Who here is tired of the D getting burned on predicatable blitzes?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CandleGuy, Oct 14, 2013.

1. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I honestly can't tell if this is a serious post or not. Clearly you have zero grasp at the importance of statistics, but that's ok, don't let logic get in the way of trying to have a rationale argument.

2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Be careful Candleguy--the Rex defenders won't like this--His predictable blitzes make as much sense as his moronic decision against the Falcons to kick a 4th quarter extra point to put us up by 13 instead of going for 2. That idiotic decision coupled with 2 Atlanta 4th quarter TDs would have cost us the Falcon game had Geno not led the jets to a last second FG.

3. Yeah Rex sure is an idiot when it comes to defense...:rofl:

How is kicking the extra point idiotic? Whether it's a 13 or 14 point lead it's STILL a 2 possession game. What does a 14 point lead accomplish that a 13 point lead doesn't? Either way the opposition needs 2 touchdowns to accomplish anything.

If you go for 2 & miss then you only have a 12 point lead.Still 2 possessions but removing extra points as being crucial.

Sorry...Rex has many other faults to call into question than this....

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lmfao ahahaha!!!

This is the greatest thing I've read in a long time LOL!!

Yeah we should have gone for two right. If we did we would have been up by 14, two touchdowns. Instead we kicked an extra point and went up by 13, still two touchdowns haha

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

We got some awesome quality jets fan posts in this bitch haha

This is great!

#45 Falco21, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

What? Seriously, you can't/don't understand that? LOL! With a 14 point lead in the 4TH QUARTER , 2 tds and 2 XP points only TIE the game for the Falcons. Rex's moronic decision to KICK the XP put the jets up by 13 in the 4th quarter. Had we gone for 2 and converted the jets would have led by 14. Had the jets NOT converted, they would have led by 12. BY kicking the XP, Rex gave the Falcons the chance to WIN with 2 TDs (and the Falcons WOULD HAVE WON absent Folk's last-second FG). Kurt, the Falcons last TD put the jets BEHIND, not tied. A 13 point lead in the 4th quarter is no better than a 12 point lead (if the jets fail on the 2-point conversion)-- With a 12 OR WITH A 13 point lead a TD AND a FG by the other team DON'T beat or even tie you. However, 2 TDs by other team DO BEAT (not tie) you if your lead was either 12 OR 13. With a 14- point lead 2 TDs and 2 XPs don't beat you. I can't believe you can't understand that. Yet, you contend that KICKING for the one point is, in your words, CRUCIAL???? LOL! Do the math! Maybe Rex can hire you for your clock management and mathematic skills. I'll explain it this way--If Folk MISSED the FG at the end, the jets would have LOST the game because we were BEHIND AFTER the Falcons scored 2 TDS. I hope that answers your question "What does a a 14 point lead accomplish that a 13 point lead doesn't?" I really didn't think I had to explain it, but now you know.

7. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

And to me, this is the part that really sucks. We spend a first round pick on Kyle Wilson, and in spite of some people thinking that he's a decent player, the guy flat out sucks for where he was drafted. And the jury is out on Dee, but even the most positive person out there has to be somewhat concerned at this point with his health and ability to translate his college game to the pro's. Certainly I am not giving up on him, but these were 2 first round picks that should've solved the secondary quandary and instead have become part of the problem...

8. Tight

Tight Active Member

we played the falcons last Monday and won.

9. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

again statistics are for losers! Do you have any of that smoke left? if so , use it!

10. TheGreenCantona

offence puts up 6 points and cannot move the ball.

Defence get critisized.

11. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

did it ever get the ball back for the offense?

12. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ryan NEVER makes in game adjustments. It was clear in the second half that the Pittsburgh coaching staff had looked at the schemes the Jets used in the first half and adjusted to give Rothlesberger time to throw. Ryan's response? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. He just kept throwing the same thing at them. He is a lousy in game manager and never makes adjustments.

Rya

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Turnovers are gravy not expected. Did the Jets offense turn the ball over and put the D in a bad position?

19 points should be good enough to get a win. Our offense was horrendous on Sunday.

14. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

Cowher said it during the broadcast. Short screens and passes will beat the blitz. Thats what the steelers adjusted to
    early on in the game when our front shut down the running game. They then crushed us with screen after screen and we made no defensive adjustments and continued to blitz all day like a bunch of blitz happy morons.

Let our blitzers by and get the oline to the 2nd level and dump off a quick screen and watch our secondary get eaten up. Rinse and repeat til you win.