2012 Fatcesa thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Murrell2878, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

The world is righting itself on its axis...Mike trashing Bart Scott as an announcer. It would almost too much if he had good things to say about Bart too.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

what did he say about Rex?

3. Frank21

Frank21 Member

Basically that it wouldn't be smart firing Rex if the team ends up having anything but a disastrous rest of the season because the defense is primed to be the team's strength over the next few years. He also said he thinks Rex and MM have a good thing going together, and that if you are going to fire a coach you had better know you are getting something better.

It was fairly faint praise but it was unusual considering his attitude toward Rex in the past.

4. DDM

DDM New Member

Did he really trash him? He basically said he didn't see him because he doesn't watch pre or or post game shows.

5. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Basically said he never listens to anything Bart Scott has to say

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Interesting. Thanks

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Does anyone know who the more listened shows are?

Boomer-Carton against Mike and Mike in the morning slot.

Fatcesa against Kay-LaGreca in the afternoon slot.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

and which slot is more sought after. i always thought it was the morning spot... if not i could see boomer and cartin replacing this fat tub of shit at some point. although fatso did just ink a new deal last year or the year before.

ugh what a fat fucking douche.

10. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Carton is un-listenable. not only does he flip flop on everything, he is not funny. when he goes off on his rants about BBQ or spanking pigs, guitar noise sound sounds, musicals, mimicking or whatever, i want to smack the rest of the crew for laughing bc none of it is funny. NONE OF IT. This isn't Opie & Anthony. He flat out sucks. He's the Clyde Gates of Radio Hosts.

11. Mitch_Dumstein

Boomer and Carton are entertaining

Fatso is a lame, boring pompous douche who repeats himself fifteen times in any discussion of anything in order to fill 5 and a half hours of air time when his actual points couldn't fill 15 minutes

an unlistenable fat bore

12. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you spent a great deal of time this morning listening closely to someone you say sucks. Why would you put yourself through that?

13. alleycat9

i listen to probably an hour a week total between the 2 shows.

i didnt like cartin at first but now i find him pretty funny. him and boomer counteract eachother pretty well although it gets a bit annoying when cartin thinks he knows something that boomer has intimate knowledge of.

the fat fuck, well he is the epitomy of a douchebag. once upon a time he was a guy you could listen to. now he is so frustrating that you have to laugh at him.

14. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

That's makes two us...talk a good game...then playing slow as hell....

15. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I wished sometimes, for about a second, that I lived in town like New York. Where anything a member of the sports media says is glorified or hated within a minute. Here in Portland, Oregon there is one sports radio station, a couple of radio hosts who comment on local football and basketball. And there is an Oregonian has one sports columnist. and they never say anything bad about the UO Ducks or Oregon State Beavers? Its because we'd shoot them if they even tried ..... people that get rained on this much have different attitudes!

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Francesa repeats himself as often as he does because he's trying to set memes in the sports conversation. Most people need to hear something seven times or so before they really hear it. Before that it's an interesting idea or background noise but not a lot more than that.

If a person in a position of authority, a teacher for instance, says it over and over again the idea gradually settles in and is more likely to be received and actually processed in the central knowledge base.

If you're right when you do the repetitions then you've done a service. If you're not, well that's propaganda.

17. harkin

harkin Member

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

fatcessa is unlistenable and so is carton. Get satellite radio and you will never listen to either of them ever again.

19. alleycat9

i cant justify paying for something that i can receive for free. its like buying bottled water when you have good clean well water flowing freely from your tap.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The idea of actually paying for talk radio is nauseating. I'd bite the bullet and listen to classical before I did that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.