-6 right now.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Not true at all, there is already an example of this in the league. Hint-he plays in NY

11. Br4d

Yeah and he's overpaid by a lot.

I meant an actual $16M a year QB, not the 11-20th best guy in the NFL in any given year.

12. Mr. Green Pants

How is Revis doing this season? I really haven't been paying much attention. Out of sight, out of mind.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If he holds out they will cut him. It won't cost them a penny to do that and then he can sign with whomever he want for about 8 mil a year if he's lucky. At that point he will have no leverage with anybody.

14. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

If he's looking for 8M a year I'd see him coming back home to NY.

We'd probably trade Cromatie, and look at Revis and Milliner on the outsides, with Wilson and Walls in the slot. Not too shabby.

15. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Right, they would have had to pay Revis more though -- hence my $12/mm a year figure.

If Davis paid normally, the Jets lock up Revis for 6-7 years easy.

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

My God if we could have Revis and Cro locking down with this DL...... and then reality hits.

Hopefully Richard Sherman has pissed him off enough to make him want to come back where he would showcase his talents most

17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I've got an uneasy feeling the inevitable new GM/coach of the Bucs won't want to pay Revis 16mil.
    By cutting him, they save that cash, and get back their high 3rd round pick, while forfeiting their 4th round pick to the Jets instead.

I really want that 3rd rounder, but have a strong feeling it will fall to a 4th now.

18. Mitch_Dumstein

Considering that dumbass Schiano will be fired and Domenick may join him, it certainly is a strong possibility that TB will be in a total rebuild mode and not want to be throwing away 16 million pr more (when he holds out) at Mevis, Schwartz, Feinsod and Uncle Sean

I think the first or second pick of day three is likely

19. Br4d

I don't think the Jets had to pay Revis in the range you suggest absent Al Davis doing really stupid things with the Aso contract situation.

Would Revis have been the highest paid CB at the time his contract came up? Undoubtedly. But his impetus for holding out in 2010 was the Aso contract and that was the numbers he was looking for at the time.

If no other NFL CB was averaging 8 figures on his contract the odds on Revis getting there were much lower.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Stuck playing "Zone" defense :shit: