ref's make correct call, Patriot fan's outraged!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyIommi, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I don't believe for a minute that Belidouche thought it was okay because it wasn't from the second level. That is a bs excuse along the lines of spy gate. With spy gate the real reason was I didn't think I'd get caught. In this instance the real reason was I didn't think they'd call it with the game on the line.

If pats fans want to lay blame anywhere it should be right at Beli's feet. He thought he could get away with gaming the rules and he paid for it.

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I hate when good games end like that, even if its vs. pats.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

3. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I say bs call... No its the rule. Unfortunate timing absolutely. Just last week pats benefited from no call on a hold on the last touchdown. Deal with it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

haha if this were the NBA, McCourny gets a techical

5. UWSfan

UWSfan New Member

The Pats fans have really turned into whining bitches, haven't they? One game they get a call they don't like and they can't stop bitching. That's why everyone hates them so much.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We hate them because we've been their bitch for a long time. There whining because their bitch just put a beat down on them they didn't see coming.

7. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Totally correct

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

They definitely didn't see it coming. One fan called in to WEEI esterday saying there was no chance they'd lose to the pathetic Jets.

9. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

"This x 10000000000000000" said the Oakland Raiders

10. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit. We finally in all of our years of playing those assholes got a call that decided a game. Fuck them.

11. feldspar

feldspar Member

Regardless of what you think about the rule or call, you gotta think that there is a good chance that Chris Jones was actually coached to do what he did. An undrafted rookie probably wouldn't pull a maneuver like that on his own accord...and I think it was a weak "push" anyway. Not much of anything to call a game by, as others believe.

Of course, I don't really know that and am just speculating.

12. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I think the best part is when people complain about a valid penalty bc it shouldn't be called when the game is on the line. I had no idea rules were only enforceable when they didn't matter. But officer, I'm only driving drunk when there's barely any people on the road.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

13. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Patriots fans have no grounds to complain about that call. First off, they indisputably broke the rule- just because the game is on the line doesn't give you license to freely commit penalties.

Secondly, they got to (and won) a Super Bowl because of the ridiculous Tuck Rule, which was a rule that made no logical sense and didn't make the game safer. Whereas this rule does make sense, and makes the game a bit safer.

Thirdly, the Patriots had plenty of chances to win the game during regulation, and on their OT possession, but the Jets stopped them. If you end up needing the other team to miss a field goal in order for you to win, you obviously didn't play well enough in the rest of the game to deserve the win. The Jets simply outplayed the Patriots today, and there should be nothing controversial about this win.

14. agilic

agilic Member

Bingo. Jets were better today simple as that. If patriots had found a way to win it would have felt like a major steal. Better team today won.

15. Footballgod214

From PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-off-surprisingly-competitive-texans/related/

[​IMG]

Jerome Boger on Patriots penalty: It’s any kind of pushing action
    Posted by Josh Alper on October 20, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT
    Nick Folk AP

Patriots coach Bill Belichick disagreed with the personal foul call on defensive lineman Chris Jones in overtime of Sunday’s 30-27 loss to the Jets, but both a reading of the rule and referee Jeome Boger’s explanation make it hard to agree with Belichick’s take.

Boger spoke to a pool reporter — Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com — after the game and explained why Jones was flagged for the penalty.

“The call was that No. 94 on the defense pushed his teammate into the formation,” Boger said. “That is a rule change for 2013 that a teammate cannot push a teammate into the opponents’ formation.”

Belichick said it was his belief that the push was only illegal if it came from a player on the second level of the defense, but Boger said that wasn’t the case.

“Any push. It could be with the body, not necessarily with the hand, but with the body into his teammate, into the formation. It’s any type of pushing action,” Boger said.

As for Jones himself, he took the blame for the costly penalty when speaking with reporters after the game.

“It was something we talked about in camp and it just skipped out of my mind,” Jones said, via WEEI.com. “It was my mistake and nobody else’s. I just have to man up to it and fix it next time. I was just trying to get that extra little umph in the middle, to get up there.”

It’s the first time the rule has been called since being put into place before this season, which made a little-noticed change to the rulebook a much-noticed ending to a game.

16. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

The Jets NEVER catch breaks like that. Especially against the Pats. It's about time we did. A win is a win :)

17. Footballgod214

From PFT:

[​IMG]

Players proposed rule prohibiting pushing of teammates during field goal tries
    Posted by Mike Florio on October 20, 2013, 6:18 PM EDT
    Belichick Getty Images

So where did the rule come from prohibiting defensive players from pushing teammates on the line of scrimmage during field goal attempts?

Per a league source, players proposed the change during the annual February meeting with the Competition Committee to identify possible rule changes. Specifically, Redskins center Will Montgomery brought with him video examples of situations in which players were being pushed along the line during field goal attempts, causing possible injury.

The Competition Committee listened, became persuaded, and recommended the rule change. The owners voted in March to adopt it.

The source, who confirmed that it was the right call, also explained that Patriots coach Bill Belichick should not have been under the impression that only pushing from the second level was prohibited. As it was explained during visits to every team before the season, any pushing of players on the line of scrimmage — including pushing from other players on the line of scrimmage — constitutes a violation.

18. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I love this thread!

19. Footballgod214

Funny how Belicheck didn't even know how the rule worked and explained it wrong to his team! Beli is losing it.

20. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Reminds me of last year with the fumble on the one yard line that bill challenged but shouldn't have been able to since all turnovers are reviewable. About time they had to deal with a new rule instead of it not being talked about until it happened on Thanksgiving to the lions.