Current Status of This Team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Oct 8, 2013.

1. NewYorkEveryThing

We will see .The verdict is still not out on the kid. He showed poise in last weeks game. He has 0 talent on offense. Heath miller could not be stopped awe were losing this game The whole team played like garbage.

2. I hate Revis

I hate Revis Member

Last weeks game was indoors. I seen his comfort zone but when bad weather occurs like it will come as the seasons gets older you will see his performance get worse. Take that to the bank.

3. Mitch_Dumstein

the sky is falling.... the sky is falling...fire rex, fire marty, fire everybody, bench smith.... blah blah blah

3-3 after six, predictions by experts and gloomers said we would be 1-5 or worse

turning things over to the SOJFs until midweek

72 hour rule

4. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

That's about what I've been thinking sadly.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Peter King said we would go 3-13 so thats not off the table just yet

6. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

just stop ,we being average and thats what was expected we hoped for more but so far 3-3 its not the worst case scenario

7. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Yep :wink: I'm ducking out of here for a while, while the drunk dick heads misspell their spiel and continue to try and convince the rest of us its not worth turning up to face the better teams

8. JustaJetFan

JustaJetFan Member

:rofl:This is how I know you're taking out of your ass.

That's BS, if the offense was a "high school playbook" how has Geno managed to nearly throw for 1,500 yards in six games? How come the Jets are one of the best teams when it comes to deep throws? Hell, have you even seen the screen passes the team runs.

It's one thing to bash the Jets, but to bash them without any argument and to just do it for the sake of being an ass? You're just acting like a troll.

9. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Geno was terrible vs Tennessee so they dumbed the playbook down significantly against the Falcons, got some huge defensive stops and Geno to simply not throw the game away with awful turnovers. They tried that again today and it didn't work.

It's obvious to anyone with a football IQ beyond retard that the Jets and Marty specifically have significantly dumbed down this playbook for Geno.

10. I hate Revis

I hate Revis Member

Did anyone on this board watched Geno in college last year. I watched at least 6 games and the games he threw for tremendous yardage was against his conference who didn't play pass defense. The latter games on schedule his performance gotten worse from worse weather and better competition. He was overhyped and when you seen his performance in the Pinstripe bowl in snowy condition you not only seen a QB that was not ready for the NFL but his maturity level in that game wasn't good. His Syracuse opponent actually had a good game and was playing to the conditions. I said that this past draft their wasn't one QB that should start this year in the NFL. Our GM needed to make a splash by drafting him in 2nd because he was the candy QB during the college year.

11. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

this is unfortunately sport on...he's completely not the answer

12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

No, it will be blamed on the offensive line an the WRs, no way in hell its Geno, that won't be admitted until year 3

13. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Geno didn't have it today, it happens to every QB. You can't kill him because he was off target one day. He still made some nice throws.

The 1st int was a terrible decision, no excuse there it was just awful. The second one was because he got hit.

I question the play calling more in this game. The offense had rhythm and moving nicely then they go and run a stupid direct snap on 1st and 10 in their own end. That play stopped their momentum. The screen passes that don't work have to stop. The pass over the middle that should have been intercepted should never have been thrown nor the play called, that one is on both Geno and MM. The home run ball that Hill just missed on 2nd and 7 deep in their own end should never have been called, its a low percentage play and if it doesn't hit they're likely kicking from deep in their own end. That play is fine if you're at mid-field or in plus territory or if its 2nd and 2 but not 2nd and 7. If MM saw what we did, namely that Geno couldn't hit a receiver crossing in stride today then he should have changed the calls to allow him to lead the receivers down field on short and intermediate seam routes etc.

The secondary sucked too, I don't like any of the players except Cro and we all know their receivers aren't the type that Cro excels against regardless of how his knee felt.

Now it gets tougher.. they need to win at least 1 of the next 3 before the bye, ideally 2 if they are really going to be a contender in the second half of the season.

14. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

What would be amazing is if every time our QB (whoever that might be) has a bad game, our resident doom & gloom merchants DIDN'T turn up.