Bill Cowher

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Oct 13, 2013.

1. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but I actually made this point today. It was getting edgy in my section today and I pointed out that certain teams don't put up with this shit. Stabbings obviously cross the line (lol), but we do have to "protect the house" as they say. It makes for a more enjoyable in game experience if we don't have to deal with obnoxious visiting fans who have no etiquette. I have been to away games, and if I pulled some of the shit Pittsburgh fans pulled today I would have had beer thrown at me.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Cowher kind of sucked but he practically blew Rex and Geno. Sucking and being biased aren't the same thing.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

By certain teams you mean the criminal retards who call themselves fans. I'm pretty sure the teams like having the seats filled by anyone.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Simms always does a pretty good job. Plus he always seems to be at Jet Camp the day or two before the game talking to players, coaches, getting the scoop. Give him credit for that.

He doesn't just show up game day and mis-pronounce half the player's names.

5. rohirrim665

Yea I agree, and I don't condone that kind of shit, but there is a certain etiquette to follow as a visiting fan, that I've been able to follow intuitively as a baseball and football fan that visits other stadiums, that some fans don't seem to follow. It's probably a universal thing, but certain fanbases exercise their lack of more than others. The Steelers fans are one of them.

#45 rohirrim665, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  6. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

and with as many Steeler fans as there were in the stadium, it felt like a steeler home game

7. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Watched it muted at times. It was a pretty bad cast of commentators.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Steelers have a great fan base. If they want to blow their money on hotels, restaurants and travel to follow their team good for them. I'm satisfied knowing they wont have a pot to piss in during retirement and will be waving a snot filled towel eating cat food.

9. rohirrim665

The most obnoxious ones were local fans. You can tell the ones who are actually from Pitt a mile away. Most were from NJ, I did some inquiring. The ones that were from pittsburgh you didnt have to ask.

10. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

The new stadium has no feel to it...i stopped going. It's too big, too quiet, too generic.

It must be one of the quietest stadiums in the league. Watching the red zone channel you hear all these crowds just booming -- then they switch to the Jets and it's like a dull hum

11. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

He was not very good, but neither were the Jets,

12. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Browsing the Giants forums...they say the same things. That the stadium is drab, generic, and has no feel or personality.

They hate it too. Pretty safe to say this place has been an unmitigated disaster

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Well woody did say he wanted a stadium opposing teams would dread coming to.....

guess he didn't expect fans would feel the same way.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Can't help but wonder how much of the 'drab' feeling comes from two teams battling over the same stadium...Jets can't over-do, Giants can't over-do.

One size fits 2 means one size fits none maybe?

How different would the stadium be if it were 100.00000% J-E-T-S in Manhattan

15. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

IMO I saw no reason for them to tear down Giants Stadium. That was a great place to watch a football game and concert. Great sight-lines from any seat in the building, a nostalgic feel to it, and a true "personality" to it. I have fond memories of going to Jets/Giants games and concerts at that stadium, and I'm only 23. The new stadium was built to cater to exclusively the "wine and cheese" crowd. I say fuck them and their wine and cheese.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the stadiums issues are design related and greed related.

jets fans used to pretty much fill that stadium most games, not so much anymore as most jets fans have stopped going because of the high prices. many of the tickets are broker owned at this point so they are very very easy for steelers fans to get.

the place is as 227 calls it a mausoleum. its too wide, too high and has no intimacy. part of that is due to the newer rules that dont really allow over hangs.

the lower level is too flat, the middle level is too small and expensive and the upper level is way way way too high, and far back. i think it is last row of old stadium is 4th row of new stadium or something like that in height.... and it is WAY WAY further back from the field.

on top of the fact that what was 10 years ago a 75 dollar ticket in the mezz 15 yard line row 2 is now 750 bucks.

they had a perfect football stadium and spent a few billion to completely fuck it up.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Cowher? You're worried about Cowher?

I'm worried about the refs jobbing the Jets all game long with non-calls on the 0-4 Steelers. They didn't kill the Jets with penalties but I saw at least two face masks/hands in the face calls that were not made against the Steelers and one of them was probably worth 7 pts instead of 3.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I agree. I thought he was awkward, uncomfortable, and unappealing as a broadcaster, not biased.

19. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

I guess I'm the only one here who actually enjoyed listening to Cowher. I've always been a fan of his, especially after he retired and began working for the NFL Today on CBS. He seems like a down to earth good guy.

20. CreedBratton

CreedBratton New Member

Completley agree. And I'm 23 as well :beer: