2013 week 6 - Pittsburgh Squeelers @ NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 8, 2013.

1. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

There is an excellent chance the Jets will tied for 1st in the AFC East by around 7:30 tomorrow night

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

If we win the trap game against the Steelers.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Could not agree with you more. For sure many on this site will probably think I'm crazy, but I'm much more worried about this game than against NE next week.

I think there are many factors that could surprise the Jets this week particularly defensively after the buy. It might turn out to require some significant adjustments at the half on both sides of the ball and that is not necessarily our strength.

The Steelers have been game planning for two weeks how to beat our Defensive line and how to confuse the crap out of Geno. This game is scary.

If we go past the Steelers, I think we will surprise the shit out of the PAts.

4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Just hoping for a good sound game, hopefully Geno can play a turnover free football, but I've been a jets fan for a long time, so I won't get my hopes up, go jets an go saints!

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The concept of a trap game is silly, in my eyes. Like the Jets are totally going to slack off and not prepare for the game or take it lightly because of their record. They will be playing just as hard, regardless of their record. They know who the Steelers are.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I think this is the game where Coples gets in on the act.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Like Joe Beningo said, how can this be a trap game when Jets are supposed to be the worst team in all of football?:rofl:

Its not a trap game, the Jets clearly are motivated by ESPNs power rankings, I wouldnt be surprised if that #32 rank is posted all over the locker room.

8. cantwait57

cantwait57 Member

I hope, he's so late coming off the snap.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think the idea is not the team consciously saying we aren't trying, but looking ahead to the Pats or taking the Steelers lightly because they have forced 0 turnovers and don't have a win. I think it can be true, you lose your focus for a little but or subconsciously think you are better and can coast, and all of sudden you can be down 21-0.

10. GreenDore

GreenDore New Member

Could be tied for first tomorrow

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So I looked it up a little to find out that Pouncey is done for the season.

Oh man - Jets DL should be licking their chops. Their protection is struggling, their run game is struggling - and as a consequence, the entire offense is struggling. Time to kick'em while they're down.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The trap is that the Steelers are going to be like wounded animals at this point. The team is not good this year but there are a lot of older pros on that team that don't want to go out like this.

Polamalu, Roethlisberger, Miller, Keisel, Taylor, Clark, etc. Lots of guys who were there when the talent was there and have to be dying right now watching it all go to hell in a handbasket.

They know *they're* the guys going out the door at the end of the year or after next season and they'll be doing everything they can to get guys psyched up to play.

If the talent deficit is too big it just won't matter. Kevin Mawae and Curtis Martin couldn't save the Jets in 2005 when the drafting and injuries caught up to the team.

13. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Why does nobody get this? The bye-week is huge. I'm not jumping ship, I can see the Jets winning by two possessions, but I can also see this tipping the other way and we lose late. Last I looked Lebeau is still the DC and Geno is still a rookie without Holmes and Winslow. I will walk in tomorrow expecting a win, as we should beat any 0-4 team, whoever it may be. Still, I'm not putting this one in the bank yet like some of you are.

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

This is the NFL, so no game is a gimme, especially for a team like the Jets that is hardly a powerhouse. Having said that, the argument about the so-called desperation of a team leading to an upset is pretty silly. That is exactly what we've been hearing about the Giants the last three games, and you've seen what has happened there.

The Jets have a better chance of beating the Steelers this week than they do the Patriots next week (or the Bengals and Saints the following two weeks) because those other three teams are considerably better than the Steelers. It really is that simple; I'm not saying the Jets will definitely be 4-5 at the bye, but that's probably the most likely situation.

15. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

It'd be nice to hear the 12th man today. I know i'll contribute, always do, but we can't let the towels run rampant. Protect the house today, can't make Steelers fans feel welcome.

16. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Enjoy the game it will be full i guess

17. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Just show the Jason Taylor/Mewelde Moore safety on a repeat loop for two hours prior to the start of the game and everyone will be pumped.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

At least from the TV feeds, the Jets crowd has been really loud and really into the TB and BUF games.

19. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

1 hour and a half left !!

20. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

This is going to be a tough game for us. Dick LeBeau with 2 weeks to prepare for us sounds scary. Geno on a short week. We need to use the game play of last week and run a more balanced attack and not expose Geno to the rush and hits he was taking in weeks 1-4. Run a short passing offense like we did last week rather than the gunslinger deep passing offense the first 4 weeks.

The problem we have is our OL is by far the worst OL Pittsburgh has faced. They have faced 4 very good rushing teams. The Jets running attack should be a lot easier for Pittsburgh. Pitt is angry, upset and wants to make someone pay. Its not always who you play but when you play them. This game like games 1-5 will likely all be on Geno.It is a tough spot to put a rookie in. If they shut down our running game it could be a tough day. I just hope MM realizes its ok to punt, let the defense shoulder some of the load and not force the rookie to do try to do to much.

I really hate losing to Pitt. Hopefully today will be our day. But despite the record this looks a very tough game for us