2012 Fatcesa thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Murrell2878, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I think Carton is hilarious. He basically is a ball buster and does things to bust people's balls which i find great. If you're looking for deep sports analysis don't listen to B&C.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

2. harkin

harkin Member

I work on the road inspecting cell towers and fiber optic work and I do a lot of driving in the middle of nowhere. Without satellite radio it would be hell.

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

+1

Whiny; sounds like Joan Rivers.

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'd rather over the top in attempts at comedy, rather than over the top in attempts to justify arrogance.

either way not getting a whole lot of in depth analysis on these shows.
    might as well be entertained and get an occasional laugh.

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Wahhhh why don't people like what I like.

I love Opie & Anthony but Boomer and & Carton can be entertaining. Its a radio show. They have 4 hours to kill 5 days a week. If you dont lke it dont listen.

6. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I love B&C, they're something different. They love sports, they're passionate, but they can laugh at things too. Way better then fat Mike.

It's all opinionated though. It matters what you like.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Beningos great, non stop doom and gloom of being a Jets and Mets fan and Knicks.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

When mike retires, who do you think get his time slot? Carton?

9. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Active Member

I can hear it now, Jets were given a gift.

10. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

Mike Francesa ‏@MikeFrancesaNY 1h
    Hate to burst youah bubble #ClasslessJets mongos but dis was not a RealWin™. Atrocious cawl! And Tawm wasn't even Tawm!

Mike Francesa ‏@MikeFrancesaNY 1h
    CAN YOUAH SHUT UP WITH DA QUARTAHBACK RATIN, REX? WHO CAHES?!?! Da only stat dat mattahs is refs makin phantom cawls!

11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I could actually see him saying that about the QB rating.

12. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

I look forward to tomorrow's show giving five minutes to the Jets, and the remaining time being divided among the Giants, the Redskins name, live MLB press conferences, and the Kennedy assassination.

13. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

It truly is disappointing to see him completely disregard a NY team and talk about things unrelated to NY like the redskins and MLB postseason.

14. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

his hate for the QB rating is all about Andrew Luck who has a mediocre 74 rating last year as a rookie. he said all he cares about is the TD's/INT's and wins.

still makes no sense. TD's/INT's is what makes up the QB rating. if you have a good ratio you're gonna have a good rating.

15. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Yeah, that's really weird. By saying he just cares about TDs and INTs, he's actually saying that accuracy and yards per attempt don't matter. Those are ridiculously important statistics, especially yards per attempt.

And also, if a team likes to run the ball when they're 1 - 2 yards from the goal line, the QB will end up with fewer TDs but you still have to give him a lot of credit if he helped get his team in a situation where they can score on a 1 - 2 yard run.

16. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Will tell you exactly what happens tomorrow on his show. He'll start off complimenting the Jets, saying the call was debatable but then saying that's part of the game and you don't give them back. Then Jet fans will start calling up, happy about the win and he'll mention the call a million times. You can't condense a game to one play he'll say, then mention it a million times.

17. #28Martin

Initially he'll minimize the play. Then soon as Jet fans start calling and start showing satisfaction in the win, he'll mention it a million times. He'll initially say it's debatable. Just like the Tampa Bay game. Initially it's all, "you don't give it back," and no style points, then he mentioned Geno being hit late a million times.

18. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

A veteran listener:rofl:

19. #28Martin

He's a big fan of Peyton and Luck. They cut the opponent to ribbons.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm a fan also. I'm more a Boomer guy than a Carton guy but I enjoy listening to them. I don't think Carton is going to replace Francesa. He needs Boomer to play off of him to be at his most effective.

I don't think we're going to see another Francesa-type as a solo act again. This iteration has been ok but nothing special. He was much better with the Mad Dog playing off of him and lightening things up a bit. One thing about a big dominant personality in a solo act like this is that when he gets off the path into the woods there's no way to get things fixed again quickly. We all just have to deal with the sound of snapping twigs and the oofs when he runs into a tree until he gets back clear again. That's not healthy in a talk show.

#1300 Br4d, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.