2013 week 7 - N.E. Patriots @ NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 13, 2013.

1. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter who's banged up for New England. We can't cover anybody.
    We can't cover ANYBODY.

If Brady and his receivers were on the same page in Foxboro we would have lost that game by 3 TD's. Our pass defense is a tragedy. The last three games we've allowed opposing QB's to complete 75.23% of their pass attempts. That's frightening ... and that's DEAD LAST in the league fellas ... By a wide margin. And while letting guys run free in our secondary, we've managed to intercept ZERO passes the last five weeks. Can you imagine how bad things might be if we didn't have a monster of a front 7? There's no reason to think we won't get shredded on Sunday. if you're not prepared for that, you're just fooling yourself.

If we plan on winning this game ... or even being in it at the end, we better figure out a way to get some goddamn turnovers and score a minimum of 27 points.

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Does Beli retire when Brady does? They will take a huge hit when Brady can no longer play, that's for sure.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We have a shot, offense needs to show up this time. You don't shut down Tom Brady for 60 minutes. Need complimentary football to win.

4. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

Really want to see the jets run the ball this game. Pats have been very susceptible to the run since wilfork has been hurt. Kelly is banged up as well and they've been gashed up the middle. If Mayo is limping this is the time to attack up the middle. A big problem in the steelers game was the third and longs time and time again. An offense can't be successful if they're facing 3rd and 8+ most drives.

Was very disappointed that Marty seemed to lean on the mediocre WR corp especially with Holmes gone. The RB's and OL are the strengths (use the term loosely) for the offense. Ivory hasn't been getting many carries and while he hasn't looked great this is the week to attack on the ground.

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

So were the Steelers and they handled our run game very well. I expect the Pats to do the same, unless MM can keep them honest and mix it up a little.

If we can get 7pts on the board first and make them play catch up, we have a chance. I'd actually like to see Geno go up top early on and get the secondary to back off.

Contrary to what many of the lemmings here feel, I feel this game is winnable and yes we may need a few lucky breaks to come our way too.

#105 gustoonarmy, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  6. TheGreenCantona

If i where Patriots, i would just bide my time and not be too worried about going down early. Jets will make mistakes (and a lot of them) eventually and in the long run a turnover free performance from the Patriots will render a win. They do not really need more.

7. HOI

HOI Active Member

Beli will do what he always does. He will take away 1 thing you do fairly well and make you beat him using the other. They will over commit to stopping the run and put all the pressure on Geno. Geno might put up some good numbers but the Pats will sit back and wait for the big mistake late in the game. The Jets will need to play mistake free football and turn the ball over 0 times to win this one.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

They'll stop the run but have their corners play off if Talib is out not letting up the deep throw, which Geno is above average at vs the rest of the QBs in the league. He'll force the Jets to piece together long drives to score their TDs knowing that there isn't a Holmes or Goodson to make a game breaking play. It's a similar strategy Beli uses vs other teams, but he'll do it more so vs us.

9. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I honestly think we got no shot in this game i hope they prove me wrong, but seems the pats have improved a lot from the last time we played them aside from their Bengals game.

10. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

I think Edelman will amp up his catches vs the Jets and have 20 receptions. This secondary is pathetic. Cro one of the best?? On what planet?

11. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

This can be addressed from a schematic point. Rex is too often just leaving out DBs on an island and our DBs aren't that good...most DBs aren't. I think he's blitzing too much, we finally have a front 4 that can get pressure, lay off on the blitzes.

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

if i recall past games with NE the number of blitzes rex thru at brady was less than average - for obvious reasons.

it did appear we blitzed a decent amt during the first game this year - likely due to NE not having their usual receiving threats out there.

it may depend on if gronk plays. if not - i think we'll come after brady like we did the first time. if he does play i would expect rex to dial it down.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We are winning on Sunday.

14. gustoonarmy

You're right. Every time we play the Pats these days, Rex dials back the amount of blitz's.
    Can't tell you how many times I've screamed at the TV for the D to get to Brady. It never works :gpc::gpc:

15. gustoonarmy

Yes we are! :jets::gpc:

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

When I get my hopes high, we lose. When I expect nothing from the team, we win.

I expect nothing this week but I still think we will lose. Brady will shred the Jets secondary with short passes.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

run the ball, run the ball, run the ball

18. nyjunc

w/ Talib out we should be able to throw it too. heavy doses of Ivory and Powell w/ some throws over the top to Hill.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

What's the latest on Gronk? Is he playing this week?

20. nyjunc

Not expected to